British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Stockton V Castleford (cm) - 10th April 2014

As NOBODY seems the slightest bit interested in posting their clubs results on the BSF, I do wonder if maybe I'm wasting my time researching all round the web trying to put these results together. In case anyone is interested, here's a result that I came across from three days ago.

Please Please Please clubs that are participating in the Northern Junior League, get your acts together and start providing something for those who care to read how your youngsters are progressing. Last year the results service was very poor, this year, it's dire. Simply disgraceful in fact.

STOCKTON 17

1. Dale Lamb - DID NOT RIDE

2. Ben Basford (2-3-3) = 8

3. Kyle Bickley (3-3-3) = 9

4. Jack Wright (FD-NS-NS) = 0

CASTLEFORD 18

1. Sam Darroch (3-2-2) = 7

2. Jack Flynn (R-1*-1*) = 2+2

3. Kean Dicken (2-2-2) = 6

4. Harry McGurk (1*-1*-1*) = 3+3

1) Darroch, Basford, Flynn, Lamb (NS) 2-3, 2-3

2) Bickley, Dicken, McGurk, Wright (FD) 3-3, 5-6

3) Basford, Darroch, Flynn, Lamb (NS) 3-3, 8-9

4) Bickley, Dicken, McGurk, Wright (NS) 3-3, 11-12

5) Basford, Darroch, Flynn, Lamb (NS) 3-3, 14-15

6) Bickley, Dicken, McGurk, Wright (NS) 3-3, 17-18

• Like 2

Thanks for that Mimmo, for some reason the Northern Junior league does appear to be a secret society.

Does anyone have any news of fixtures for Northside?

Thanks for that Mimmo, for some reason the Northern Junior league does appear to be a secret society.

Does anyone have any news of fixtures for Northside?

2014 SEASON

DATE OPPONENTS RESULT TOP SCORER

12.04.2014 WORKINGTON (KOC) L 17-18 James Hitchen 9

AMATEUR SERIES (R1) JUNIOR CLASS WINNER: Kieran Taylor

NOVICE 500cc WINNER: George Rothery

INTERMEDIATE CLASS WINNER: Kyle Bickley

SENIOR 500cc WINNER: Tommy Fenwick

YOUNG STARS (DEMONSTRATION) WINNER: Liam Johnson

19.04.2014 Berwick 'B' (KOC)

May CASTLEFORD (NJL)

June REDCAR (NJL)

12.06.2014 Castleford (NJL)

14.06.2014 Workington (NJL)

22.06.2014 BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP 500cc (R3) WINNER:

BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP 250cc (R3) WINNER:

SUPPORT RACES 125cc (R3) WINNER:

July NJL RIDERS' CHAMPIONSHIP 125cc WINNER:

03.07.2014 Redcar (NJL)

19.07.2014 Berwick (NJL)

August BERWICK (NJL)

Hope that's of some help.

Hi Buxton Tiger,

Well that didn't reproduce in anything like the way that I typed it.

If the opponents are in capital letters, it means it's a home fixture for Northside.

For the second season in a row, the Midland Development League, thanks to 'Main Man' is providing a good service, but as you say, this Northern Junior League is a "Secret Society". This is not just a shame for people who like to follow what's going on, but it's a travesty of justice for the young riders who are not getting to see their names in print, which is the least they deserve for putting their young lives on the line to entertain us.

I know that the scores eventually find their way into the Speedway Star, but it's not an in depth service (i.e. Heat results etc), and not everybody buys that magazine these says. Some might say that the results go on Facebook, which is something I rarely dabble in, as it can easily take over your life. I must admit that when I've checked Facebook for the results for my own team, it's a very poor service once again, with just the scorers, but no heat details.

It's a sad fact of life, that most clubs just don't care.

Berwick Border Raiders 18 Redcar stockton Van Centre Cubs 18 KOC 5th April.

Berwick,

Luke Riddick 2,2,2-6

Kyle Deans 1,1,1- 3+3

Kieran Douglas 2,2,2-6

Archie Freeman 1,1,1-3+3

Redcar

Ben Basford fx,withdrawn

Dale Lamb 3,3,3-9

Kyle Bickley 3,3,3-9

Jack Wright 0,0,0-0

You could always check the Northern Junior League Facebook site. This has the results of the three matches that have taken place so far.

The Castleford v Berwick KOC match was rained off, twice! Then didn't take place due to time curfew so each team took one point.

Castleford have qualified for the final after their one point victory over Redcar and await the completion of other fixtures to find out their opposition.

• Like 1

Berwick,

Luke Riddick 2,2,2-6

Kyle Deans 1,1,1- 3+3

Kieran Douglas 2,2,2-6

Archie Freeman 1,1,1-3+3

Redcar

Ben Basford fx,withdrawn

Dale Lamb 3,3,3-9

Kyle Bickley 3,3,3-9

Jack Wright 0,0,0-0

You could always check the Northern Junior League Facebook site. This has the results of the three matches that have taken place so far.

