British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Wolverhampton 7th May

Guest GiveusaB

No disrespect intended, but I am reading a lot of posts about Pawlicki's poor English???

Come on.....have you heard anybody from the black country speak? 'Ouch' !

I rest my case! :rofl:

shocking result for the wolves.... should have been a big 4 pointer last night.

No chance - they are just not good enough.

Tai Woffinden's hectic schedule surely was enough for him yesterday.

On Sunday good score in Poland with last heat big crash with Nicki P.

Monday morning physio and travel to UK and again not that bad performance against strong Poole side (heat 15 was disaster in terms of mistakes from him, lack of confidence was clearly visible when Pawlicki attacked from the back).

Airport and plane to Sweden on Tuesday and again very solid match.

And finally Wednesday back in UK when in my opinion he was simply exhausted. Heat 13 good example. Off best gate (1), missed the start completely and not able to catch Skora.

And I'm sure if he was fine in terms of match fitness, Adams would have put him in last heat decider.

All in all I think Tai is slowly getting better (still far from top form both him and machinery) and lad needs support rather then critics now.

Come on Woffy! Get some rest on Thursday and show us how good you are on Friday (Lakeside) and Saturday (Czestochowa). It will not get much easier with more meetings on Monday (UK) and Tuesday (Sweden) but at least you got Sunday free!

• Like 1

No disrespect intended, but I am reading a lot of posts about Pawlicki's poor English???

Says the dummie brummie

• Like 2

Tai Woffinden's hectic schedule surely was enough for him yesterday.

On Sunday good score in Poland with last heat big crash with Nicki P.

Monday morning physio and travel to UK and again not that bad performance against strong Poole side (heat 15 was disaster in terms of mistakes from him, lack of confidence was clearly visible when Pawlicki attacked from the back).

Airport and plane to Sweden on Tuesday and again very solid match.

And finally Wednesday back in UK when in my opinion he was simply exhausted. Heat 13 good example. Off best gate (1), missed the start completely and not able to catch Skora.

And I'm sure if he was fine in terms of match fitness, Adams would have put him in last heat decider.

All in all I think Tai is slowly getting better (still far from top form both him and machinery) and lad needs support rather then critics now.

Come on Woffy! Get some rest on Thursday and show us how good you are on Friday (Lakeside) and Saturday (Czestochowa). It will not get much easier with more meetings on Monday (UK) and Tuesday (Sweden) but at least you got Sunday free!

Any different from last years schedule?

Hope he gets his bum into gear for Cardiff otherwise we will have little to cheer about

Says the dummie brummie

Oh dear....lost our sense of humour have we ;)

Edited by Nigel

Guest GiveusaB

Says the dummie brummie

No sweat...I'm able to rise above that one ! 46-44 say's it all ! :t:

Any different from last years schedule?

Hope he gets his bum into gear for Cardiff otherwise we will have little to cheer about

Not much different I believe but surely Nickis foul on Sunday had some impact on Tai's fitness and with all travel in last 4 days I can imagine he was very tired.

He is only a human, not a machine.

Guest GiveusaB

Not much different I believe but surely Nickis foul on Sunday had some impact on Tai's fitness and with all travel in last 4 days I can imagine he was very tired.

He is only a human, not a machine.

Tired or not, Tai is definitely lacking something?

He said that he knows what it is and only he can do something about it ? (at the last Grand Prix).

I wish him all the best and hope he turns it around!

May be with all the injuries he's had and still having, it's affecting his strict training/diet regime?

As he threw everything in to it last year and was the consumate professional on and off the track!

The poster who has criticised Danny King for "leaving" Nico Covatti when they were on a 5-1 in heat 8 obviously isn't aware that Nico lost his steel shoe after only two laps and had to slow down, so Danny really had no option but to get clear rather than risk having Ricky Wells get past both of them.

Mention of Wells obliges me to say that this was the best I have seen him ride at Perry Barr and having also seen most of the Wolves home matches, I would suggest that his is a candidate for being the most improved rider of the season. I always saw him as a bit of a "plodder" in the past, but I think he deserves my apology for that!

