British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Premier League Pairs - Friday 11th July

Cracking meeting, great crowd, great racing, loved Masters indicating Fricke to slow down in the rerun of the Final

Edinburgh on a roll - Cookie to win the SGP tomorrow!

• Like 3

It was not far from a 50/50 call, the obvious one being all 4 back.

It was a decision that paid no attention to the entertainment of a good crowd, the Sky TV cameras and an audience willing to watch speedway on TV.

Hope you slept well McGregor - and wake up deciding to quit.

He will sleep well after he reads this forum,right up his street seeing his name mentioned in print.
  • Like 1

must say seeing Tatum raging that the Rebels didn't win was the icing on the cake

Wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been a Monarchs rider excluded.

Just wondering!!

• Like 1

Wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been a Monarchs rider excluded.

Just wondering!!

Probably the correct decision was made

Huge congrats to the Monarchs on winning the Pairs with their #2&3 riders. I haven't seen it on tv but from most posts it appears that the ref should have changed the rules because it was on tv???? Aye right....

There's more bitter in here than Wetherspoons!!

• Like 5

The final should have been all four back given the importance of the race and the meeting. Morris was given no option but to head for the fence. Had it been bends 3-4 fair enough. Same applies had it been the other way round..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

A great meeting ruined by the referee..

A shocking decision that negated any need to have a re-run.. :nono:

I am not saying anything about the exclusion although if it was 50/50 then all 4 back is normally the call.

What I find an absolute disgrace, and don't care what I get called, Monarchs were NOT deserved winners. Simply the reason why: speedway is a RACING sport and that is what they did not do in the re- run. Masters signalling to Fricke to slow down is a disgrace. Unportsmanship almost rubbing it in us Rebels faces.

The biggest prat tonight was Dick Barrie, what an absolute nonce, unbelievable. Talk about trying to be centre of attention.

• Like 3

Someone remind me where Mr McGregor is from!

From the west of scotland!! - that is, near Glasgow ;)

The final should have been all four back given the importance of the race and the meeting. Morris was given no option but to head for the fence. Had it been bends 3-4 fair enough. Same applies had it been the other way round..

Morris had plenty of options. When he didn't get over fricke at the start he could have cut back to the inside. He chose to try and blast around the outside and ran out of room.
  • Like 4

I am not saying anything about the exclusion although if it was 50/50 then all 4 back is normally the call.

What I find an absolute disgrace, and don't care what I get called, Monarchs were NOT deserved winners. Simply the reason why: speedway is a RACING sport and that is what they did not do in the re- run. Masters signalling to Fricke to slow down is a disgrace. Unportsmanship almost rubbing it in us Rebels faces.

Maybe thats because almost fenced himself on bend 4. Sam had every right to tell his partner to calm down a little

• Like 2

Morris had plenty of options. When he didn't get over fricke at the start he could have cut back to the inside. He chose to try and blast around the outside and ran out of room.

That's the way I saw it

i don't say this very often (if at all lol) but Jimmy Mc got the decision spot on in the final my bitter-loving Southern friends ;):t: Fantastic race meeting as once again the Premier league pisses over the so called Elite league on tv again.. fantastic and much deserved win by Sam & Max.Well done the lads in Blue & Gold :drink::party: