British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Wolverhampton 29 March

Its the worst thing that could have happened and so early in the season, really hope its not too serious was looking forward to seeing him in the GPs ..Get well soon Tai...

WORLD Speedway Champion Tai Woffinden has vowed to race through the pain barrier to launch the defence of his world title next weekend.

Woffinden crashed during Wolverhampton's Elite League thriller at Leicester on Saturday and was taken to hospital.

He travels to Auckland for the New Zealand FIM Speedway Grand Prix next weekend nursing serious back pain and ligament damage in his right foot.

Speaking from departures at Heathrow Airport, Woffinden said: "I discharged myself from hospital to get this flight.

"I'm on pain killers. I'm struggling for movement in the left leg because of the impact on my lower back, hip and backside. It's seriously painful but the scans showed it's all good where the bones are concerned, nothing broken.

"But I'm on crutches and the problem is I have to use my right foot which is the one with the ligament damage.

"That was caused by the first crash. I thought I'd fractured my foot at first, but thankfully that's not the case and I will be trying to rest it completely once I get to Auckland.

"Then in the last race it was one of those incidents with Mads (Korneliussen) and I knew I was in a bit of trouble when I bounced off the track.

"They weren't too impressed when I said I'm leaving, I've got a flight to catch to New Zealand! But that's the way it is, it had to be done.

"Now I'm going to arrange daily physio from the time we get to Auckland as well as resting up in the hotel. If I have to miss the first practice then so be it.

"I'm planning to ride next Saturday. I'm determined to do all the right things this week, but it's not the best preparation for the first GP of the season!

"One thing I'm pleased about is the team won. It's a great result for Wolverhampton and thanks to Chris Harris who was a good guest for us."

As Chief Executive of the British Tripe Marketing Company, I would like to ask contributors to this Forum to kindly cease making derogatory comments about a healthy, nutritious, traditional and good value food by comparing it with the qualoity of racing entertainment served up by the Leicester Speedway track.

If this persists, I may take out legal injunctions in an attempt to stop any further negative references to wonderful, tasty and appetising TRIPE

• Like 3

Didn't do a thing for me tonight. Counted the passes and there were just 4, otherwise just strung out, although I don't know what happened in the re-run of heat 15 because we went after Tai fell. That's pretty sad for me to be more interested in getting out of the car park and going home than watching the end of a match that was all square at

I think it doesn't help with all the rubbish we have going on at Coventry at the moment. Has put a real dampener on the start of the season and speedway.

Really hope Tai is okay, can't believe hes still planning on riding on sunday with his injuries

• Like 1

1st heat pass was Thorsell taking Doyle and Woffinden who were clearly affected by their crash. 2nd heat pass was the level where the track works best.. that being NL level riders finding their way around the track and set up. Heat 3 onwards seemed as hopeless as BP ever was. Thank god it was £5 refundable viewing.

I'm amazed there are people still looking for chinks of light in the value of BP as a speedway track or trying to dismiss the mass of complainants as having an agenda against DH or his role in Leicester Speedway. You honestly wouldn't be able make it up unless you weren't there and at least some people defending the 'tripe' were tonight eh..

Mick.

Oh come on Mick. Check out the Facebook page. "You won't see better racing anywhere in the country". "Great racing". "Awesome racing". There's even a mention of team riding...... I'm just wondering if the orange tractor steaming past the yellow tractor is classed as a pass? ;-)

• Like 1

Yes 2 wins against most people's tips for the bottom two!

That is most peoples tip who aren't very good at tipping you mean. :rofl:

At least we know if the Robins cant win at either club then they are destined for the bottom end anyway :wink:

1st heat pass was Thorsell taking Doyle and Woffinden who were clearly affected by their crash. 2nd heat pass was the level where the track works best.. that being NL level riders finding their way around the track and set up. Heat 3 onwards seemed as hopeless as BP ever was. Thank god it was £5 refundable viewing.

I'm amazed there are people still looking for chinks of light in the value of BP as a speedway track or trying to dismiss the mass of complainants as having an agenda against DH or his role in Leicester Speedway. You honestly wouldn't be able make it up unless you weren't there and at least some people defending the 'tripe' were tonight eh..

Mick.

You appear to have forgotten Harris in ht 15 can we have your view on that one. Ht 13 was a close race which my apologies if not I thought was the point. Thorrsell, Wells and Ljung against the reserves were always going to be strung out. I'd have been worried if they were closer. I have said in a previous post about Stead. He maybe a racer but he wasn't even close to pass but I like hom so I don't care he could ride round on his own and I would be entertained. Hougaard is certainly giving us spme good meetings. Which wasn't going to happen according to some because it wasn't 'his kind of track' Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

Oh come on Mick. Check out the Facebook page. "You won't see better racing anywhere in the country". "Great racing". "Awesome racing". There's even a mention of team riding...... I'm just wondering if the orange tractor steaming past the yellow tractor is classed as a pass? ;-)

I concluded a long time ago that this must be some sort of internet masonic type greeting within the very weird LSSC community.

Well either that or they're all certifiable crackpots! (no offence to the cracked pots society Big Al)

or both!

Mick.

Well done to the Wolves best wishes to Tai hope he don't the anything silly and thinks about it before racing in NZ.

You appear to have forgotten Harris in ht 15 can we have your view on that one. Ht 13 was a close race which my apologies if not I thought was the point. Thorrsell, Wells and Ljung against the reserves were always going to be strung out. I'd have been worried if they were closer. I have said in a previous post about Stead. He maybe a racer but he wasn't even close to pass but I like hom so I don't care Hougaard is certainly giving us spme good meetings. Which wasn't going to happen according to some.

you can't have my view on that because i wasn't there and they didn't show it on bet365. No one is ever making out passes don't happen (the likes of Harris, Nick Morris etc can clearly make the odd pass), It's just the paucity of passing and the dreadful nature of entertainment that goes on in those many races between those do it or die passes.. Close races aren't the point at all BTW, It's whether you percieve the close race might then result in some passing entertainment or something like that...

Edited by volty

you can't have my view on that because i wasn't there and they didn't show it on bet365. No one is ever making out passes don't happen (the likes of Harris, Nick Morris etc can clearly make the odd pass), It's just the paucity of passing and the dreadful nature of entertainment that goes on in those many races between those do it or die passes.. Close races aren't the point at all BTW, It's whether you percieve the close race might then result in some passing entertainment or something like that...

Thank you for your honesty

Thart's why our views differ we have a different opnion on what is classed as entertainment both the Woofy crashes were him trying to pass and Lions trying to block him. I don't want to see any passing if it means visitors passimg Lions.

I was a bit dubious about joining the EL but I have to say I am warming to it

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

edit > Does anyone know who is riding Leicester next Sunday? I'm amazed it's not been mentioned.

Leicester v Kent in the National Trophy followed by Long Eaton v Rye House in MDJL. Meeting starts at 4pm.

At least we know if the Robins cant win at either club then they are destined for the bottom end anyway :wink:

Good luck finding somebody who doesn't think that Leicester & Brum will fill the bottom two places.

Will be joining your team then :wink: