British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Kings Lynn Stars 11/04/2014

Very pleasing result with excellent returns from all bar Bjerre and Rose......young Lewis will find the going tough away from home now and again of course and while we need more from Kenneth he has beaten the home number one twice tonight so not a disastrous return. Superb from the other two heat leaders and of course Niklas and Lewi Kerr, match winning performances from those two.

Think catching the Bees in their first home meeting has helped this evening, and great to see Lambert picking up his first win and paid win in the EL.

Shocking display from Andersen.

A much expected result though so no alarm bells are ringing yet. Good to see Garrity score some points which should boost his confidence.

What was the track like? According to the updates bomber said it was crap?

A much expected result though so no alarm bells are ringing yet. Good to see Garrity score some points which should boost his confidence.

Hoping it was just cos Andersen was injured as looked off the pace. Good signs from rest of the team and good to see them all helping each other.

The riders know best when it comes to the track. It did look very dusty but was plenty of over taking

Track looked ok from where I stood Iversen pi**ed past Bomber in one race and there was a bit of over taking

Not a bad meeting, bit dusty but to risky to water it i think. Some really good racing and for the bees I think there is no need for any panic reactions,

Hans really isn't fit ! Must be cursed in bees colours, fisher was really good and has fast bikes but how he stayed on in heat 12 I never know. Hansen was also entertaining and he earnt his points. Vissing was no Howarth but yet again we suffer. To slick for Harris to do much but he wasn't far off the pace and it was a typical performance, can't gate but track not to his strength so spends 4 laps on people's exhaust. Garrity was better than Wednesday but he looked really good or he was struggling at the back. Sarjeant had abit of a mare but did his best and was good to see whole team lending support to him and his bikes.

The new format will catch out a few riders, I like the new heat system and the bees will be just fine. Fit riders and our full team and we will be climbing the table.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

Not a bad meeting, bit dusty but to risky to water it i think. Some really good racing and for the bees I think there is no need for any panic reactions,

Hans really isn't fit ! Must be cursed in bees colours, fisher was really good and has fast bikes but how he stayed on in heat 12 I never know. Hansen was also entertaining and he earnt his points. Vissing was no Howarth but yet again we suffer. To slick for Harris to do much but he wasn't far off the pace and it was a typical performance, can't gate but track not to his strength so spends 4 laps on people's exhaust. Garrity was better than Wednesday but he looked really good or he was struggling at the back. Sarjeant had abit of a mare but did his best and was good to see whole team lending support to him and his bikes.

The new format will catch out a few riders, I like the new heat system and the bees will be just fine. Fit riders and our full team and we will be climbing the table.

If hans ain't fit, then he should be man enough to admit it, rather than looking like a twit as he did !

Come early September this loss may come back to haunt us.

We ain't looking for heroes, but just guys that can perform !

• Like 1

He also needs to earn a living? Sure riding a speedway bike with an injured knee isn't great fun either. He will come good I am sure.

Track was "terrible...like the M25" said Bomber over the PA. I'd be inclined to almost agree. It wasn't a track that gave the racers much chance to use an outside line to overtake and got very dusty and dry. Not a great night for Bees who promised so much in the opening races, only to let it slip. Finger can easily be pointed at Andersen, but I wonder whether he's suffering from the knee injury still. Certainly he got better as the night progressed on Wednesday at Perry Barr but didn't look at the races tonight apart from Heat 1. Otherwise, a more than decent night again for Fisher, a much improved Garrity showing and some good, aggressive riding from Hansen and a few points to show for it too. Harris was always in the mix but lacking speed, and Vissing flattered to deceive. Sarjeant was a mere shadow of the rider we saw at Swindon and Birmingham, missing the gate in all his rides, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.

A great night for Kings Lynn, who must be buzzing about their prospects this year. Especially impressed by Kerr, Porsing and Lambert. Imagine what they can do when Bjerre gets going.

• Like 1

He also needs to earn a living? Sure riding a speedway bike with an injured knee isn't great fun either. He will come good I am sure.

Hope he wasn't paid good money tonight !

But probably he was.

Hans posted 9 hours ago:

@Hansi_Andersen: This knee is absolutely killing me 😟👎 #NoTimeForInjuries

Maybe if hes not feeling any better Monday a guest would be better whilst he recovers

I don't think we'll be the only team to get beat by kings Lynn this season, Kerr looks very handy at reserve, Lambert looked decent and will only get better add the three heat leaders and they look playoffs nailed on

• Like 1

Track was indeed slick, but I think bomber blames everyone but himself at the moment. Bit concerned at the lack of race winners amongst the top 5, just 3 out of 13 races, excluding the reserve races. Has Hans ever been fit when racing for the Bees? Just 4 points from him, nowhere near good enough. The positives were the performances of Hansen and Fisher and to a lesser extent Garrity. Shame that tonight wiped out the good win at Swindon at a stroke, still onwards and upwards I suppose.

Kings Lynn fully deserved their win, must be great to support them at the moment, NKI, Rory, Porsing, Lambert and Kerr looked great, made our Top 2 look like Dads Army by comparison, bet they were not complaining about the track!

• Like 2

I think once Hans comes round to the fact that he's no longer a Robin :wink: he'll be ok but one things for sure he won't have many meetings where he scores 4 points.

• Like 1

Why is it that Harris never blames himself it's either the bikes or the track or something else there was overtaking tonight mostly from Kings Lynn Hes supposed to be a top rider adjust to the conditions as you find them

• Like 3

Track was indeed slick, but I think bomber blames everyone but himself at the moment. Bit concerned at the lack of race winners amongst the top 5, just 3 out of 13 races, excluding the reserve races. Has Hans ever been fit when racing for the Bees? Just 4 points from him, nowhere near good enough. The positives were the performances of Hansen and Fisher and to a lesser extent Garrity. Shame that tonight wiped out the good win at Swindon at a stroke, still onwards and upwards I suppose.

Kings Lynn fully deserved their win, must be great to support them at the moment, NKI, Rory, Porsing, Lambert and Kerr looked great, made our Top 2 look like Dads Army by comparison, bet they were not complaining about the track!

Sorry to bring up the old chestnut, but we have a new track curator and by all accounts the best thing since sliced bread. The weather forecast from the BBC ( but who are they ? ) was good and we still has the same rubbishe track that we always have.

So what is different with this track guy to the last one and the one before and the one before and the one before - blah, blah,blah !

• Like 2