British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Swindon V Coventry 3/4/14

Remember how Coventry fans accused Poole of being cheats because they wanted to ride heat 10 at Belle Vue so that they would get a result?

Just sayin'......

I very much doubt it was Coventry who called for the track inspection after heat 9, a heat before a result could be called. A tactic which I suspect backfired spectacularly.

Just sayin'......

• Like 4

It's far to early in the season to come to decide much about this Swindon team. It's worth noting though, that 5, of our 6 remaining riders, all managed to win a heat. The best is yet to come! Well done Coventry, you deserved the win.

• Like 4

It's far to early in the season to come to decide much about this Swindon team. It's worth noting though, that 5, of our 6 remaining riders, all managed to win a heat. The best is yet to come! Well done Coventry, you deserved the win.

Great sportsmanship

I think Swindon will be strong at home during the season esp when Batchelor is back.

As Coventry fans we will just be thankful if we manage to get a home meeting lol. X

• Like 2

The visiting #1 has always had to wait until Heat 10 for his third ride.

Heat 11

A few quotes from Twitter:

Nicolai Klindt

making all the tracks have air fence and trying to make the sport more safe, but running half a meeting while it was pouring it down?

Richard Ainslie

Complete farse at Swindon tonight forced to race a race in the pouring rain to get a result!! How to lose fans after the first meeting!

Stephen King

Totally agree, big disappointment! Exactly what we thought. You wouldn't come again if it was your first meeting!

If Klindt hadn't of been a bottler and the result was the other way round you wouldn't of heard any of that. Everyone would be jumping for joy just like the Coventry fans and riders. Not hearing them complaining. All to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Swindon lost, Coventry won end of

• Like 3

Think you owe someone an apology !

Yes I agree entirely unlike some on here who are never wrong I was wrong and Woodward did really well and almost certainly better than chris would have done. I hold my hands up and well done to whoever selected him. Great win too if I'm honest I never thought we'd win either.

• Like 1

Remember how Coventry fans accused Poole of being cheats because they wanted to ride heat 10 at Belle Vue so that they would get a result?

Just sayin'......

It wasn't just Coventry fans - I seem to remember it was supporters of all teams - just sayin'.......

• Like 2

So you pay for 15 heats and get 10 and you don't feel short changed?? :rolleyes:

I am with you steveO on this one! How can a match be decided with 5 heats to go when the team behind has every opportunity to to win or at least get a point from the match!

As for the visability, in my opinion it should have been called off after heat 8! as it was dificult to make out the riders from 50 metres! so god knows how the referee could make any proper decissions! yet another nail in the coffin for British Speedway! And yes I am very disapointed that my wife and I threw away £36 last night !

• Like 2

Imagine if this one of the last meetings of the regular season and Coventry needed the 4 points to qualify for the playoffs. Swindon didn't want to continue but the Coventry riders came out to the tapes for heat 10. The ref said to continue and Coventry got the required gap for 4 points. Then suddenly Coventry said the conditions were not safe and that the meeting should be abandoned.

Ring any bells?

Lets have 60m pages of bile then!

Oh hang on it's not Poole!

• Like 1

Imagine if this one of the last meetings of the regular season and Coventry needed the 4 points to qualify for the playoffs. Swindon didn't want to continue but the Coventry riders came out to the tapes for heat 10. The ref said to continue and Coventry got the required gap for 4 points. Then suddenly Coventry said the conditions were not safe and that the meeting should be abandoned.

Ring any bells?

And the defence - it wasn't the track it was visibility :rolleyes:

As I previously said the better team won in the conditions but that wasn't my point

If Klindt hadn't of been a bottler and the result was the other way round you wouldn't of heard any of that. Everyone would be jumping for joy just like the Coventry fans and riders. Not hearing them complaining. All to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Swindon lost, Coventry won end of

The word is HAVE, not OF

"hadn't have been"

"wouldn't have heard"

Doh!

• Like 2

The word is HAVE, not OF

"hadn't have been"

"wouldn't have heard"

Doh!

and your point is Mr spelling and grammar detective?

Just sayin'......

Only the losing team can ask for a track inspection #JustSaying

Ring any bells?

The difference is the viability was getting worse while at Belle Vue the conditions was the same from heat 1 to heat 10.

• Like 1

and your point is Mr spelling and grammar detective?

Just trying to help maintain the remnants of the Queen's English - and perhaps assist anyone who may have a written examination or job application ahead of them, in the hope that it helps them to avoid a pitfall in misusing the word!

Does it matter?

Of course it does!

Unfortunately you are not alone in making this particular error - it would be nice to see it eradicated!

Have a good day!

• Like 7