British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Birmingham V Coventry 9/4/14

IMO no one let the Bees down tonight .There are as usual the moaners on Chris ,s back but I would like to see you get on a Speedway bike and score 12 pts after flying and travelling half way round the world and back again in less than a week.Jason Garrity was suffering with severe bruising after crashing at the weekend but this team place is what him ,and riders like him from the lower leagues have been striving for,I concede he probably should have not ridden but if he says he wants to ride you got to give him the chance .As other people are saying probably most fans would be very pleased with 5 pts from two matches when they were both away .If we are still riding poorly ,like some have said tonight ,after 3 or 4 matches at home and another couple away I will bow to their serious knowledge about the Bees until then (this comment includes quite a few bees fans as well) stop bloody moaning.So far in two matches ,both as I said away from home, we have only run 6 last places (exc Garrity and Richings injuries ) over 25 races and we are only into the first part of the season.

Edited by FTM
  • Like 2

IMO no one let the Bees down tonight .There are as usual the moaners on Chris ,s back but I would like to see you get on a Speedway bike and score 12 pts after flying and travelling half way round the world and back again in less than a week..

NKI got 15pts at Kings Lynn.

NKI got 15pts at Kings Lynn.

You can't compare a 9-10 point man at home to a 7 point man away. If Bomber scores 8 on Friday he achieves his average, I really don't know what people expect from a rider who averages just under 7. This team is going places yet we still have people moaning. We have FIVE points from 2 away meetings, its a good start!

• Like 3

Just out of interest can you put riders in heat 15 AFTER the coin toss?I know people are slagging of Harris but surely hes a better bet off gate 4 in heat 15.Howarth might have done something off gate 1 if coventry had the inside gates,but you know Harris can pull off a stunning ride in amongst all the duff ones.

There is no coin toss before heat 15- it`s the coin toss before heat 1-the winners can choose gate positions in heat 1 or 15. if Coventry won the toss and chose heat 1 then they should be able to nominate the riders after Birmingham have chosen their heat 15 gates position.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

I was at the meeting and Birmingham won the match because they simply wanted it more! We had more desire and hunger and one or two critics to silence ! Howarth was the only one that impressed me for the Bees ! Up the Brummies !

Read so many posts from Cov fans referring to the performance of Garrity ? Pretty feeble that guys ! Sarjeant scoring 7 paid 8 more than made up for that ! I'd be more concerned about GP stars not being able to a win a race (even with inside track knowledge) :D I'm not gloating because we won, but if you're all pinning your hopes on a reserve rider to make your season a success, then I think you'll be disappointed ! Hansen showed a lot of promise before nearly being wiped out by his own rider (Fisher) ! And to suggest that Coventry's play off hopes have been dented is absolutely ludicrous ! Cove will be right up there come the end of the season ! I'm going to enjoy today before tomorrows mauling at Lakeside! ( we have 4 riders missing...why on earth would Birmingham's management agree to this fixture ?.....that's another story for another thread !)

Sqora earning himself some more fans I hope! We will miss him this season as a 3rd heatleader. Damn averages!

Edited by superguest

Those saying Garrity not scoring is a feeble excuse must have not seen the 8pt he scored against Swindon. Him being injured made all the difference, was like riding with 1 reserve.

However still only lost by 2pts so feel very confident about our next visit to Perry Barr

From a neutral point of view - with a fit Garrity, Coventry would definitely have won IMO. You can't keep making excuses for Harris though, people say he is a bargain on that average but it seems to me he will just be riding to that average or below this season bar a few meetings. Just my opinion again - I would love to see Bomber get back to his very best.

Brummies, maybe you aren't as bad as everyone expects. Much improved performance from King but Kennett is a worry with his inconsistency. Skornicki is really surprising me and I hope he has a Smolinski year!! I don't know what the crowd was like last night but it is a shame if supporters are staying away based on their teams low expectations - your team needs you!!!!

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 2

SO Harris was jet lagged? Oh dear I've heard the lamest excuse ever for a captain and a heat leader

How often you made that journey then? To do it once can wipe you out for up to a week, to do it twice in just over a week, including a poor performance in between, is going to be very hard going..... Yes others have scored well on their return, but each person reacts differently and recovers at different speeds

• Like 6

From a neutral point of view - with a fit Garrity, Coventry would definitely have won IMO. You can't keep making excuses for Harris though, people say he is a bargain on that average but it seems to me he will just be riding to that average or below this season bar a few meetings. Just my opinion again - I would love to see Bomber get back to his very best.

Brummies, maybe you aren't as bad as everyone expects. Much improved performance from King but Kennett is a worry with his inconsistency. Skornicki is really surprising me and I hope he has a Smolinski year!! I don't know what the crowd was like last night but it is a shame if supporters are staying away based on their teams low expectations - your team needs you!!!!

If Harris gets his average with this format he has done his job, no free points from a reserve for him or any other heatleader anymore.

I was at the meeting and Birmingham won the match because they simply wanted it more! We had more desire and hunger and one or two critics to silence ! Howarth was the only one that impressed me for the Bees ! Up the Brummies !

Read so many posts from Cov fans referring to the performance of Garrity ? Pretty feeble that guys ! Sarjeant scoring 7 paid 8 more than made up for that ! I'd be more concerned about GP stars not being able to a win a race (even with inside track knowledge) :D I'm not gloating because we won, but if you're all pinning your hopes on a reserve rider to make your season a success, then I think you'll be disappointed ! Hansen showed a lot of promise before nearly being wiped out by his own rider (Fisher) ! And to suggest that Coventry's play off hopes have been dented is absolutely ludicrous ! Cove will be right up there come the end of the season ! I'm going to enjoy today before tomorrows mauling at Lakeside! ( we have 4 riders missing...why on earth would Birmingham's management agree to this fixture ?.....that's another story for another thread !)

Garrity at 100% wouldve scored 7 at the very least, which wouldve been meeting won. Id actually say we wanted it more after coming back after a poor start, all this shows how committed the riders are to the Bees this season so far.

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

But he didnt score 7 and Birmingham won :D bad luck pal ! Now get ready for a pasting by Kings Lynn on Friday :D Up the Brummies!

But he didnt score 7 and Birmingham won :D bad luck pal ! Now get ready for a pasting by Kings Lynn on Friday :D Up the Brummies!

Erm yeah ok. What a strange and childish post.

Harris beat 5 riders. Lost to 3 riders. Thats a reasonable job. Especially for a 6.5 rider. Who cares if he's got a bargain average or not. Jet lagged or not. He's more or less done his job. Yes he can do better but the expectation should be to score about what he did.

People need to stop looking at what riders scores this season, you need to look at the riders they have beat/lost to due to the format being so lopsided. Those saying Garritys score of 0 didn't let Coventry down are mad.2 point from a rider of Garritys standard should be a given. I bet Garrity is upset scoring R,FX,FX and would laugh at the suggestion its ok for him to score 0.

Guest GiveusaB

Erm yeah ok. What a strange and childish post.

Apologies......reading back it does sound childish...agreed ! Guess I'm getting carried away and making the most of a Birmingham win as I know there wont be many this season! :t:

Apologies......reading back it does sound childish...agreed ! Guess I'm getting carried away and making the most of a Birmingham win as I know there wont be many this season! :t:

I diagree. You'll be up and down but you'll do OK at home