British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Russians Introduce Slavery For Their Riders

Russian Motocycle Federation: http://mfr.ru/news/vnimanie-rukovoditelyam-spidveynykh-klubov/

has just introduced the rules , which says that every Russian speedway rider who obtained home Federation consent to race outside the country, has a duty to represent the country under the threat of immediate loss of license to compete in foreign leagues !

Financing riders in the world cup, their fees for an international license , insurance outside Russia , is from now on the responsibility of the riders home clubs. The fifth point of the said rules obliges all riders with permission to race outside of Russia, to represent the country in the World and European championships . In case of refusal , the riders will be immediately deprived of permission to ride for foreign clubs and will not receive such a permit for the following year.

So it comes out that the Russian speedway authorities suddenly introduced slavery . In orders that the presidents of the clubs and the riders did not have much time to think, the rules are entered with the date of March 15 , as the final date to apply for permission to race abroad. This applies to all Russians riders , even those who have previously been issued with such approval .

source: sportowefakty.pl

So it comes out that the Russian speedway authorities suddenly introduced slavery .

It's taken a while but they've finally caught up with Polish clubs then...

• Like 3

It's taken a while but they've finally caught up with Polish clubs then...

Was just thinking exactly the same. Its funny reading the Poles getting upset about the authorities clamping down on riders.

Wonder where this leaves Emil? Sat at home I guess.

Was just thinking exactly the same. Its funny reading the Poles getting upset about the authorities clamping down on riders.

Wonder where this leaves Emil? Sat at home I guess.

Polish license I expect.

• Like 1

> ... Its funny reading the Poles getting upset about the authorities clamping down on riders.

Don't tell me, you're happy.

Are you ?

Are you ?

Absolutely Fabulous oldpal, funny your not laughing now old Polski is being dictated too.

Are you ?

Don't tell me you're upset?

Are you?

Don't tell me you're upset?

Are you?

Far from it.

What is good for goose is also good for gander.

Wait when BEL clubs will want to have any Russian in their line up.

Far from it.

What is good for goose is also good for gander.

We don't need to wait, we are fully aware of this 'slavery' issue you have brought up. As it originated in Poland.

I think British teams are well used to riders disappearing off to other competitions, but I don't think there was much sympathy from Poland.

Perhaps Polish teams should ride midweek when World and European Championships aren't staged?

• Like 1

Russian Motocycle Federation: http://mfr.ru/news/vnimanie-rukovoditelyam-spidveynykh-klubov/

has just introduced the rules , which says that every Russian speedway rider who obtained home Federation consent to race outside the country, has a duty to represent the country under the threat of immediate loss of license to compete in foreign leagues !

Financing riders in the world cup, their fees for an international license , insurance outside Russia , is from now on the responsibility of the riders home clubs. The fifth point of the said rules obliges all riders with permission to race outside of Russia, to represent the country in the World and European championships . In case of refusal , the riders will be immediately deprived of permission to ride for foreign clubs and will not receive such a permit for the following year.

So it comes out that the Russian speedway authorities suddenly introduced slavery . In orders that the presidents of the clubs and the riders did not have much time to think, the rules are entered with the date of March 15 , as the final date to apply for permission to race abroad. This applies to all Russians riders , even those who have previously been issued with such approval .

source: sportowefakty.pl

Welcome to Russia! Part of the national psyche I am afraid. Interesting stuff though

I think British teams are well used to riders disappearing off to other competitions, but I don't think there was much sympathy from Poland.

Perhaps Polish teams should ride midweek when World and European Championships aren't staged?

I think you are all missing the point, and the point is that any Russian rider riding in foreign leagues CANNOT refuse to represent his country when called up to do so. If he does then has to pay the consequences of his international licence being withdrawn by the Federation.

Edited by PolskiZuzel

I think you are all missing the point, and the point is that any Russian rider riding in foreign leagues CANNOT refuse to represent its country when called up to do so.

If he's riding on a Russian licence. What if he rides on a Polish licence?

I think you are all missing the point, and the point is that any Russian rider riding in foreign leagues CANNOT refuse to represent his country when called up to do so. If he does then has to pay the consequences of his international licence being withdrawn by the Federation.

I could be wrong but I'm sure that technically anyone riding on a British license agrees to the same with Team GB. I'd be amazed if other countries don't have the same terms too.

Anyway. we don't have any Russians in the British league, so really not too worried.

I could be wrong but I'm sure that technically anyone riding on a British license agrees to the same with Team GB.

Except if your name is Craig Cook and you make out that you can't afford to appear for Team GB in the GB v Australia test series...or your name is Lewis Bridger when you cry off because after laying idle for 5 months, your bikes are still in bits all over the garage floor.

The point I think PZ is making is this, and it follows on from the SWC qualifier in Czestochowa last year. When the Swedes, Poles, Czechs etc select their teams, the governing bodies PAY for the riders to attend. They cover their expenses, costs etc etc. Last year, Emil, the Lagutas etc were not going to be paid any money by the Russian authorities to ride in the SWC...so they didn't accept their invitations, and some young Russian juniors were conscripted in instead. This year if Emil or the Lagutas refuse to ride for nothing, and pay their own way on behalf of their country, they will be refused a license to ride outside communist USSR (oops) Russia.

Looking at what the Russian authorities have done, it's a step up from any draconian measures anyone else has made of their riders.