British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Belle Vue V Birmingham 19/5/14

Good win in the end but we made hard work of that! 12 makes it look like decent win but we struggled for most of the meeting against a very poor Birmingham team and should have won by more. Gate 4 was ridiculous advantage AGAIN which spoilt first half of meeting until evened out.

Disgraceful from Nermark, could tell in middle of bend he had no intention of turning and drove Nielsen from inside of apex right out into fence.

Crowd wasn't great tonight considering the good weather, maybe it was due to lack of meetings recently.

• Like 2

Interesting meeting without ever really getting exciting, track too slick really. Birmingham gave it a real go, and took advantage of a majority of gate 4 positions early on.

Still, onwards and upwards!!

Disgusting move by Nermark totally fenced Nielsen you could see its a mile off it was going to happen fkn idiot.

Belle Vue made hard work of it need to up there game because Birmingham are crap.

Based on this showing, and those against the Lions, there is no way on Gods earth the Aces can get to the play offs. I think this is mainly down to having an unreliable number 1, although the other heat leaders must take some of the blame :sad:

I do not include Nicholls in that statement.

Felt sorry for Nielsen last night. The David Moyes of speedway managers should have replaced Clegg with Nielsen in Heat 7, when he would have had a fair chance of benefiting from the advantage of gate four - race turned out to be a 2-4. Nermark's move on Nielsen was an absolute disgrace and what was a 5-1 at the time ended up as a 3-3 in the re-run. Finally, when he eventually replaced Clegg in Heat 14, for some reason Worrall charges up the inside of him and then forces hime to ride into bends one and two on the outside, where he didn't want to be, with the resultant fall and re-run turning a 5-1 into a 2-4.

Maybe Zagar was on a downer following the high of Tampere, but only he will know. For me, he had gates two and three in his first two rides, which were dead-man's gates on a very slick track. Despite that, I enjoyed the meeting and you have to give B'Ham credit for making a fist of it. Once again Scott was a pleasure to watch, he really should have come to BV years ago.

Disgraceful from Nermark, could tell in middle of bend he had no intention of turning and drove Nielsen from inside of apex right out into fence.

Admittedly I wasn't there, but isn't he within his right to try and block off a passing move ?, if the kid didn't back off and kept going wider and wider, who's faults that ?.

Disgusting move by Nermark totally fenced Nielsen you could see its a mile off it was going to happen fkn idiot.

Belle Vue made hard work of it need to up there game because Birmingham are crap.

You can talk about dubious racing lines, the amount of times I've seen Holder ride a track he's made up including the centre green on turn 1/2.

Admittedly I wasn't there, but isn't he within his right to try and block off a passing move ?, if the kid didn't back off and kept going wider and wider, who's faults that ?.

Nielsen was in front! BV were on 5-1 Nermark came up inside, wasn't sliding t-boned Nielsen and drove him from the inside right out to the fence resulting with Nielsen crashing heavily in air fence. Luckily he was able to walk away and was just winded I think.

Nielsen was in front! BV were on 5-1 Nermark came up inside, wasn't sliding t-boned Nielsen and drove him from the inside right out to the fence resulting with Nielsen crashing heavily in air fence. Luckily he was able to walk away and was just winded I think.

A Nermark special. Seen him do it many times. Worst was when he did it to Barker at Brandon circa-09 while riding for Eastbourne. Injured himself that day too, which was mildly amusing.

You can talk about dubious racing lines, the amount of times I've seen Holder ride a track he's made up including the centre green on turn 1/2.

If its Craig Cook at poole, then its a dirty move, otherwise it seems to be a "blocking manoevre" :lol:

If its Craig Cook at poole, then its a dirty move, otherwise it seems to be a "blocking manoevre" :lol:

The `blocking manoeuvre` - commonly known as the Poole version unless its pulled by anyone else. ;)

As One of the Brummies supporters who went on monday, you all correct about Nermark, stupid move from a very experience rider who had the inside line and could have got past Stefan on the next turn but choose instead to fence him, no other word for it, stupid move that could have put the bloke in hospital.

The best racing surface Ive seen at belle vue for a long time and thought you had a good crowd, not many Brummies there, but we aint getting many at home either.

It was the usual frizzle at the end for the Brummies, thankfully your number one was of from or you would have got more.

As One of the Brummies supporters who went on monday, you all correct about Nermark, stupid move from a very experience rider who had the inside line and could have got past Stefan on the next turn but choose instead to fence him, no other word for it, stupid move that could have put the bloke in hospital.

The best racing surface Ive seen at belle vue for a long time and thought you had a good crowd, not many Brummies there, but we aint getting many at home either.

It was the usual frizzle at the end for the Brummies, thankfully your number one was of from or you would have got more.

That was our worst crowd this season others have been quite a lot bigger, which was a surprise given the good weather and lack of meetings recently. Maybe the lack of meetings recently was the reason.