• Like 3

Ile cukry byłby wy lubicie?

Są wy KKS?

• Like 1

That`s your opinion on what is up with Woffy. Doesn't make it right. It could be several things but its obvious to anyone watching him what the problem is.

Tai hasn't performed like this before so hardly a one trick pony. You don't become best in your sport be being a one trick pony.

By your own description the likes of Ward and Sayfutdinov are no trick ponies because they haven't yet won a title.

It really is strange watching Tai in comparison to last year.

He insists that he knows what is wrong and continues to imply it is mechanical.

He has blamed the wrong set up for his poor perfomance last night but surely he must know the set up for Perry Barr considering the number of times he has been there.

If it was purely mechanical surely he would have sorted it by now.

He has had a number of knocks but I suspect it could be more mental than physical.

I had the chance to watch him in the pits at Eastbourne last Saturday and his body language suggested someone who wasn't quite with it.

For much of the time he was sat in a chair and seemed phased out so I suspect he is just burnt out from all his publicity work and other things.

Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be rectifying itself very quickly.

Wolfie

• Like 2

I don't usually enjoy meetings at Birmingham but it's certainly not the worst track in the world. I did find a few points of interest, one being the sad sight of Tai Woffinden being continually beaten by riders who really shouldn't get near him. The other being the obvious progress that some Draft riders are making already, well done Joe Jacobs and Paul Starke in particular.

• Like 3

Tired or not, Tai is definitely lacking something?

He said that he knows what it is and only he can do something about it ? (at the last Grand Prix).

I wish him all the best and hope he turns it around!

May be with all the injuries he's had and still having, it's affecting his strict training/diet regime?

As he threw everything in to it last year and was the consumate professional on and off the track!

As you point out he says he knows what the problems are. Having suffered a back injury myself, I think a lot of his problems might stem from the away meeting at Leicester, where he had three bad crashes. He was lucky to walk away from the last two and then discharged himself from hospital to participate in the NZ Grand Prix. If he is suffering back problems, it would certainly impact on how he rides the back and might explain what we are seeing now in his performances.

His body language in the pits at Belle Vue wasn't brilliant either and he looks like a person experiencing discomfort. If he is still suffering from the crashes at Leicester and elsewhere, he might well be better advised, in the long term, taking a break and getting himself healthy. He has time on his side and I'm sure we would all prefer watching the Tai of 2013 then the Tai of today.

• Like 2

As you point out he says he knows what the problems are. Having suffered a back injury myself, I think a lot of his problems might stem from the away meeting at Leicester, where he had three bad crashes. He was lucky to walk away from the last two and then discharged himself from hospital to participate in the NZ Grand Prix. If he is suffering back problems, it would certainly impact on how he rides the back and might explain what we are seeing now in his performances.

His body language in the pits at Belle Vue wasn't brilliant either and he looks like a person experiencing discomfort. If he is still suffering from the crashes at Leicester and elsewhere, he might well be better advised, in the long term, taking a break and getting himself healthy. He has time on his side and I'm sure we would all prefer watching the Tai of 2013 then the Tai of today.

I agree, I was only 5/6 yards away from his first visit to our fence at Leicester, high speed and body and bike entwined.... His second and third appointments with our fence were pretty awful as well, he didn't look right before the meeting either in my opinion. I think it's a combination of very hard impacts on his body, his bikes seem hard for him to ride this year and his head.... He needs a run of crash free meetings, getting his bikes running smoothly and the head will sort itself out.......... I just can't be good for your racing demeanour, whenever you get involved in a scrap for points you end up in a big crash.. not just little slide-offs, I mean BIG crashes....

Edited by Shale Searcher

Riders goes up and down all the time, but I'm baffled by how Danny King can suddenly go from Lee Smart to Jason Crump, what on earth changed there ?.

Do you think it was because he was on his old bike? Neither he nor Ben have beed hitting the scores since they went with Team Revolution.