British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Peterborough V Rye House 18 March Challenge

What a shambles!

Bring in Ryan Sullivan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is he your new best friend ?

• Like 1

over rated Peterborough if say :)

I bloody hope not! I've stuck a tenner on em to win the league :neutral:

Edited by skj

Very surprised by the result! Perhaps some of us have underrated Rye House? All the riders I expected would hold Rye House back actually made their meeting.

Where as some of us said they were the team to watch. Early days but I expect Garrity to score more for them in the future so look like a pretty good team right now.

Where as some of us said they were the team to watch. Early days but I expect Garrity to score more for them in the future so look like a pretty good team right now.

Clearly shows there's potential in the team. I honestly thought Boxall was going to be a big struggler this season from going national league to premier league heat leader and with Luke Bowen having a year out. But they've looked to both hit the ground running! But as you've said, it is early days and one meeting doesn't make a season. But if they can get Garrity going and maintain the standard set tonight, then Rye House could definitely be a force.

Clearly shows there's potential in the team. I honestly thought Boxall was going to be a big struggler this season from going national league to premier league heat leader and with Luke Bowen having a year out. But they've looked to both hit the ground running! But as you've said, it is early days and one meeting doesn't make a season. But if they can get Garrity going and maintain the standard set tonight, then Rye House could definitely be a force.

And only 1 point from RR, would have won by a lot more had Rye been at full strength.

Definitely makes Rye stronger without Bunyan....

But still, R/R is R/R.... end of the day, prefer to see Tres, Garrity and Boxall having another ride each personally.

HaHaHaHa, 1 point from rr,

Enjoyed tonight's meeting. Good win for the Rockets and plenty of entertaining racing. Although several riders mentioned the track being slicker than they expected, it seems overtaking still exists in speedway but best not mention that on a Leicester thread. Well done to Joe Jacobs and Oliver Greenwood as well. Looks like there's plenty for Panthers and Rockets fans to look forward to this season.

• Like 1

Well done Rye House on giving Peterborough a Welcome to the premier league !

Don't know about welcome. More like confirmation of a few things.

Blown engine for Luke Bowen in heat 14. Only sour note on a tremendous night. Good to see Steve Boxall & Lewis Blackbird walk away from a nasty looking crash

The way the meeting went i thought we were going to blow it like so many meetings last year. Great heat fifteen from Kennett and Boxall had Bunyan been riding it would have been a more comfortable win. Expensive looking crash for Blackbird and Boxall just pleased they were able to walk away. Good all round performance from the Rockets but a bit of a wake up call for Jason G who was talking about ending the season as No1 and looking forward to the Elite next year. When he gets himself back to his best the Rockets will be very difficult to beat.

beaten by a team of 5 point men. panthers running COLD..

Thats the art of team building, top heavy teams rarely succeed as was shown tonight. Unless the big four perform every night they will struggle.

We were forced to listen to Mick Jagger singing "Start Me Up" over the p.a. last night.. A song that repeatedly includes the line 'You make a grown man cry'. Who on earth considered that to be an appropriate song to choose? What on earth were they thinking..?

Edited by Mike.Butler

cracking meeting in front of what looked like a decent attendance. I believe its a master stroke having regular racing on the same night each week.. wish i'd thought of that...

First visit to The Showground for me and I was impressed especially at £10 entry for old gits like me. I thought we were going to lose when Panthers got the 5-1 in Heat 14 but what a great start to the season. Well done the Rockets.

you had better get used to it..lol.