British Speedway Forum
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Mildenhall Nl 5/5/14

If people want to leave early that's their prerogative. Don't understand it myself, but it's their money. And if they would rather watch Elite racing, they know where to go. Me, I'm staying right here, supporting my local team, comprised of British racers: not some overpaid foreign mercenaries.

If people want to leave early that's their prerogative. Don't understand it myself, but it's their money. And if they would rather watch Elite racing, they know where to go. Me, I'm staying right here, supporting my local team, comprised of British racers: not some overpaid foreign mercenaries.

riders at any level need a decent and safe track to race on. The surface at Central Park is awful considering it is over a year old. If things don't improve, the crowds will drop and none of us want that.
  • Like 5

About a decade ago, wasn't a Conference League meeting between Rye House and Newcastle correctly delayed for a few minutes when the referee of that meeting noticed the ambulance was developing a flat tyre ?

I wasn't there myself but remember a few who were in attendance reporting the referee on that occasion wouldn't let the action resume until the ambulance crew and pits mechanics had fitted the ambulance's spare tyre so that it would be fully operational in the event of being required to deal with any further crashes ... it was one of the most unusual delays, even by speedway standards, but fully understandable and appreciated once it was explained to the crowd.

In contrast, today's reports from Sittingbourne that races were allowed to be run after it was clear the trackside ambulance would not be venturing onto the track itself is a scandalous state of affairs for which both the promoter and the referee should face separate serious investigations by the SCB ... the promoter being responsible for providing the correct facilities for the ambulance to be able to get onto the track while the referee's ultimately responsible for the running of the meeting in as safe a manner as possible given the obvious dangers of the sport.

The insurance and legal repercussions would've been horrendous from a career-threatening (or worse) accident in which a rider's long-term health could clearly be proved to have been affected by ambulance kit not being available quickly enough to assist the victim because someone had decided that the ambulance couldn't be brought onto the track.

In the short-term, whoever's the next referee at Sittingbourne must be instructed not to let that meeting go ahead until the ambulance driver, the promoter and the stadium landlord can all agree that there is smooth access for the ambulance onto the track ... meanwhile, I wouldn't blame any rider refusing to take part if today's scenario with the ambulance crops up again.

• Like 2

no doubt parsloes 1928 nearly will be on here to explain everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

No - because, in case you've not noticed, the club do not (and indeed didn't last year either) deal with the BSF.

This Forum is an utterly unregulated website and I'd be surprised if any club had any truck with it - especially after some recent cases of quite disgraceful conduct, including bullying, going completely unchecked by the so-called 'moderators'.

All Kent Kings news is on the official website; lively debate on any subject concerning the club and the sport is available and encouraged within rules of decent behaviour (as opposed to this site)on Facebook.

• Like 1

Frankly the referee who presided over this debacle should also be ashamed of herself.

My understanding is that the referee was hampered by the very poor organisation - and that is something I can readily believe. My concern was over the ambulance being able to access the track - as has been said, if that was not possible the meeting should have been abandoned - but apparently the blue gates on the second turn could be opened for that purpose.

It is a matter of individual choice, but if meetings are as poor as that I know where they will go - and it won't be Kent Speedway.

I am a big NL fan but a three hour meeting, a shocking track and dreadful organisation would make me think twice about going again.

Even if you do intend to keep going every week, you should still be concerned what matches like that will do to your fan base.

No - because, in case you've not noticed, the club do not (and indeed didn't last year either) deal with the BSF.

This Forum is an utterly unregulated website and I'd be surprised if any club had any truck with it - especially after some recent cases of quite disgraceful conduct, including bullying, going completely unchecked by the so-called 'moderators'.

All Kent Kings news is on the official website; lively debate on any subject concerning the club and the sport is available and encouraged within rules of decent behaviour (as opposed to this site)on Facebook.

Then you are missing the opportunity to give reasonable explanation for that farce yesterday and respond to the strong, almost unanimous but totally fair (and completely decent) criticism stated here.

