British Speedway Forum
spin king

Sheffield V Newcastle Thursday 3rd April 2014

Has the weather been kind ??

Been misty, but dry all day as has the rest of the midlands I believe. BBC weather at 1.45 pm stated possibility of showers later this evening, but you never really know, been like this last two days! I'll be going down there for 7.30pm whatever. Edited by Steve55

Will be leaving soon as some clever fool has decided to put roadworks for 18 mile of my journey with a 50mph restriction!! Do they not know its speedway season ..

• Like 1

chewy is a newcastle fan ain't he??

I am. I just prefer tracks where the rider is key rather than the engine tuner.

Good effort from the Diamonds. Just a fall away from would have been an important point. Fancy us to hammer Sheffield at home so we'll need a win at either Scunny or Redcar to have a chance of going through. Not impossible.

• Like 1

Well done to all the riders for giving it a go.Track favoured the gaters so helped Newcastle more than us.Glad to see simon and taylor in the points.Josh and Schrammy deserved more points for their efforts.Rosen was impressive.Steady was class.Decent meeting considering the track conditions.

Well done to all the riders for giving it a go.Track favoured the gaters so helped Newcastle more than us.Glad to see simon and taylor in the points.Josh and Schrammy deserved more points for their efforts.Rosen was impressive.Steady was class.Decent meeting considering the track conditions.

Yep that's a good review of the meeting. I was a bit disappointed with the size of the crowd but hopefully the weather forecast caused a few to stay at home.

Air fence delays look like becoming a pain this season though....

• Like 1

We won!!!!!! That makes a refreshing change!!

Good meeting considering the conditions, if that is a sign of things to come we should be in for a treat this season.

Steady was Steady. Save for his gate 4 outing he was untouchable.

Nielsen was good value, got filled in in his first ride, but then had 2 good rides including taking Henry from behind.

Lanham was solid

Poole got rider of the night for a reason. Was concerned after the first 2 meetings that he had lost his edge, tonight showed that he could well be a shrewd signing.

Roynan didn't look as quick as on Monday night, but am sure it was set up and that it will soon be sorted.

Compton looked brilliant for his first couple of rides and then came last in his final ride which I has him nailed on to win.

Josh was just unlucky, far far better than his score suggested. Think he is going to hold his own.

Enjoyed a meeting for once :D

Just one compliant ... can we have bigger printing in the programme please ?

• Like 4

Think yourself lucky you got a programme. I arrived just before 7.30pm to be told that all the programmes had gone and was given an A3 size photocopy of a score sheet! The poor sod giving those out said they hadn't expected such a big crowd - load of bo11ocks it wasn't a big crowd.

So much for a free programme - perhaps it would have been fairer to those that attended Monday to swap their rain off ticket for a free programme and others could have paid for theirs!

Enjoyed a meeting for once :D

Must remember to take me readers with me next week. :D

• Like 1

For the Diamonds fans that didn't go...

Your team looks pretty good and will be there or thereabouts this season.

Lindgren was hit and miss - looked good when he made the gate but did nothing from the back

Henry was excellent in heat 1 but was a bit disappointing thereafter

Robson was, as ever, excellent. Great to watch and always in the thick of it

Kerr didn't do anything then looked good when he made the gate in heat 14

Rosen - my first look at him and I have to say I was impressed. Let Simon Nielsen through in heat 6 and was last in heat 15 off graveyard gate 4 but was otherwise excellent

Schramm - a typical never say die display

Rose - looked OK. well on the pace

The crowd was disappointing but I am sure the weather put off a lot of people. The programme is poor and they had run out before the start.

Other than than, full marks to the riders for giving it a go and giving us a decent meeting and the team spirit looked great. A massive improvement on last year's miserable spiritless side.

Was watching on live updates and it seemed like a one to watch. The refs. on the forum to gating may have changed my mind. Seemed like an obvious to me, all the riders have a little black book as to away track setups, but these blowy-up things and the necessary track alterations to accommodate them may just have thrown a few of them out of the window.

Firstly a great win. Secondly I thought the presentation was much better than it's been for years and Shaun Leigh has really upped his game. Nice to see they've taken on board some of the feedback we've given.

The programme still isn't where it needs to be but it's improving and if they take on board as much feedback as they have on everything else it will get there soon. As for running out of programmes, not good but I heard they had printed far more than they did on Monday, when some were left over. Just shows what happens when stuff is free!

Edited by Stan Duppcomic