British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Plymouth V Somerset (afc) 29/03/2014

No thread about this where are you Devil fans?

Morris back for the Rebels, Barker still missing Ritchie Worrall should be a good guest.

1. Ritchie Worrall

2. Roland Benko

3. Kyle Newman

4. Rasmus Jensen

5. Sam Simota

6. Ben Reade

7. Kalle Katajisto

1. Nick Morris

2. Todd Kurtz

3. Brady Kurtz

4. Pontus Aspergren

5. Olly Allen

6. Charles Wright

7. Paul Starke

Tight meeting with Rebels coming out on top in the second half as they look a bit stronger. Battles between Wright/ Starke and Katajisto/ Reade to be key.

Somerset are always a good bench mark so will be interesting to see how we get on - We have a shocking record against the Rebels but I think this is one of the weaker Rebels outfits to come to Plymouth since we stepped into the PL.

That said Starke knows the SBA very well as does Todd so both will no doubt go pretty well. Wright has never done much at the SBA though so that could be an area for the Devils to target.

Not expecting Reade to do much but will be interesting to see how the likes of Kalle, Benko and Simota go. Barker shouldn't drop points to anyone other than maybe Morris and then of course there is Brady!

I'll go for the draw 45-45! But if I was pushed to name a winner I'd probably lean the way of the Rebels, should be a belter though!

Not expecting Reade to do much but will be interesting to see how the likes of Kalle, Benko and Simota go. Barker shouldn't drop points to anyone other than maybe Morris and then of course there is Brady!

I'll go for the draw 45-45! But if I was pushed to name a winner I'd probably lean the way of the Rebels, should be a belter though!

Barker isnt riding tonite

Edited by Former devil
  • Like 1

Mikeyt, I believe we have Richie Worrall riding in place of Barker tonight. Should be a good meeting.

Somerset are always a good bench mark so will be interesting to see how we get on - We have a shocking record against the Rebels but I think this is one of the weaker Rebels outfits to come to Plymouth since we stepped into the PL.

That said Starke knows the SBA very well as does Todd so both will no doubt go pretty well. Wright has never done much at the SBA though so that could be an area for the Devils to target.

You had a good record against Rebels last season, Rebels about the only team that could not win at your track beginning of last season.

Barker isnt riding tonite

If current fixture list does not change, Barker will be missing against the Rebels on April 18th at Oak Tree, June 21st at St Boniface, and July 21st at Oak Tree. However to even it up, Nick Morris will be missing on April 18th and June 21st. Thanks to the new rule that Elite clubs have priority, there are going to be many matches where riders are missing and more and more guest riders.

There are also some fixtures where Newman will be missing at OTA for the Devils.

Fixture mayhem.

One of the strong selling points of the PL was always that it didn't have the Elite League's problems of missing riders and guests.

I guess things have changed!

Will be keeping a keen eye on this one tonight as Richie Worrall is riding, and also to see how the young lad Kurtz gets on on his debut for the Rebels.

Not sure about this Rebels side this year, looks a pretty long tail to me but time will tell.

Edited by CardinalSin

Nobody has mentioned how they think Olly will do! What does his stats look like around the SBA?

Nobody has mentioned how they think Olly will do! What does his stats look like around the SBA?

3 wins and a fall last year with Rye

I tell you what IF Somerset do get rid of Wright and use the rest of there points up, they will be hard to stop. Right to chop Proctor certainly... and Yes I know, its only Plymouth but very impressive so far.

Somerset look like an artificial illegal side to me, How have they fitted all those riders into their side?

Well Kurtz should be 7 but he isn't.

But Plymouth are shocking so it's no real suprise they are getting hammered

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Well Kurtz should be 7 but he isn't.

But Plymouth are shocking so it's no real suprise they are getting hammered

They do look really poor again sadly. We'll get a better idea of Somerset on Thursday when they come to Foxhall.

They do look really poor again sadly. We'll get a better idea of Somerset on Thursday when they come to Foxhall.

Agreed and when Somerset come to the EOES on Tuesday.

Impressive win for the Rebels and better than I thought. Plymouth looked better second half but still no challenge for the Rebels.

Worrall: pick of the bunch for me. Bad first race but got a deserved 15 points.

Benko: again started badly but got better, unlucky fall in heat 8 meant he lost what would have been a 5-1 to them. Gated in last heat but lost it could be down to injury.

Newman: will be a gem at home after a few meetings. In the second half he was the only other Devil, worrall apart, who tried and got a deserved win.

Jensen: disappointed witg him tbh I thought he would push on this season. Only second string quality tonight.

Simota (or as it sounded samosa): very poor had tussle with Allen in heat 13 but only beat Reade.

Reade: very much off the pace and was gifted a point in heat 2. Have to say 5&6 is the heat where Plymouth are vulnerable.

Katajisto: good to hear he is ok and will be fit for friday. May have been closer had he not withdrawn but not by much.

Morris: different class tonight, no one was going to catch him other than Kurtz beating him.

Todd: glad he was riding for us and not against us. Hope he keeps that up for the season although should have been beaten in heat 8.

Brady: great first meeting looks a real find. Looks quick And a real trier battling for every point and unlucky to be excluded when imo was a first bend tussle.

Pontus: surprised by him, could be a good second string but will find it harder against better opposition.

Allen: went about his job as expected from him. Will get better as matches come.

Wright: felt for him tonight. Can't say about the exclusion as I never saw it but massive bike trouble and missed out on a third a maybe a win in heat 2.

Starke: brilliant from the young lad, deserved his 8 point haul, got better after heat two.

Plymouth look weak in the 5&6 position and will look better if Davies comes over.

Rebels were good but time will tell as there are way better teams out there.

Edited by rebelwonderkid