British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham V Poole Ela 23/4/14

Guest GiveusaB

Persistent rain started 20 mins ago???

Persistent rain started 20 mins ago???

Where are you ? I'm in the tennis courts now dry and only rain there has been is very light drizzle

Guest GiveusaB

I'm in Castle Brom ? I'm in 2 minds at the moment? but if you say its dry there? then I'll set off at 6.30!

Why are they banned

Looks like it's been lifted, but was imposed last year as in yet another PR disaster, someone came to the conclusion that broadcasting on WM affecting crowd figures.

•  

This Evening and Tonight

Cloudy with rain at first this evening, perhaps turning heavy for a time, before clearing away northeastwards. A dry night will follow, but with light winds and clear skies, mist, fog and low cloud is likely.

Guest GiveusaB

Forecasts are very unreliable in the Central Midlands !

Off the top of my head we haven't had a meeting abandoned at the barr in yeas ,it's about the only decision we seem to get spot on most the time

Would it matter if it rained.? Poole are always keen to get a meeting on even when it's raining

• Like 2

More like SteveBrum and Gavan ;)

Judging by his avatar..... Maybe Gavan's alter-ego stage name is Stacey :lol:

Here is the radio link to the speedway tonight from the excellent speedway coverage from BBC WM... http://www.bbc.co.uk/wm

Edited by Poole Quay 7

a link for tonight's meeting, I'm assuming it's Brum v Poole..... ;)

http://www.sportlemon.tv/20140422/vv5355a811259313.51946819-803894.html

don't shoot the messenger if it's wrong..... :D

I'd make sure you've got strong anti-virus for that portal, it does have some bad reports of trojans and the like. However, obviously the specific stream could be absolutely fine and just be careful that you don't go clicking on any "you need to update/download latest whatever to play the video", also be careful of which X's you click on to close down any adverts on the video screen.. You certainly can't always go by some of the major AV site checkers as they frequently give a green light to shocking sites.

It would be great for many outside the UK who can't access the Bet365 site though.

Latest from track on http://www.bbc.co.uk/wm saying it's rather wet and still raining

Ouch initial weather reports i checked had it not raining hard-ish until 9pm, but it was a while since i checked.

I'd make sure you've got strong anti-virus for that portal, it does have some bad reports of trojans and the like. However, obviously the specific stream could be absolutely fine and just be careful that you don't go clicking on any "you need to update/download latest whatever to play the video", also be careful of which X's you click on to close down any adverts on the video screen.. You certainly can't always go by some of the major AV site checkers as they frequently give a green light to shocking sites.

It would be great for many outside the UK who can't access the Bet365 site though.

Ouch initial weather reports i checked had it not raining hard-ish until 9pm, but it was a while since i checked.

tried these for the shocking Poole v Swindon on Friday, like you said, don't go downloading anything that pop's up.... it was fine, although it's raining so we might see some ducks... :D