Some of us are not on facebook and regard official pages or forums with a degree of contempt where criticism of the club (however valid) is scarcely tolerated and people who are critical find themselves shown the door very quickly. Give me an 'unregulated' forum (with all its wind up merchants, trolls and verbal thugs) over one that is controlled by people with links to the promotion any day.

The really sad bit is the criticism of the promotion has meant that there has been little said about the performance of the riders. Morley was never really troubled and Kingston and Coles were impressive, the way young Connor held his line to beat Lambert especially so.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 9

My understanding is that the referee was hampered by the very poor organisation - and that is something I can readily believe. My concern was over the ambulance being able to access the track - as has been said, if that was not possible the meeting should have been abandoned - but apparently the blue gates on the second turn could be opened for that purpose.

I was with Len Silver when he detailed a security person to go and get the keys and open the gate, the security man never returned nor were the gates opened. Len also made Mr Cearns aware of this on his mobile and as he was doing so the Paramecic made his way onto the centre green and everything was quickly forgotten, had there been another serious crash and there nearly was in heat fifteen no ambulance would have been able to reach the track thus putting riders lives (some of who are vey young and inexperienced) at risk.

Incidentally Len was asked by Mr Cearns does the Referee know and if so why hasn't the reason for the delay been announced to appease the fans. Lens reply was the Referee is fully aware. That seems to be true given that Robert Henry was complaining to the referee about the Ambulance situation and the way Jack Kingston was treated.

We now have airfences and yet even the basic Health and Safety is breached. Have we forgotten Lee Richardson already?

The Co Promoters, Referee and Paramedic should all hang their heads in shame yesterday and thank their lucky stars that no riders were seriously injured.

What you say is correct but what you don't seem to understand is the high percentage of floating supporter that Kent attract, lots like me are Rye House Fans coming to support National League and many From Lakeside doing the same. It is those who you stand to lose and if that happened your local team would be no more. Equally you should understand that as a Bank Holiday there are many meetings to see and a lot of people were leaving early to visit other tracks. 70 minutes for 7 races is unacceptable. Had the meeting not dragged on i would have gone to Coventry to watch Lakeside my local club and in similar circumstances next bank holiday i will go elsewhere, Kents loss not mine.

• Like 3

You should ask why people left early - BECAUSE THE MEETING TURNED INTO A FARCE.

Fans would rather go to Elite meetings as they are much better run.

I would much prefer to go to my local team (Kings) and would not have thought about not going last year,but after yesterdays DISGRACE I am seriously thinking about NOT going next Monday.

AT THE END OF THE DAY KENT SPEEDWAY WILL BE THE LOSERS.

• Like 2

Surely in terms of on track medical assistance all that's needed is a 4x4 or something to collect the injured rider like they do at Coventry.

• Like 1

s..Both teams were weakened,,Mildenhall without Jacobs and Bates at the top end and Kings being without Benji Compton (wrist) and Brandon Freemantle( concussion).... .

Where was Josh Bates yesterday?

I understand that the riders are spread thin this year riding in all the leagues, but all these absentees from meetings spoils it for me, it seems most meetings at least 1 or 2 are missing.....

Surely in terms of on track medical assistance all that's needed is a 4x4 or something to collect the injured rider like they do at Coventry.

I'm sure even Coventry's 4x4 has quite a bit of crucial medical kit inside it to make sure it still satisfies the most basic level of "rapid response" requirement within speedway's rules for medical cover.

What was scandalous about yesterday is that it appears the whole combination of co-promoter, stadium landlord and referee allowed heats to still take place (and therefore the potential for dreadful crashes to occur) while fully aware that there couldn't be any rapid response by any medical vehicle.

All of which meant the actual level of rapid response amounted to how fast any medical staff could run to the wreckage while carrying what they'd had to assess in a matter of moments would be the right equipment to deal with the damage they were expecting to find.

