British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dietbowers

Somerset V Newcastle 04/04/14

Just wonder if you'l be saying the same thing come October... Trophies don't get given out in March April May nor June...

Can't see the Rebels defending their title, they look decent but not as strong as last year and I think there are three maybe four better sides around.

Can't see the Rebels defending their title, they look decent but not as strong as last year and I think there are three maybe four better sides around.

I think we are capable of making the play offs this time round, Worky,Ippo and P/Boro are the stand out teams for me, with Newcastle and Berwick as spoilers.

I think we are capable of making the play offs this time round, Worky,Ippo and P/Boro are the stand out teams for me, with Newcastle and Berwick as spoilers.

The Waspels can`t be lucky all the time CB.... :wink::lol:

Great to see Paul Starke and Brady interacting with the fans, as do many clubs, a few wheelies and fist pumps don't go amiss...more please.

The Waspels can`t be lucky all the time CB.... :wink::lol:

Another year, but the same record DB,I thought you said it was a good match last night,most unlike you lol.

Another year, but the same record DB,I thought you said it was a good match last night,most unlike you lol.

You should of seen old DB last night, he was seen cheering on Paul Starke who went on to complete a stunning double outside pass... Only to remember himself and where he was, and quickly backtracked to say it was nothing more than "lucky" ;-)

Why don't you show your glum face and actually come and speak to me. You might just get a suprise, in stead of acting the clown. Garry got it right last year, and he will do it again...

Why are you on about Garry May again? We all already know what a good team manager he is, and now a proven promoter. No one has debated that as his record simply speaks for itself.

Given the winter we had, I think we would just be chuffed as nuts to make the play offs. Edited by Najjer

I thought the Rebels looked a solid team last night. Even with Ollie Allen suffering bike gremlins and Nick Morris breaking the tapes, it was still a thumping win against a rusty looking Newcastle outfit.

Brady Kurtz showed what he can do from the tapes but also coming from behind. Some scintillating courageous passes. What a draw he will be for the crowds this year.

Interesting to see a very 'pumped up' James Wright taking to the track after the meeting.

You should of seen old DB last night, he was seen cheering on Paul Starke who went on to complete a stunning double outside pass... Only to remember himself and where he was, and quickly backtracked to say it was nothing more than "lucky" ;-)

Why are you on about Garry May again? We all already know what a good team manager he is, and now a proven promoter. No one has debated that as his record simply speaks for itself.

Given the winter we had, I think we would just be chuffed as nuts to make the play offs.

Seem to remember telling you that his throttle stuck open. :lol:

And less of the "old" as well...I would`ve settled for mature. :P

Edited by Dietbowers
  • Like 1

Given the winter we had, I think we would just be chuffed as nuts to make the play offs.

Because your one of the so called fans who seem to has his head up his wotnot when things don't quite go to plan, And by the way, ive been attending Somerset speedway since 2000, in the conference days of phelps Phillips Hollaway and a youngish Bish, and Toogood, when your stadium was just a hut for turnstyles REFs box where it is now and grass banking all the way round bar where the tractor bay is now, no clubhouse no step terracing one set of floodlight lamps not two, which was quite dull, just bare bones, pits are almost the same. i can't remember who they were against, but i was right in that area, and thought id have a look. I thought they'd fall out the gate and half wouldn't reach turn one, how wrong i was, that night i saw some of the best racing id seen for years, right up to and including heat 15, And even today, that place still has massive potential, but it would take a fair bit of money. Your track is a metre bigger that ours 300 mtres and slightly wider but yours is more on the turn. you have one of the best track curators in the country in Ez, if he's left to his devices you have 4 blokes who vertually live up their through the winter painting cutting kickboards replacing all the kickboards and painting them, replacing netting, checking and replacing posts and chicken wire all for the love of Somerset speedway, just so you can go when the season starts and have a dam good moan.Which if you pay your admission fee you are entitled to do, to a certain extent. Poole Speedway to me will always come first and formost, but i like the club, you have a girl in Debbie Hancock who is commited to the club, you have a team manager/ promoter who is learning all the time, and craves success you have Bill and his good lady who enjoy their speedway, and didn't even know what speedway was untill Glyn Taylor laid the track, by fault or design its a dam good race track, you have several other staff including rakers who give their time and services free of charge to the club, they are called VOLUNTEERS if you didn't know... You may have had your boatrace in the programme, but it certainly doesn't give you the right to have a pop at fans, speedway needs all the fans it can get... and you will, make the play off's. Is there anything else you'd like to know....

Edited by Starman2006

Because your one of the so called fans who seem to has his head up his wotnot when things don't quite go to plan, And by the way, ive been attending Somerset speedway since 2000, in the conference days of phelps Phillips Hollaway and a youngish Bish, and Toogood, when your stadium was just a hut for turnstyles REFs box where it is now and grass banking all the way round bar where the tractor bay is now, no clubhouse no step terracing one set of floodlight lamps not two, which was quite dull, just bare bones, pits are almost the same. i can't remember who they were against, but i was right in that area, and thought id have a look. I thought they'd fall out the gate and half wouldn't reach turn one, how wrong i was, that night i saw some of the best racing id seen for years, right up to and including heat 15, And even today, that place still has massive potential, but it would take a fair bit of money. Your track is a metre bigger that ours 300 mtres and slightly wider but yours is more on the turn. you have one of the best track curators in the country in Ez, if he's left to his devices you have 4 blokes who vertually live up their through the winter painting cutting kickboards replacing all the kickboards and painting them, replacing netting, checking and replacing posts and chicken wire all for the love of Somerset speedway, just so you can go when the season starts and have a dam good moan.Which if you pay your admission fee you are entitled to do, to a certain extent. Poole Speedway to me will always come first and formost, but i like the club, you have a girl in Debbie Hancock who is commited to the club, you have a team manager/ promoter who is learning all the time, and craves success you have Bill and his good lady who enjoy their speedway, and didn't even know what speedway was untill Glyn Taylor laid the track, by fault or design its a dam good race track, you have several other staff including rakers who give their time and services free of charge to the club, they are called VOLUNTEERS if you didn't know... You may have had your boatrace in the programme, but it certainly doesn't give you the right to have a pop at fans, speedway needs all the fans it can get... and you will, make the play off's. Is there anything else you'd like to know....

Whose moaning?

Wow! Has somebody upset him?

Whose moaning?

You made a statment that i know bugger all about the history of your club, so i just thought id enlighten you. You spend half you time moaning at me. Now perhaps you will see im for your club.

I get up there as often as i can and enjoy my visits, so theres really no need to keep having a pop at me. I have my views, and im like any fan, entitled to them..

• Like 1

You made a statment that i know bugger all about the history of your club, so i just thought id enlighten you. You spend half you time moaning at me. Now perhaps you will see im for your club.

I get up there as often as i can and enjoy my visits, so theres really no need to keep having a pop at me. I have my views, and im like any fan, entitled to them..

Absolutely you are entitled to them, like anyone else - but always be prepared if someone disagrees with them, for them to say so.

Absolutely you are entitled to them, like anyone else - but always be prepared if someone disagrees with them, for them to say so.

Agreed.... :lol:

Don`t know wether you Waspels fans noticed last night,but most of your sponsors were according to the announcers "just down the road"....or in at least one case "just over the roundabout"...made us chuckle a bit.... :P

Im quite happy for others to have a different view to mine, thats no problem and that is what debate is all about. If we all had the same view life would be very boring.