British Speedway Forum
DIAMONDS

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Scunthorpe Scorpions 20/04/14

According to Thomas Jorgenson on his website, his chain came off after being hit and wedged in the sprocket. He was unable to move the bike and was trying to get the ref to stop the race. Before anyone starts to jump down my throat and tell me that was not the case, do not shoot the messenger.

It was not humour just stating factual information as to why he did not move it off the track!

There are some who might say:-

"He would say that - wouldn't he"?

He put the Bike in place and then walked away from it - that's what it looked like to me and those around me.

• Like 1

It was not humour just stating factual information as to why he did not move it off the track!

..and that is bollocks. IF you had been there, you would have seen him stop, get off, adjust the position of the bike on, take his helmet and goggles off and gesticulate up to the referee. He coasted to a stop so there was nothing jammed. Now go to bed.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

Maybe he couldn't move the bike and was actually trying to get the refs attention to put the lights on but let's not let facts stop a good witch hunt!

He didn't even attempt to move the bike, a speedway bike isn't that heavy and he could have easily dragged it off the track or even got it out of the main race line if a chain was stuck in the wheels. But I suppose he was doing it for the team as his team mate was at the back until the race was stopped.

He didn't even attempt to move the bike, a speedway bike isn't that heavy and he could have easily dragged it off the track or even got it out of the main race line if a chain was stuck in the wheels. But I suppose he was doing it for the team as his team mate was at the back until the race was stopped.

Still no excuse for what he did.

..and that is bollocks. IF you had been there, you would have seen him stop, get off, adjust the position of the bike on, take his helmet and goggles off and gesticulate up to the referee. He coasted to a stop so there was nothing jammed. Now go to bed.

I merely stated facts direct from the nearest person to the incident. But of course he is telling porkies so that gives you a right too talk to me like that. Knowing Thomas he would never do something to put other riders in danger. Not forgetting his own team mate was still in the race so would be putting him in danger too if it was done on purpose.

According to Thomas Jorgenson on his website, his chain came off after being hit and wedged in the sprocket. He was unable to move the bike and was trying to get the ref to stop the race. Before anyone starts to jump down my throat and tell me that was not the case, do not shoot the messenger.

Sounds like a quickly cobbled statement to save a heavy ban. Has a ring of Richie Hall's thoughtful apology about it.

Let's not kid ourselves, this is nowhere near the truth. Everyone in the stadium could see him lose out with the elbowing, ran around the second corner, calmly get off his bike, repositions it, unclothes his head and gesticulates to the ref. Every possibility that it was caught on film and will be on the DVD from GTR Media at a very reasonable price from your own track store.

• Like 1

I merely stated facts direct from the nearest person to the incident. But of course he is telling porkies so that gives you a right too talk to me like that. Knowing Thomas he would never do something to put other riders in danger. Not forgetting his own team mate was still in the race so would be putting him in danger too if it was done on purpose.

You are on to a loser here. You weren't there so you don't actually KNOW what happened.

Someone could have told you their view of what occurred - but that is only a view passed on by word of mouth. It could also be a partisan, biased view - you can't possibly KNOW the facts.

I WAS there - so was Tsunami and a few hundred others - we are not stupid we KNOW what we saw. He PARKED his Bike on the Racing line - there is absolutely NO argument about that. IF it is true that he was Fined by the Referee - then that only serves to support my argument - obviously the Referee felt his action was stupid and dangerous too.

• Like 1

Well you obviously DON'T know Thomas then.

• Like 1

Not forgetting his own team mate was still in the race so would be putting him in danger too if it was done on purpose.

Emphasises the sheer bloody stupidity of it even more doesn't it?

• Like 1

i was not there but i do watch the updates but it does beg the question why is there more falls or crashes at newcastle than any other track in the uk,check all the previous updates for yourself and newcastle comes out on top,whats the reason does the place live up to its name of rough park or is there another reason?

Still no excuse for what he did.

Yes I know it was supposed to be me being sarcastic but I'm too stupid for things like that ;)

Hmm my reply didn't appear.

I will not put the first part up except obviously the rider must be lying as you all say so I was mearly raising what he said I did not ask for abuse!

I have 3 questions though

1. Where did the accused stand after parking his bike?

2. How did his bike finally get removed from the track?

3. What's the difference between this and a weekly occurrence where a rider comes off looks like he is going to get up and clear the track then just lay down to get the race stopped by which time the riders are almost back on top of him

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet

Hmm my reply didn't appear.

I will not put the first part up except obviously the rider must be lying as you all say so I was mearly raising what he said I did not ask for abuse!

I have 3 questions though

1. Where did the accused stand after parking his bike?

2. How did his bike finally get removed from the track?

3. What's the difference between this and a weekly occurrence where a rider comes off looks like he is going to get up and clear the track then just lay down to get the race stopped by which time the riders are almost back on top of him

1. On the centre green throwing a tantrum.

2. Someone (presumably track staff) just pushed his bike away without any fiddling with chains or anything.

3. Nothing, both are as bad as each other. I suppose if the rider stays on the track as well he is putting himself at risk as well as others were today what Jorgensen done only put the other riders at risk, but that's not really the point is it.

I've spoken to Thomas many times over the past couple of years and he has always come across as a nice, young lad and it has surprised me how he reacted like a child on and off the track. I must say though the two races he did complete looked quality rides :t:

Maybe he couldn't move the bike and was actually trying to get the refs attention to put the lights on but let's not let facts stop a good witch hunt!

Was there and he parked the bike where it could do most harm. An atrocious act which will I hope be dealt with accordingly. A less lenient ref. would have banned him instantly.

Dreamland if he even he believed that statement. Never a rider but I have pushed a car, and he made NO attempt to remove that life threatening obstruction at all.