I know of one crash a few years ago where the track doctors and ambulance crew expected to find broken bones only to discover a rider bleeding very badly from a deep cut ... thankfully they had all the right equipment available to deal with either broken bones or serious blood loss and what was briefly an extremely scary situation was successfully dealt with (albeit with the rider concerned needing several days in hospital).

I dread to think how horrible that scenario could've become if that rider's crash had occurred with yesterday's level of medical cover in place.

Josh has injured ribs after a nasty fall on Sunday, hence he wasn't fit to ride yesterday at Kent

• Like 1

About a decade ago, wasn't a Conference League meeting between Rye House and Newcastle correctly delayed for a few minutes when the referee of that meeting noticed the ambulance was developing a flat tyre ?

I wasn't there myself but remember a few who were in attendance reporting the referee on that occasion wouldn't let the action resume until the ambulance crew and pits mechanics had fitted the ambulance's spare tyre so that it would be fully operational in the event of being required to deal with any further crashes ... it was one of the most unusual delays, even by speedway standards, but fully understandable and appreciated once it was explained to the crowd.

In contrast, today's reports from Sittingbourne that races were allowed to be run after it was clear the trackside ambulance would not be venturing onto the track itself is a scandalous state of affairs for which both the promoter and the referee should face separate serious investigations by the SCB ... the promoter being responsible for providing the correct facilities for the ambulance to be able to get onto the track while the referee's ultimately responsible for the running of the meeting in as safe a manner as possible given the obvious dangers of the sport.

The insurance and legal repercussions would've been horrendous from a career-threatening (or worse) accident in which a rider's long-term health could clearly be proved to have been affected by ambulance kit not being available quickly enough to assist the victim because someone had decided that the ambulance couldn't be brought onto the track.

In the short-term, whoever's the next referee at Sittingbourne must be instructed not to let that meeting go ahead until the ambulance driver, the promoter and the stadium landlord can all agree that there is smooth access for the ambulance onto the track ... meanwhile, I wouldn't blame any rider refusing to take part if today's scenario with the ambulance crops up again.

If needed the ambulance goes onto the track ie in the Roynon case amd I imagine suspected back injuries but if it is a case ie Mon at Kent the car goes out almost like a triage if you will.

I was at Workington when Ingalls had his smash and the way forward then was to leave him on the track till the county ambulance arrived as they concluded it would be better just to move him the once.

Edited by TMW

You should ask why people left early - BECAUSE THE MEETING TURNED INTO A FARCE.

Fans would rather go to Elite meetings as they are much better run.

I would much prefer to go to my local team (Kings) and would not have thought about not going last year,but after yesterdays DISGRACE I am seriously thinking about NOT going next Monday.

AT THE END OF THE DAY KENT SPEEDWAY WILL BE THE LOSERS.

Shouting and Crazy Text

Please do not post in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS; this is the Internet version of shouting, and is irritating to many posters.

Bad form AJ. Be passionate about your sport by all means, but let's have a little less aggression please.

Am I missing something here? What's the point of coming onto this forum just to rip other people to shreds? I just don't see how that moves us forward. Surely what's important here is speedway. I can only assume that people who talk about withdrawing their support from their local team (if indeed this is their local team) have either never had their local track close, or have forgotten what it felt like.

I forgot. I lost contact with the sport after Crusaders folded in 1987 and I actually forgot what it was to shout for my team, and to cheer my riders. To stand on the bend and duck as the bikes roared past. To get covered in dust and get hit by the flying shale. I even forgot about that wonderful smell!

Until last year that is. I came, I saw, and I was immediately hooked all over again. I know I can't be the only one. Forget about the in-fighting and the back-biting and start getting positive for chrissakes. If you truly love the sport and have constructive ideas, tell your club. Don't just come on here all bitter and twisted, actually do something about it. Get involved.

Edited by Kent Whistle Gang
  • Like 1