The Castleford v Berwick KOC match was rained off, twice! Then didn't take place due to time curfew so each team took one point.

Castleford have qualified for the final after their one point victory over Redcar and await the completion of other fixtures to find out their opposition.

Mike, Here are the heat details but I couldn't find any race times:

Ht 1 Lamb, Ruddick, Deans, Basford F/X 3-3 / 3-3

Ht 2 Bickley, Douglas, Freeman, Wright 3-3 / 6-6

Ht 3 Lamb, Ruddick, Deans (3 riders only) 3-3 / 9-9

Ht 4 Bickley, Douglas, Freeman, Wright 3-3 / 12-12

Ht 5 Lamb, Ruddick, Deans (3 riders only) 3-3 / 15-15

Ht 6 Bickley, Douglas, Freeman, Wright 3-3 / 18-18

Edited by Great Central

Berwick,

Luke Riddick 2,2,2-6

Kyle Deans 1,1,1- 3+3

Kieran Douglas 2,2,2-6

Archie Freeman 1,1,1-3+3

Redcar

Ben Basford fx,withdrawn

Dale Lamb 3,3,3-9

Kyle Bickley 3,3,3-9

Jack Wright 0,0,0-0

Thanks for that, but I don't think Facebook publish heat details, which is what I require. Thanks also for the info about Castleford v Berwick, which has to be a bit farcical. Blimey, it's only mid-April, surely a new date could have been found, the season has only just started.

Best Wishes to you.

Mike

If you want to keep up with junior speedway you need to keep up with the internet. Junior Speedway has mostly youngsters involved in the riding side and youngsters use the internet all the time. This is why the relevant news is on Facebook, the NJL has it's own Facebook page which does include heat details. Most of the riders are not that interested in seeing their name on sites, they just want to ride! One of the many problems we have is that the tannoy system in the pits are never great and hence anybody trying to complete a programme very rarely can hear the heat times.

The rules on the new NJL format and fixtures were not made by the NJL, they were imposed on us by the BSPA . Due to fixture congestion over the last few seasons, mainly in the MDL, the BSPA insisted that after two attempts to run a fixture , a result must be declared.

As the Castleford v Berwick match was rained off twice and then ran into the dreaded curfew problem a result had to be declared. None of the teams wanted this but we are dictated to by the BSPA.

Instead of knocking those who are trying to get the youngsters involved in speedway, perhaps you might like to get involved at some level. You might then appreciate the problems the few who put themselves forward as organisers have to cope with.

Only those that are involved understand the hurdles over which we have to jump. Whilst I understand your frustration in not being able to get result details as soon as you would like, we are doing our best to get riders out on track, the statistics come later.

Please be a little less critical of our efforts.

If you want to keep up with junior speedway you need to keep up with the internet. Junior Speedway has mostly youngsters involved in the riding side and youngsters use the internet all the time. This is why the relevant news is on Facebook, the NJL has it's own Facebook page which does include heat details. Most of the riders are not that interested in seeing their name on sites, they just want to ride! One of the many problems we have is that the tannoy system in the pits are never great and hence anybody trying to complete a programme very rarely can hear the heat times.

The rules on the new NJL format and fixtures were not made by the NJL, they were imposed on us by the BSPA . Due to fixture congestion over the last few seasons, mainly in the MDL, the BSPA insisted that after two attempts to run a fixture , a result must be declared.

As the Castleford v Berwick match was rained off twice and then ran into the dreaded curfew problem a result had to be declared. None of the teams wanted this but we are dictated to by the BSPA.

Instead of knocking those who are trying to get the youngsters involved in speedway, perhaps you might like to get involved at some level. You might then appreciate the problems the few who put themselves forward as organisers have to cope with.

Only those that are involved understand the hurdles over which we have to jump. Whilst I understand your frustration in not being able to get result details as soon as you would like, we are doing our best to get riders out on track, the statistics come later.

Please be a little less critical of our efforts.

Thanks for explaining the situation, much of which I was not aware.

You're obviously one of the people that organises the NJL meetings, and I wish you well, and that your hard work id fully rewarded at the end of the day.

I will quietly search around to see if I can find the details that I want, but sadly, for whatever reason, I just don't seem to be able to navigate Facebook very well. Well I do know the reason, it's called age!!!

Thanks once again.

Thanks for explaining the situation, much of which I was not aware.

You're obviously one of the people that organises the NJL meetings, and I wish you well, and that your hard work id fully rewarded at the end of the day.

I will quietly search around to see if I can find the details that I want, but sadly, for whatever reason, I just don't seem to be able to navigate Facebook very well. Well I do know the reason, it's called age!!!

Thanks once again.

