British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry Storm V Kent Kings - Friday 2nd May

COVENTRY Storm are looking to extend their impressive start to the National League season when Kent visit Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).
The City Gearboxes Storm have won all three of their league matches so far, including dramatic Easter victories away at Mildenhall and at home to Cradley in what was the best meeting since the club entered the third tier last year.
Now they face a Kings side who are also expected to be up amongst the play-off challengers, and who track one of the strongest top-orders in the league with Simon Lambert and Ben Morley both having team places in the Elite League via the fast-track system.
The Storm go into the meeting without in-form Oliver Greenwood, who has a commitment with his Premier League club Peterborough, and the rider-replacement facility will entitle each member of the team other than No.1 Stefan Nielsen to an extra outing.
Coventry promoter Mick Horton said: “To beat Mildenhall and Cradley over Easter was an incredible effort and now hopefully the boys can carry it on against Kent.
“The Cradley match was a fantastic meeting and it showed just how good the racing can be at this level. Our boys are making rapid progress and obviously we want the fans to come along and cheer them on.”
Supporters are reminded that admission prices for National League matches are just £10 for all adults, with all children free.
A busy Bank Holiday weekend sees the Buildbase Bees return to Elite League action on Saturday at Lakeside before hosting the Hammers at Brandon on Monday.

CITY GEARBOXES STORM (from): Luke Crang, Dan Greenwod, Oliver Greenwood R/R, Martin Knuckey, Stefan Nielsen, James Sarjeant, Ryan Terry-Daley.

Edited by NeilWatson

Why the from for the teams. If this is a pathetic attempt to force us to buy a programme (2 bits of paper) it will have the opposite reaction and I will probably not bother to come which is 3 x £10 lost.

Why the from for the teams. If this is a pathetic attempt to force us to buy a programme (2 bits of paper) it will have the opposite reaction and I will probably not bother to come which is 3 x £10 lost.

Agreed. Hope the club aren't going down this route permanently.

I've no interest in buying a programme at any meeting. I like to print my own scorecard that goes straight in the bin as soon as I get home.

Spending £2 to £3 on glossy rubbish, full of adverts, that often has the scorecard printed on an almost laminated surface is pointless, and the money I save on not buying them at the 3 Coventry meetings over the weekend can get me into Rye House on Sunday or Peterborough on Tuesday.

Give us the teams in riding order!

Me too. I'm not interested in buying a programme that I will throw away afterwards. If the teams aren't shown so I can print my own then I won't bother.

I've no interest in buying a programme at any meeting. I like to print my own scorecard that goes straight in the bin as soon as I get home.

Give us the teams in riding order!

You could always take one of your own blank scorecards to a meeting and filling in the rider details when the teams are announced over the PA system couldn't you? Or, may I ask, have you no interest in buying pens either? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 2

Never surprised to be mocked by people that get in gratis and also get their programmes for free.

• Like 3

You could always take one of your own blank scorecards to a meeting and filling in the rider details when the teams are announced over the PA system couldn't you? Or, may I ask, have you no interest in buying pens either?

Just the sort of comment that I would expect from someone that does not pay for any of their speedway.

Perhaps you would like to ring Neil Watson and tell him why he will be missing at least 3 people tonight.

Blimey there must be something in the water today. The whole forum hss gone mad

• Like 1

At this point in the season you can guess the riding order anyway. The only possible change forCoventry is running R/R at2 and Crang at 3 but Kent will be exactly the same. I can think of many more reasons to not go than not knowing the riding order before hand. You could always check the line-up in the programmer the guy stood next to you anyway.

Never surprised to be mocked by people that get in gratis and also get their programmes for free.

Just the sort of comment that I would expect from someone that does not pay for any of their speedway.

Perhaps you would like to ring Neil Watson and tell him why he will be missing at least 3 people tonight.

With respect I don't know either of your ages but, assuming you both work, apart from the cost of travelling to and from your place of employment, when you get there do you pay to go into the premises / site? And once in either, do you work for nothing? Just asking! The simple fact of the matter is that you have the choice of buying a programme or not and it's up to you to make that choice!

With respect I don't know either of your ages but, assuming you both work, apart from the cost of travelling to and from your place of employment, when you get there do you pay to go into the premises / site? And once in either, do you work for nothing? Just asking! The simple fact of the matter is that you have the choice of buying a programme or not and it's up to you to make that choice!

So why when you know nothing about me do you assume that I work. I am retired, and I would rather spend my money on going to a speedway meeting then on a bit of paper with a load of rubbish in it written by people like you which I have no wish to read.But if I can't follow the meeting then I might as well not go which is then a loss to the promotion. and yes it is my choice to buy a programme or not which you seemed to have a problem with.

So why when you know nothing about me do you assume that I work. I am retired, and I would rather spend my money on going to a speedway meeting then on a bit of paper with a load of rubbish in it written by people like you which I have no wish to read.But if I can't follow the meeting then I might as well not go which is then a loss to the promotion. and yes it is my choice to buy a programme or not which you seemed to have a problem with.

I "assumed' you were of working age because your profile states that you're "over 40" and not that you are retired. I've no problem with you making the choice not to buy a programme at any meeting, it's your decision.

And talking of assuming things, isn't it fair to say that you are doing just that when you state, "I would rather spend my money on going to a speedway meeting then on a bit of paper with a load of rubbish in it written by people like you which I have no wish to read?' Surely by not reading what's written you are assuming that it's 'a load of rubbish?'

Edited by Bryn

So you'll pay to get into Coventry on Monday then since you won't be working.

• Like 1

I "assumed' you were of working age because your profile states that you're "over 40" and not that you are retired. I've no problem with you making the choice not to buy a programme at any meeting, it's your decision.

And talking of assuming things, isn't it fair to say that you are doing just that when you state, "I would rather spend my money on going to a speedway meeting then on a bit of paper with a load of rubbish in it written by people like you which I have no wish to read?' Surely by not reading what's written you are assuming that it's 'a load of rubbish?'

True but then I doubt if it has got any better than Oxford days.