British Speedway Forum
TMW

Leicester V Lakeside 12 Apr

It's no secret Gem, Johnny is out and proud of young Adam.. :t:

Okay that's fair enough then. :)

Okay that's fair enough then. :)

When it comes to outing I prpbably know more than anybody how that goes. That's how people know who I am 1 thing is I wouldn't say anything under a pseudnym that I wouldn't put my name to.

A paramedic isn't at a speedway meeting to know the rules. He/she is there to provide medical cover and is very highly trained to be able to do so.

The referee is there to know the rules. Whether he/she is highly trained is open to debate.

Neither is necessarily trained to ride a speedway bike.

What a tosser Davey Watts when he opened his mouth on Saturday , he was one of my favorite riders but now all the sour grapes he is the biggest tosser of all times get a life

Adam was ok to continue. It wasn't a question of just holding in for the point. He was there to race, it's his job. It's how he earns his living.

So who informed the referee to say Adam was not fit to race ?

Did he Not know this before he went onto the track?

If he was fit then why did nobody hold the meeting up to complain as it cost Adam & the team ?

It is not a matter that if the Medic had no knowladge of speedway. I am sure as a medic he would have had enough knowladge of injuries from the work he undertakes on a daily or weekly basis. This is just saying that we have no faith at all in the medics that come to our speedway stadiums week in week out. Looking after the riders when they are injured

I'm sure all riders have the utmost faith in Dr Peter Kenyon at Brandon - just ask Barry and Tony Briggs what they think of him, Adam Roynon too

PS He has a crayon drawing of Nigel Boocock on his surgery door!

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 1

Wow. Good job Adam was unfit to ride otherwise he'd have been really crap at the U21 final.

• Like 1

Brilliant performance by Adam tonight.

Everyone at Lakeside Speedway Club should be delighted with his progress to date. It can't be long before we have a GB squad rider in our ranks.

Well done Adam - you've done yourself, your family and the claret & blue truly proud mate! ;)

Let's just hope that the pen-pushers at the SCB in Rugby also take note of tonight's result; and recognise that both Adam, and his club, were basically shafted last Saturday night due to an overly-protective Medical Officer and, maybe more worryingly, a disgrace of a ref that is clearly not qualified to run a meeting, nor make important decisions.

• Like 1

When it comes to carrying a grudge you lot are mere begginers we've been carrying one for 28 years :-)

Will lakeside get there point back from the bspa as they clearly feel robbed by Adams exclusion ?

I'm sure all riders have the utmost faith in Dr Peter Kenyon at Brandon - just ask Barry and Tony Briggs what they think of him, Adam Roynon too

PS He has a crayon drawing of Nigel Boocock on his surgery door!

Dr Kenyan has been my family doctor since I was a baby. Very well respected. He's that in demand, you usually have to wait weeks or have an emergency to get an appointment with him

Bizarre twist to all this according to speedway Star. Neil Vatcher is quoted as saying that the medic declared Adam was unfit to race before he had even examined him.

As Ales would say, "Curiouser and curiouser " ;)

Bizarre twist to all this according to speedway Star. Neil Vatcher is quoted as saying that the medic declared Adam was unfit to race before he had even examined him.

Sometimes, You can judge a rider by the impact of their crash and how long they are down for.

Sounds to me like Vatcher had been sniffing too many fumes