British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

April 26: European Fim Speedway Grand Prix (bydgoszcz, Poland)

Probably for most.Not for me.I am a Wimbledon fan,so biased i admit.I am also not a fan of Hampel.For me Eddies record in the Bl speaks for itself.Unlike Hampel or Plech he didn't get to ride regularly against the worlds best at an early stage,.He was almost 30 when he came over to Wimbledon.Who knows what he could have achieved if he was allowed the freedom of Hampel?Which leads to an even bigger question really that has nothing to do with this thread i guess......but what could Plechanov have achieved if he rode regularly in the BL?

Think you also have to take into account that over the past few years a large percentage of the GP series is run in Poland.Plech or Jancarz etc didn't have such a luxury.I'd say if this system was running in their day they both would have fared better whereas if Hampel was riding under the old system he might not have had so much success.Just opinion though

Edited by iris123