British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Swindon V Coventry 3/4/14

i am really looking forward to tomorrow night,it should be a close encounter i think it could be a narrow away win.The Bees fans must be hopeful of a decent season a solid 1_7 line up but Hansen is the key for me he will decide what sort of season they have.I am looking forward to seing young Serjeant ride he has made huge strides in his career.The Bees have a strong reserve pairing, this could be the difference if Garrity is fit he will have a good season he has impressed me was excellent in last years British Final.

Looking by the forecast the rain will win. Will the Bees ever get a match?

Looking by the forecast the rain will win. Will the Bees ever get a match?

Another pessimistic post about the forecast. Where is all of this rain predicted? I've looked at 3 separate forecasts all showing approx. 1mm of rain due between 10am-10pm tomorrow evening. Hardly an opening of the heavens.

Have early call offs given reason for so much negativity on forecasts, or has the negativity given reason for early call offs?!

This could be a very close call, and could well be won at reserve. Thrills will abound from Fish who has started the season in his usual 'take no prisoners' style. Robins by 4 according to my crystal ball.. :wink:

• Like 1

Another pessimistic post about the forecast. Where is all of this rain predicted? I've looked at 3 separate forecasts all showing approx. 1mm of rain due between 10am-10pm tomorrow evening. Hardly an opening of the heavens.

Have early call offs given reason for so much negativity on forecasts, or has the negativity given reason for early call offs?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2636389?day=1

Heavy rain forecast between 3pm-5pm with light rain in the evening.

Not at all, if you bother to look at the Met Office, you'll see the forecast is rather dreadful.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/swindon-swindon#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1396479600

Have looked at the forecasts I use, one says as above, heavy rain 3 - 5 pm, then light rain from 6. The other says no rain after 8 in the morning. Need to check the forecasts tonight and in the morning.

Not at all, if you bother to look at the Met Office, you'll see the forecast is rather dreadful.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/swindon-swindon#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1396479600

Looks like Met Office & BBC have similar, with other forecasts suggesting nothing of the sort! Who knows! Hopefully we'll all wake up tomorrow to bright sunshine staying in for the day - or at least a forecast akin to the one on the link posted earlier by myself which is usually fairly reliable.

• Like 1

Cirencester Chicken Cam. I must go back when it's light to see what they are up to. :lol:

Well, that's really boring. The Chickens must have gone to bed already as I haven't seen a single one yet.

• Like 1

Looks like Met Office & BBC have similar, with other forecasts suggesting nothing of the sort! Who knows! Hopefully we'll all wake up tomorrow to bright sunshine staying in for the day - or at least a forecast akin to the one on the link posted earlier by myself which is usually fairly reliable.

The BBC forecast has now changed, got light rain early afternoon but on the whole a dry day.

• Like 3

The BBC forecast has now changed, got light rain early afternoon but on the whole a dry day.

The BBC forecast now matches the one from abroad.

Well, that's really boring. The Chickens must have gone to bed already as I haven't seen a single one yet.

Having seen the cam I popped out there and now having chicken for tea.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

did you know you can forecast the weather tomorrow?

simply assume that tomorrow will be the same as today, you have a 45% chance of being correct.

using all that technology only increases this to 55%!

look out the window tomorrow at 07:30 if it looks ok, chances are it will be on

• Like 1

Massive surprise, but had my head in the sand - that the only rider worthy of replacing chris Harris is Cameron Woodward.

How the mighty have fallen OR have I missed the rise to stardom of the Aussie !

Massive surprise, but had my head in the sand - that the only rider worthy of replacing chris Harris is Cameron Woodward.

How the mighty have fallen OR have I missed the rise to stardom of the Aussie !

Bit of both. Harris' average is only 6.8, Woodward is probably close to 6.5 these days.