British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Glasgow (lc) 18/4/14 @ 7.30pm

Cookie is one of those riders that doesn't come along too often, and it has been a joy to watch his progress.

I must admit to being a fan from the first time I saw him race when Workington arrived at The Dale. On one of those visits I recall him leading The Fish around the Dale for over 3 laps... no mean feat at the time.

He's worked so hard off the track on fitness, bike set up etc. and thoroughly deserves any personal rewards he gets from that dedication.

A side of his character that may not be obvious to all is the help he offers team mates with numerous Edinburgh riders benefitting from his and his crew's help throughout the seasons.

Will this be his last season at the Dale, well who knows. If it is the Edinburgh promotion will have to pull another incredible signing (or two) out of the bag to replace him.

That said they've done it before.. not least with Cookie himself... regarded at the time as a huge gamble by some.

With the above in mind I'll be enjoying his races whilst he's still wearing the blue and gold.... 'mon the Cookie

• Like 2