British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry 14/4/14 Ela Sky Meeting.

Enjoyed that, fair bit of good action. Coventry much better than I expected, the performances of Hansen & Holder certainly swung the meeting to a much closer scoreline than expected. Couple of great races between the two Kyles.

• Like 1

This draft decision is really good as I imagine Lee Smart or whoever will replace him will come on leaps & bounds getting 3 rides every meeting.

Why if they were going to do it would they not have said both reserves have to have 4 rides.

Will be good to see Kyle following up this form with high scores in the Premier League but I bet he doesn't & that's where this draft falls on it's backside.

I have said he should never have been in the draft in the first place & tonight just proves it.

There are lots of examples of draft riders getting double figures - they don't always have to beat anyone except the other reserves to do that - it's the nature of the race formula.

IF (and a very big if) the draft is continued, that would in turn get EL teams more interested in bringing through young Brits.

I like Janowski, did when he was at Lynn too and felt he got some unwarranted stick, some people forgot how young he was, majestic tonight and so is his English compared to most of the other Poles who can't be arsed to learn it when over here.

Newman also done very well.

"And that's Magic"

At least one heat leader turned up!!! Well done Captain Janowski.

Great performance from the Coventry team, still think that Harris is going to undermine all of our performances though, a bit more effort from him, and we would have come away with a point tonight, congrats to Poole though, good meeting.

• Like 3

Magic is good but people need to remember that Dudek and Jepsen Jensen are both much better riders than him.

Are you Hougaard Racing Fans big or little sister? ;)

• Like 1

I like Janowski, did when he was at Lynn too and felt he got some unwarranted stick, some people forgot how young he was, majestic tonight and so is his English compared to most of the other Poles who can't be arsed to learn it when over here.

Newman also done very well.

When he was good for us he was very very good, but when he couldn't be arsed he was dreadful. That was his last year in the U21s, I think Poole have and are reaping the rewards of him being too old for that although there is still room for improvement in his away form. Looked top drawer tonight.

Great performance from the Coventry team, still think that Harris is going to undermine all of our performances though, a bit more effort from him, and we would have come away with a point tonight, congrats to Poole though, good meeting.

Andersen staying well away from the mental outside line - obviously hoping for some Smolinski-style inspiraton. Looks like he's not going to be taking too many risks, unless he's at the first ebnd first and can dictate the first couple of bends - and he certainly nobbled any chance Hansen had in the last heat.

Fully prepared for all the negativity to start yet again. I want to remind you all we were never going to win tonight and for the fact we only lost 49-41 is a great effort considering Harris' diabolical performance again. Who is he going to blame tonight?

Still the alarm bells are very far away and this meeting has shown that we are in for a decent year. Nobody expects us to win the league, Poole will piss it with Ward back and Newman at reserve all year.

Two tough meetings over and two decent fights. Friday against Leicester will see us return to winning ways. The season has just started.

Well done boys I'm proud of you.

• Like 1

Not seen the meeting as I'm at work but that's a poor score for Bomber at a track he usually does well at. It seems we were unlucky not to get a point.

Cracking meeting, even though we lost. Fair play to Poole, but Bees did deserve a point for entertainment value alone. When the racing is this good, I can almost accept defeat graciously ;) Hansen was a revelation, Fisher and Howarth well in the mix, great riding from Newman.

Speedway is getting its mojo back.

• Like 3

Hans is riding with an injured knee and still winning races, bomber is fit and has now had 4 meetings including the GP, yet has still to register a single heat win, one final bit of tinkering with the line up is necessary in my opinion,

• Like 1

Fully prepared for all the negativity to start yet again. I want to remind you all we were never going to win tonight and for the fact we only lost 49-41 is a great effort considering Harris' diabolical performance again. Who is he going to blame tonight?

Still the alarm bells are very far away and this meeting has shown that we are in for a decent year. Nobody expects us to win the league, Poole will piss it with Ward back and Newman at reserve all year.

Two tough meetings over and two decent fights. Friday against Leicester will see us return to winning ways. The season has just started.

Well done boys I'm proud of you.

Adam what will the Bomber fans come up with this time good meeting from the rest of the team a bit more from Harris and we could have won

Hans is riding with an injured knee and still winning races, bomber is fit and has now had 4 meetings including the GP, yet has still to register a single heat win, one final bit of tinkering with the line up is necessary in my opinion,

To early for that but he can't put in results like that. Read a stat tonight, the away number 5s are averging 5.5 just shows how tough that position is.