Try this link Mimmo

http://northernjuniorleague.com

Pretty comprehensive website

Try this link Mimmo

http://northernjuniorleague.com

Pretty comprehensive website

Thanks a lot for that Falcon Hammer, that should be a massive help.

Mike, Here are the heat details but I couldn't find any race times:

Ht 1 Lamb, Ruddick, Deans, Basford F/X 3-3 / 3-3

Ht 2 Bickley, Douglas, Freeman, Wright 3-3 / 6-6

Ht 3 Lamb, Ruddick, Deans (3 riders only) 3-3 / 9-9

Ht 4 Bickley, Douglas, Freeman, Wright 3-3 / 12-12

Ht 5 Lamb, Ruddick, Deans (3 riders only) 3-3 / 15-15

Ht 6 Bickley, Douglas, Freeman, Wright 3-3 / 18-18

Ta much Martin.

Hope you are well, and that Stoke can get up and running soon, so that young fella yer lad, can get some racing in.

I don't think the NJL is being secretive at all, it's just that the results are (mostly) all on the net anyway.

The referee's official scorecharts, including full heat details, are normally posted on the SCB website on the morning following the match. This applies to most MDL meetings too. In fact, the Stockton v Castleford meeting on this thread, is also available (filed under Redcar). Have to admit I haven't found the Northside scoresheet though!

Just go to http://www.scbgb.co.uk/download_results_2014.asp

Edited by TwoMinuteWarning

It's hardly surprising that it's not easy to establish what is going on in this league.

So it seems that this meeting was actually a cup match between Redcar & Castleford, yet the referee has clearly headed his programme as it being a challenge match between Stockton & Castleford!!!!!! I rest my case and give up.

If you took the time to read the details you would realise the ref has made a simple mistake ( which refs are prone too!).

Redcar Cubs are sponsored by Stockton Van Centre, which is emblazoned on their race jackets.

Refs aren't usually keen on Junior matches as it stops them getting away early from the meeting, hence the lack of details they record.

The Northside meeting details are on the NJL site, the reason it doesn't feature on the SCB site is that the match preceded an Amateur meeting so an ' official ' referee was not present.

It was actually refereed by Craig Cook of Belle Vue and Edinburgh.

If you have any further questions, just ask!

I may not have the answers to hand but I will endeavour to get the answers for you as soon as I am able.

If you do " give up" on the NJL then please stop having a dig without the curtesey of asking first.

Plenty of unjustified criticism there that I'm not going to try defending myself against, I'll just say that I've been involved with the NJL since it's inception in 2010 as rider, team manager and now coordinator, in that time 99% of the riders involved have been totally positive about the opportunities that have been provided and the resulting publicity they receive via Facebook, Twitter, Speedway Star, Speedwaygb.co.uk and now northernjuniorleague.co.uk . Equally from the other side of the fence 99% of the fans, officials and track staff have been and continue to be massively supportive.

As for statistics I keep my own comprehensive stats that are periodically posted at the above outlets.

Hi jimbobswales, could you possibly clear up a query for me please?

The NJL website says that the Berwick 'B' v Northside (19/4) resulted in a 17-13 win for the home side, with Heat 5 being a declared result due to an accident.

However, referee Willie Dishington has forwarded the result through as Berwick 'B' 14 Northside 10 to the SCB, with the scored being declared at the conclusion of Heat 4.

Do you have any idea why there should be a difference in the two understandings of what happened, and importantly which version of events is the correct one.

Thank you in anticipation for your time and help.

Best Wishes

Mike

Me again jimbobswales.

With regards to the Workington v Berwick meeting on the 3rd May, referee Dave Dowling says the result was Workington 14 Berwick 'B' 20.

The report in the Speedway Star this week shows the result as being Workington 15 Berwick 'B' 20.

The difference in opinion centres around George Rothery (Workington), because the Speedway Star says the rider scored 2+2 from 3-rides, but the referee claims his total was 1+1 from 3-rides. According to the programme, George retired in Heat 2, finished third behind his team mate in Heat 4 before suffering another retirement in Heat 6.

If, and I only say if, the referee is correct on both this particular query, and the one mentioned in my previous post, then I'd make the Group 2 table looking like this: -

TEAM M W D L F A PTS +/-

Berwick B 2 2 0 0 34 24 4 10

Workington 2 1 0 1 32 37 2 -5

Northside 2 0 0 2 27 32 0 - 5

Speedway Star has published.

Berwick B 2 2 0 0 37 28 4 9

Workington 2 1 0 1 33 37 2 -4

Northside 2 0 0 2 30 35 0 - 5

Please don't think I'm trying to pick holes with anyone because I'm not. But there are clearly two versions of what actually happened, and I'm interested to know for my own records which is correct, as will Peter Oakes for next years Speedway Yearbook of course.

Thanks once again for your anticipated help and understanding.

All the Best

Mike