British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 28/04/2014

If Holder is in the Poole team, and Poole are within the points limit. Then, surely, they can bring Ward back in whenever they want as long as they are still within the points limit. So what's the issue?

I understand, it will be interesting to see what happens when Holder's 28 days is up. Will he be given another fixed length replacement deal to give Darcy enough time to build up his fitness gradually by only riding in Poland and the SGP's?

i believe the ruling was that holder was in for a minimum 28 days, not maximum.

If Holder is in the Poole team, and Poole are within the points limit. Then, surely, they can bring Ward back in whenever they want as long as they are still within the points limit. So what's the issue?

but poole are now over 32 points in the latest greensheets, meaning that if holder is part of a re-declared team, ward can only replace him if he has a lower average than holder.

As far as an injury goes, he's either injured or he's not. You can't almost score a maximum in Poland, almost win a SGP and be injured surely?

Are you new to speedway?

• Like 5

Ok Poole fans as we are all anti Poole then clear it up for us.

WHY WHEN THERE IS ANYTHING REMOTELY UNDERHAND POOLE ARE INVOLVED?

Smart is missing but its ok its Poole hence why there fans are quiet.

What i find hilarious is that bar maybe 1 or 2 they just cant accept getting beat easily by a better team.

Holder scored 4 because he doesnt like the track? Tosh he regularly posts double figures there.

He was passed by Palm Toft in his opening ride. A rider of Holders calibre should not be overtaken by one of Palm Tofts calibre on any track.

As i said at the start of the season Janowski will be a liability away on most tracks. Gating tart basically. Cant wait to see if he even turns up at Lakeside or Eastbourne or will he mysteriously be injured or be the only pole who misses his flight!

Dont know if this average dropping thing by Holder is correct but it wouldnt suprise me. You only have to be the strongest 1-7 in August onwards not April

• Like 3

Lee smart was so say dropped that why he wasn't there. The guy wasn't even given a chance I spoke to lee at Poole on Good Friday he had all his bikes sorted and ready to go and he look better in both meetings that day. I think this

Draft is another way to mess around with the British riders how can they have a chance of doing anything if they can get swapped around like this. I honestly think if bates is coming in for smart then why should he be if he pulled out of Swindon then he shouldn't be allowed back in. He ain't scoring great and he lucky to win the under 21

It's not bates coming in for smart

Still an injury replacement.

erm not its nor its a redeclaration but wouldnt expect you to get anything right

why would we think of getting rid of Vaclav? So far he has done his job and more. would have got 5 last night if he wasn't trying to win the heat and that's 5 more than I expected from him to be honest. The track must have given him the collywobbles on the track walk.

Very good little rider for his age.

Poole are known for making title winning changes its the only part of Matt Ford i admire. They will not think twice of getting rid of Milik to make the side stronger.

Poole are known for making title winning changes its the only part of Matt Ford i admire. They will not think twice of getting rid of Milik to make the side stronger.

Oh i don't know, if one of the main 5 (other than there number 1) reach above 8 they can replace them with Kasprzak. Tho Kasprzak is no real improvement on either of there current top 3 IMHO - not from an EL perspective anyway.

i believe the ruling was that holder was in for a minimum 28 days, not maximum.

but poole are now over 32 points in the latest greensheets, meaning that if holder is part of a re-declared team, ward can only replace him if he has a lower average than holder.

Ah right. So he must be an injury replacement then.

I don't understand all the fuss about Lee Smart's non-appearance in this meeting. I think the issue is that there is a lack of communication and the conspiracy theorists have gone into overdrive.

I'm sure that there is an explanation which will be forthcoming but who cares anyway?

• Like 3

Oh i don't know, if one of the main 5 (other than there number 1) reach above 8 they can replace them with Kasprzak. Tho Kasprzak is no real improvement on either of there current top 3 IMHO - not from an EL perspective anyway.

Kasprzak may have had some indifferent meetings for other clubs but for Poole he has always been terrific and is a much better rider than Janowski or Pawlicki, he certainly didn't let me down on saturday !!

Shame Ollie is one place above Smart on the newly revised FT draft list - or maybe they're on exactly the same average?!!! :wink:

Greenwood is 8 places below Smart until Thursday.

I can't understand all the enquiries about Lee Smart, he was at Belle Vue last night - he was riding at No 5 apparently!

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 3

Why are people saying the fans are being quiet ffs we are trying to find out are selves why Lee Smart was missing, if he has been dropped I won't be happy at all and I think there is a good few others that will be upset, because the lad has imo not been given a bloody chance to show what he can do.

I am disgusted with our management at the moment for not releasing a statement about the absence of Smart, as far as I was aware reading the echo Smart was in and line up confirmed even Matt Fords quote said, Ford anticipates that fellow reserve Lee Smart will be available.

• Like 2

From Poole website:

Whilst Aces' Captain Cook went through the card unbeaten by a Pirate, Poole's skipper Maciej Janowski 'love affair' with the Belle Vue circuit never improved. Janowski had failed to score from three rides on his last visit to Manchester and with a fall and a heat 6 last place to his name he was again struggling to find the winning groove. But when he and fellow Pole Przemyslaw Pawlicki partnered up for a second time it looked for certain that they had delivered the goods and held off the intense interests of the previously unbeaten Matej Zagar.

But when the result was announced it was met with a stunned silence and much head turning towards the referee's gantry as in the eyes of the SCB official Willie Dishington Zagar's efforts had been strong enough just to get up on the line and ###### second place from the team riding Pirates.

It was a crucial decision as the visitors had just levelled the meeting after dual guests Charles Wright and Oliver Greenwood had paired up for Poole in heat 9 to claim maximum points. Had Poole been given that second successive maximum score it would have given them a little bit of breathing space

Ah,so that's why the Aces won. ( I didn't see any Poole officials on the finishing line by the way)

A little humility would go a long way in helping to counter the dislike that so many fans have for the Dorset set-up.

Edited by lastword
  • Like 2

Greenwood is 8 places below Smart until Thursday.

Smart is averaging what 5-6 in NL?

Greenwood averaging 10...