British Speedway Forum
ellioth4

Newcastle V Sheffield (plc) - Sun 13/04 - 6:30pm

Lets say his average drops by 1 point so it is 6.00 or there abouts. We could replace Schramm with a rider worth up to about a 5.87 average :o

Even given his recent riding irregularities The Rocket {or is that squib} is I believe an Swedish Elite league rider whose average is more likely to go plus rather than minus seven hence my jocular previous post.

Is Nobody interested in the meeting? It will be the normal tigers hammering at Brough

. Told you

Ludvig Lindgren got a Paid Maximium tonight. I congratulate him on that - you can only beat what is put up against you. Sheffield were VERY poor opposition indeed. That was one of the most one sided Meetings I have ever attended.

I suppose what I am saying is that we can't really make a judgement on Lindgren, or anyone else tonight. Granted he slaughtered the opposition - but - so did almost everyone else. To PROVE himself to me he needs to do this consistently against GOOD Teams and GOOD Riders.

I STILL don't think he is a Number One - it is up to him to prove me and quite a few others wrong.

I hope he does.

We shall see...........................................

thought you might've congratulated him in CAPITALS,,, I nearly missed it, lol

Ludvig Lindgren got a Paid Maximium tonight. I congratulate him on that - you can only beat what is put up against you. Sheffield were VERY poor opposition indeed. That was one of the most one sided Meetings I have ever attended.

I suppose what I am saying is that we can't really make a judgement on Lindgren, or anyone else tonight. Granted he slaughtered the opposition - but - so did almost everyone else. To PROVE himself to me he needs to do this consistently against GOOD Teams and GOOD Riders.

I STILL don't think he is a Number One - it is up to him to prove me and quite a few others wrong.

I hope he does.

We shall see...........................................

I too White Knight, realise the mediocre at best Sheffield performance- hence the ref. to 3 or 4 more etc. You have always 'stuck by your guns' and I too think that we would see the best from Ludo at 3 or 4 in the team where his roguish style would be better suited than as the teams' spearhead.

like it,,, 'a lovable rouge' :-)

Easy win by the Diamonds last night against poorest opposition.

Expected more but disappointed there wasn't more fight from most of the Tigers. Simon has never liked Brough, Leigh should have performed better with his previous tracks being similar, very subdued Adam, Bates not on the pace last night, and sad to see the previous highly rated Taylor floundering during his comeback. Only Andre seemed up for it and produces his usual dashes and had 2 deserved wins.

Our number 1 was a number 1 :D , and all the team had good nights with 3 maximum riders, who all had to be on the pace to with into get into the lead, or maintain their leads. Chris down a bit, and Rose looking quite hairy coming out of the bends, presumably trying to read the new banners on the fence. Phew. Anton still not there, and it was noticeable that Sean Wilson, both Anton's and Ludde's tuner was in attendance. He is getting there, but has still not achieved his form, but I am sure it will come. On Thursday at Redcar he was lifting at the start, and lost ground as he put the front wheel down. Wonder if his gating is causing him probs, rather than his general riding.

Point made on this thread that you can't make judgements against a poor away team. Let's put it this way, if they hadn't performed well there would have been plenty on their backs for not performing. So when the do perform well, and would have even if the opposition had been better, I think it is just right that we recognise their return to form. I think the early blip is over, and we are back to a determined team who are up to speed again. Great to see it.

• Like 2

Lets say his average drops by 1 point so it is 6.00 or there abouts. We could replace Schramm with a rider worth up to about a 5.87 average :o

That would depend on the overall total, because other riders' averages will change a little bit too.

Point made on this thread that you can't make judgements against a poor away team. Let's put it this way, if they hadn't performed well there would have been plenty on their backs for not performing. So when the do perform well, and would have even if the opposition had been better, I think it is just right that we recognise their return to form. I think the early blip is over, and we are back to a determined team who are up to speed again. Great to see it.

I sincerely hope that you are right Dave. Believe me - nobody wants that more than me. :t::) :)

That would depend on the overall total, because other riders' averages will change a little bit too.

I'm aware of that but I can't see many of the other riders average changing too much, that's why I said about 5.87 because it was an approximate :t:

1. Ludvig-Rode extremely well last night and looked like a true number 1 getting a well deserved paid maximum.

2. Christian-Rode very solidly getting 10+1 and looks like he will be a good leader for some of the youngsters this year.

3. Stuart- Another paid maximum man taking his captains role very well once again helping Rose to get some points and smashing in huge, vital race wins.

4. Lewis K-Seemed to be coming back to his 2013 form after a slower start to the year, getting another paid maximum and looking very strong and quick.

5. Anton-Not terrible but I still don't think we have seen the best from him, I think he would improve away from the number 5 position.

6. Chris-Got his average not much more than you can ask, 110% effort but still I don't think he is the most reliable rider that we could have in our number 6 role.

7. Lewis R-Made me eat my own words in saying that the reserves aren't good enough, he looked very good last night and he might go far this season, is he another Lewis Kerr? I hope so.

Overall the whole team rode extremely well but I still have that problem at reserve where we don't seem to have enough fire power. Maybe wait until the May averages come out to see what can be done. :t:

Just to clarify Sean Wilson is Ludvigs tuner, but Anton's are done in Sweden.

It stated in the programme last night that Sean did both of their engines.

Easy win by the Diamonds last night against poorest opposition.

Expected more but disappointed there wasn't more fight from most of the Tigers. Simon has never liked Brough, Leigh should have performed better with his previous tracks being similar, very subdued Adam, Bates not on the pace last night, and sad to see the previous highly rated Taylor floundering during his comeback. Only Andre seemed up for it and produces his usual dashes and had 2 deserved wins.

Our number 1 was a number 1 :D , and all the team had good nights with 3 maximum riders, who all had to be on the pace to with into get into the lead, or maintain their leads. Chris down a bit, and Rose looking quite hairy coming out of the bends, presumably trying to read the new banners on the fence. Phew. Anton still not there, and it was noticeable that Sean Wilson, both Anton's and Ludde's tuner was in attendance. He is getting there, but has still not achieved his form, but I am sure it will come. On Thursday at Redcar he was lifting at the start, and lost ground as he put the front wheel down. Wonder if his gating is causing him probs, rather than his general riding.

Whatever happened to change your fortunes Tsunami, could you send some of it our way!

• Like 1

Michael Palm Toft for Schramm?

I seem go recall on one of the Scunny threads somebody saying that Belle Vue have their full quota of doubling up / down riders and so he can't ride on the PL - unless of course he leaves BV Edited by Cue Ball

I seem go recall on one of the Scunny threads somebody saying that Belle Vue have their full quota of doubling up / down riders and so he can't ride on the PL - unless of course he leaves BV

Ah yes forgot about that :oops:

As the mods seem to have cleared out the original thread.

Malcolm Hogg of SFR, offered a free personalised kevlar suit to the winner of the Supporters Club raffle, with tickets available for £5 a shot.

The draw for the winner was held after heat 15 last Sunday night, and the winner was David Mason, a long time Newcastle Speedway fan.

Congratulations David on your win, and thanks to all those who partook in the draw, which raised a sizeable sum for our new air fence.