British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Kings Lynn Stars 11/04/2014

Gutted that we lost, especially as I thought the Bees weathered some tough heats on paper quite well around the mid-meeting stage, that 5-1 against Fisher was the killer. Credit to both teams though, a typically close, entertaining battle at Brandon between the 2 sides, King's Lynn are certainly showing the predictions to be right about them having a good season, you won't see a better squad with four 3 point averaged riders in it!

I've not felt as enthusiastic about a Bees race as Heat 9 for a long time. Feared a King's Lynn 4-2 in that one with Kerr looking good and Sarjeant understandably finding the going tough against probably the strongest reserve pair in the league. That was a great 4-2 reverse in the Bees favour, really cheered the boys after that one!

Fisher impressed me, shame about the one bad heat when he couldn't pass Porsing or Rose but he more than did his job tonight. Bomber wasn't bad but was disappointing to see Iversen cruise around him in Heat 13 (I think it was heat 13?). Whether you're the world number 3 or not, you'd have struggled to pass Bomber around Brandon in years gone by.

I fear a hammering for the Bees at Poole on Monday but still think we've got a decent team which will give plenty of entertainment this season, our time will come! Just hope Hans can overcome his injury if that was the reason for him struggling tonight, that was the difference between the 2 sides in the end.

Edited by JamieE

Despite my negativity of my earlier Bees posts, am highly impressed with flyin' Ryan - good luck to you guy, you look as though you really enjoying yourself and I for one enjoy seeing your impressive start to 2014.

Long may it last for Bees and Panthers.

Edited by markyb
  • Like 3

Sorry to bring up the old chestnut, but we have a new track curator and by all accounts the best thing since sliced bread. The weather forecast from the BBC ( but who are they ? ) was good and we still has the same rubbishe track that we always have.

So what is different with this track guy to the last one and the one before and the one before and the one before - blah, blah,blah !

Yes but Colin Pratt always used to say, the track is the same for all riders, the difference tonight is that Bomber could not gate and could not pass, seemingly due to the slickness of the track, so second and third places as a result, against lesser opposition reckon he will be ok.

Track was poor tonight, far too dusty and not enough grip on the outside.

If Hans' knee is no better by Monday then they need to sort out a guest, can't carry on like it is.

This new race format benefits teams with good heat headers...

• Like 1

I must have been at a different meeting.

Even though we lost near the end, I really enjoyed this meeting.

Both teams really rode well and gave it a good effort to keep it close with riders from each teams winning races.

Early days but I think it has been a promising start to the season for both teams. Get Hans fit, Howarth back and Bjerre firing and they will do well.

Don't think Coventry will face a harder team (except maybe Poole) at home this year.

Bring on Leicester at home next Friday :)

Agree with you. I really enjoyed this meeting even though Bees lost. The track looked very slick and dry but still produced some really good racing. Even watching the tractor go round was entertaining, seeing all the sparks - must have been those lorry loads of stones that have been mixed in with the shale. :lol: Congratulations to King Lynn on their victory.

What was the track like? According to the updates bomber said it was crap?

Well he would say that wouldn't he?

Worrying signs for Coventry, the Birmingham match should have been used as a warning.

Great win from Lynn and the best part is that Bjerre didn't even ride properly.. Imagine a typical Bjerre performance and Lynn could well have hit 60.

What a div, at least your girlfriend had a good night out :D

• Like 1

In my opinion I feel that the bees are over rated. King's Lynn carried Bjerre all night long and still won by 6.

Whilst Bees carried Hans due to injury and missed Howarth

• Like 2

Don't disagree, just putting tonight's score into a bit of context. For such a top heavy team he needs to do better.

To be fair to Bjerre he blew his number one engine on parade tonight and I think that pi**ed him off totally.You should have seen his face as he walked back to the pits it was like thunder(what ever that looks like).So he will come good he normally has pretty good equipment.

For me the Stars rode well especially being 4 down with 4 races to go,it was quite a turn around.

The stars for Lynn were Kerr,Porsing and Lambert.We all expect our top 3 to score well,but these 3 chipped in with 23+2 tonight not a bad return.

