British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ghostie

Chris Bomber Harris Performances

.......Sadly he is on the downslope towards retyrement.....

Perhaps that's what he was looking for the extra funding for? Think you may have hit the nail on the head there.

• Like 2

Chris scored 11+2 at Leicester when he guested for Wolves a couple of weeks back. Very entertaining to watch and definitely giving 100%, which was a shame as he beat Jason on the line to steal the win lol. Certainly couldn't fault him for his approach to his job and throwing himself around BP, a track which he hasn't had many laps around. I look forward to seeing him again this Saturday.

• Like 1

have a day off, you clearly never watched a polish league match, or the 98 witches..2 riders once every other week? nonsense

weakest reserves in elite lge history, how on earth is this not watered down!!

Was i comparing the Polish league to the EL ??

The Polish league is the dream, but it wont happen over here unless major changes happen.

No one is saying it ISN'T watered down. :rolleyes:

My example still stands. I watch top class heats in the EL every week.

• Like 1

ok, no probs, just different views..i just personally think our sport is in a poor way, and since the introduction of the gp, i just feel its going one way. totally cheesed off with amount of mix n match riders/teams..i just old fashioned i guess, and think a team should be same 7 riders, not this current format where riders constantly turn out in different race jackets, week in week out

• Like 1

ok, no probs, just different views..i just personally think our sport is in a poor way, and since the introduction of the gp, i just feel its going one way. totally cheesed off with amount of mix n match riders/teams..i just old fashioned i guess, and think a team should be same 7 riders, not this current format where riders constantly turn out in different race jackets, week in week out

Yea we all have different views and care about our sport.

Unfortunately we have fallen so far down the pecking order in World Speedway that only a few foreigner riders feel a need to come over anymore, particularly with different race nights, full league programme etc. And lets face it they cant earn as much as they do abroad over here so have no further incentive.

ALL the leagues suffer with missing riders due to other commitments, so it isn't an EL issue - its a British Speedway issue.

• Like 1

have a day off, you clearly never watched a polish league match, or the 98 witches..2 riders once every other week? nonsense

Ipswich '98. One of the greatest teams of all time? Thats a fair comparison. Anyway, wasn't Savalas Clouting one of the reserves? The Same Savalas Clouting who about 4 years later was part of the worst ever EL reserve pairing with Jason Bunyan?

Ipswich '98. One of the greatest teams of all time? Thats a fair comparison. Anyway, wasn't Savalas Clouting one of the reserves? The Same Savalas Clouting who about 4 years later was part of the worst ever EL reserve pairing with Jason Bunyan?

when you had ricko world champ, louis british champ, gollob, nicholls, in what was a 6 man team in them days, who needed the other 2? but altho i was far from a clouting fan, was he not brit u21 champ that yr as well. svab was a useful reserve as well..has any club had a world 1,3 and 5 in same season?......think lee and jessup were 1 and 2

when you had ricko world champ, louis british champ, gollob, nicholls, in what was a 6 man team in them days, who needed the other 2? but altho i was far from a clouting fan, was he not brit u21 champ that yr as well. svab was a useful reserve as well..has any club had a world 1,3 and 5 in same season?......think lee and jessup were 1 and 2

Straw man argument. You claimed we had crap reserve now, used Ipswich '98 as proof of that. Then agree that Clouting wasn't much of a reserve, Clouting GB Under Champ? Well Josh Bates won it this season and Rob Branford won it last season. Must make the PL reserve this season and last amazing then!

Pardon me for asking, but I thought this was a Chris Harris thread

Anyway, does anyone know how his testing in Poland went yesterday?

• Like 1

Outgated Bridger a couple of times!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 2

Outgated Bridger a couple of times!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for the kind update!

Sure he said on twitter it was cancelled due to rain

Thank you so much for the kind update!

Apologies it was a bit sarcasm .Chris. Is an honest guy but he is on the slide whatever the reasons,and it doesn't help with the excuses he makes in public.

Oh how I miss the Ipswich Coventry days of 1998. The number of times Savalas Clouting and David Walsh jumped out of the start and beat Hamill and Rickardsson. Oh, hang on a minute, they didn't. Two riders half a lap ahead while the other two pootled for the odd point.

Does the Polish League not have two of their own at reserve for the full season? Surely the draft is a similar scenario? I watched Polish league on the PC virtually every Sunday last year and can remember one good meeting. The presence of the top stars in the top 5 doesn't automatically equal top racing. Take the Swedish League for example. Utter dross served up week after week.

• Like 2

Straw man argument. You claimed we had crap reserve now, used Ipswich '98 as proof of that. Then agree that Clouting wasn't much of a reserve, Clouting GB Under Champ? Well Josh Bates won it this season and Rob Branford won it last season. Must make the PL reserve this season and last amazing then!

clouting was awful, i got more points on my driving licence!....but would still of put him above bates..also svab wasnt a bad reserve, and they were much much stronger line ups in the 98 yr of 6 man teams

Oh how I miss the Ipswich Coventry days of 1998. The number of times Savalas Clouting and David Walsh jumped out of the start and beat Hamill and Rickardsson. Oh, hang on a minute, they didn't. Two riders half a lap ahead while the other two pootled for the odd point.

Does the Polish League not have two of their own at reserve for the full season? Surely the draft is a similar scenario? I watched Polish league on the PC virtually every Sunday last year and can remember one good meeting. The presence of the top stars in the top 5 doesn't automatically equal top racing. Take the Swedish League for example. Utter dross served up week after week.

my point is, quite simple really....of course ricko was way ahead of clouting, stating the obvious or what? my point is, we had our "own" teams, whether weak or strong, not this crap mix n match system