British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ghostie

Chris Bomber Harris Performances

Hi all

I would just like to say the following. I have been a huge fan/follower of Chris harris in previous times. Paid good money to follow and support him. However after his recent performance against Poole I was disappointed from a bees fans point of view.

I tweeted that I thought he had let his team down. And in fairness harris had already tweeted and apologised to the fans but because of my tweet he has blocked me on Twitter. My view is I'm disgusted that I can't give an honest opinion.

What do you all think ?

Disgusted? Get up and give it a go yourself if you can do better. In fair when it comes to Harris I have to say Coventry fan are fickle, I think you have let the fans down. There you go my honest opinion. Not nice is it. You wonder why he blocked you? Idiot.

Edited by Marmite
  • Like 2

Personally, I don't think riders should block people because they've been critical.

Lewis Kerr didn't like a comment I'd made about him on here so he DM'd me on Twitter. A couple of messages later things were sorted. I have massive respect for him now, even more than before. He wasn't nasty, blocked me or anything. He dealt with my idiocy very well.

There is an awful lot of positively that can be learnt from negativity and the reason Harris struggles to improve is because he's a closed shop to himself. Constant plaudits makes you become very lazy & blinkered. Everyone needs to be knocked down a peg or 2 in their life. It's how you recover and prove people wrong that counts from there on in.

• Like 7

He dealt with my idiocy very well.

Fair play to you for admitting it.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

Fair play to you for admitting it.

We're all awaiting you're admittance............ :D

We're all awaiting you're admittance............ :D

Poor Steve. I didn't know he was going into an institution. 😂

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Harris' main trouble in my opinion is that being an indifferent gater means that he often has to work very hard for points

great for us - wearing for him and machinery i would think

there are names from the past who would have been much more succesful with better gating prowess

I had a hunch, pre-season, that Bomber would turn things round this season. I'm very pleased indeed to see that he seems to be making a real fist of trying to do so.

May it long continue.

I had a hunch, pre-season, that Bomber would turn things round this season. I'm very pleased indeed to see that he seems to be making a real fist of trying to do so.

May it long continue.

Harris did indeed have a decent night last night, that has to become the norm rather than the exception over the next few weeks, lets see how in goes in Poland today and in the GP next week.

Chris scored plenty of points, starts were better but most pleasing of all was top end speed on the long straights at B.P. More concerned about Hans lack of passing ability and how he managed to score zero in Poland the other week.

Not too worried about Hans yet because he has been riding with an injury, but he doesn't seem to be so sharp away from the tapes at the moment like he used to be.

• Like 1

Harris did indeed have a decent night last night, that has to become the norm rather than the exception over the next few weeks, lets see how in goes in Poland today and in the GP next week.

Just noticed that after their woeful performances in their first match for Rybnik Chris Harris and Lewis Bridger are replaced in the team list for Mondays fixture by rising Czech star Vaclav Milik and the Russian Ilja Chalov who has scored very well indeed so far this season. Milik has also had a great first two rounds in the Czech under 21 championship scoring 14 and 15.

Regards. Alan.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/25253

Re above post regarding Harris. The Poles don't mess around. Produce or bye-bye. Ruthless but that is the way it is. Regards. Alan

• Like 3

Get up and give it a go yourself if you can do better.

Pretty standard response. Difference is most fans on here don't claim or want to be a professional rider, but pay their wages, and are more than entitled to be critical when the so-called professionals don't deliver.

Edit: And yeah, Harris will never be the World Champion as long as he has a hole in his... if he makes the top 8 in the GP or averages 8 in the EL this season I'll be surprised.

Edited by DiamondsRock
  • Like 2

Always liked Bomber as a rider. I read that Phil Morris was going to help with his gating so hopefully between them they will get this sorted.

Does Peter Johns tune his motors now? What about mechanics maybe he could get his old spannerman Ted back?

Less success brings less sponsorship and that won't pay for top engines.And that brings less success

Going to make a complete and utter fool out of himself AGAIN (remember 2012?) in the Grand Prix's. Always been a hard trier with a huge heart and guts but never sadly, has had any class. Shame he didn't have a bit more common sense though and had used it to sensibly refuse his "extreme back door" invitation into the GP's this season!

• Like 1

Harris' main trouble in my opinion is that being an indifferent gater means that he often has to work very hard for points

great for us - wearing for him and machinery i would think

there are names from the past who would have been much more succesful with better gating prowess

Chris has never been a gater but in previous seasons has had a much higher average,finished in the top 8 in the world championship and actually won a gp. In the preview addition of the Speedway Star Chris admits that he has not been the same rider since the new silencers were introduced.Unfortunately the handful of throttle blast round the outside doesn't work as well as it used to bad news for Chris and speedway fans as a whole (good news for Martin Smolinski)
  • Like 1