We just need Rose to consolidate some of the positions he gets in and I think Lynn will have a decent year.

Oh by the way King's Lynn also seem to have a Roger Lambert riding for them according to Peter York,not once did he get his name right.Also Louis Carr had a ride in one race :shock:

• Like 2

Oh by the way King's Lynn also seem to have a Roger Lambert riding for them according to Peter York,not once did he get his name right.Also Louis Carr had a ride in one race :shock:

I must be getting immune and able to completely ignore everything because I never heard him say that. He is getting on a bit now though so you have to make allowances. :lol:

Bet you're glad you went in the end. :wink:

• Like 1

I heard that too, but without "Slominski" and "SzczePAZniak" racing over here this year, Yorkie needed a new gaff! He usually reads the heat lineups straight off the racecard, so how he repeatedly thought it was Roger I have no idea! Obviously King's Lynn must now be known as the Robert Warnes Transport sponsored Stars.

Edited by JamieE

A fit Hans and Howarth in the side and the Bees couldve won but Kings Lynn look good this year. Why are people having a pop at Bomber, he scored 8 from the number 5 position. Looks at his heats they are all tough, the number 5 position is a graveyard position for riders generally looking at scores at other meetings. He also wont face a tougher top 3 than KL and on the whole I can take positives out of the result overall

• Like 3

They say you can always find an excuse when looking for one. Tonight, I thought the Kings Lynn Stars were the better team on the night and deserved their win. Having seen some questionable tracks here in the past, this wasn't that bad. It was there to be ridden, and those who choose to race it received the credits. There were plenty of overtaking, I been here in the past when there was none. Niels had to work for all his wins as he never made the gate all night. His best one was heat 15, but even then he had to ride hard to see off Fisher and Bomber coming out the second corner.

Before the meeting, I said this was the right time to race Coventry. They having not ridden at home, Anderson under the weather, Howarth not riding, and Garrity riding with an injury. The signs were there to take advantage of an early win. and we were able to exploit that situation. Coventry will be better than they were tonight, but they had several riders who battled well. I didn't agree with Bomber mouthing off about the track, but he rode as Bomber does, and scored well. He will never be the rider he was, as shown when Niels dive past with relevant ease. But I feel now, Bomber is a one trick pony who likes nothing more then riding the boards and tonight that wasn't possible.

Very Impressed with the Stars, who battled for every point. Rose was in contention in all of his races before using a wrong line to finish at the back each time. Kenneth suffered a blown engine and struggled from then on, but both will come good. The rest was just brilliant. Niels showed why he's No.3 in the world, and Rory led from the front. It was enjoyable seeing him in the pits geeing riders up and motivating each when the meeting was nearing the end (Good choice making him Captain), But the young riders have to take the most credit. Lambert with his first Elite win, soundly beating a charging Fisher, Porsing making them gates when it mattered and Kerr was in the mix all night.

I've been here many times before and lost, but tonight, we came we saw and we conquered, and we went home very happy.

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 5

A fit Hans and Howarth in the side and the Bees couldve won but Kings Lynn look good this year. Why are people having a pop at Bomber, he scored 8 from the number 5 position. Looks at his heats they are all tough, the number 5 position is a graveyard position for riders generally looking at scores at other meetings. He also wont face a tougher top 3 than KL and on the whole I can take positives out of the result overall

Thats why he is rideing at 5 he is a top riders supposedly he should be beating these guys

Think Bombers going to struggle this season, think its highly likely he`ll drop from the heat leader position he`s no chance of beating the opposing heat leaders unless he can get out of the gate. Personally think the Bombing days are over, was a bit disgusted when he played the track conditions card and the sooner he realises the Cardiff days have gone the better. Otherwise couldn`t fault Fishers performance and apart from a last place Hansen showed up well too, the rest of them not including Hans will have to improve if we are to win any trophies.

• Like 7

Thats why he is rideing at 5 he is a top riders supposedly he should be beating these guys

He beat Bjerre (twice) and Schlein two of the three heatleaders and didnt lose to the 2nd strings, done his job.

• Like 3