British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Witches V Bears Pl Wed 21-5-14

Exactly! Get all three points up and then call for a referees inspection.

Reg 15.11 - after heat 10 only the losing team can ask for a track inspection or seek an abandonment.

Very lucky to get that finished before the heavy stuff came along. Fair result, I cant remember many "abandoned after 10-12 at Foxhall over the years, so I certainly don't begrudge CL saving a few bob on the last 3 heats, naturally with the forecast, and it being an off night it was the smallest crowd of the season, around the 500 mark I thought.

Suit the home promotion that - 3pts and not having to pay last three heats with a less than average crowd turning up.

I've just got in after a horrendous journey home..believe you me, the right call was made, just a look at the heat 12 time!

Personally I was glad it was stopped when it was, my brolly was broken and I was getting soaked.

Shame the rain came as it had been a decent meeting.Done well to get in 12 heats despite a few stoppages.

Was definately the right decision regardless of the score. Lap 1 of heat 12 was like a normal heat but by the end of the race they were starting to aquaplane and tge time was nearly 6 seconds slower.

Rain was lashing down and hasnt stopped since.

The Witches just about deserved all 3 points.

Very impressed with Lawson - he has stepped up a notch for sure. Must be an outside bet for a World Cup place IMO.

• Like 1

I think the bears would have got a point if the weather had allowed all 15 heats. Both Aaron and Richard were looking good and with 13 and 15 to come. Luckily for us the rain came at just the right time.

Manzares is proving to be a very good signing for Ipswich. Looks a good little rider

Nice to see the Witches website was updated within a couple of hours after the meeting finished but maybe that's just because we won? During our recent bad run meeting reports have taken days to appear!

• Like 1

4-2 here for the witches needed and then call it off

Nice.

i wish the weather was a little better here today and we could repay the compliment

Nice.

i wish the weather was a little better here today and we could repay the compliment

is it already off then??

Nice.

It was a bit tongue in cheek but the weather was coming, where i live it was bucketing down about 20 mins before Foxhall and heading that way. The rain we got all through the night was much worse, plenty of thunder and lightning on the way home too.By the looks of it you are now having the weather we had last night! But like i said Lawson could have helped out Skidmore to get the 8-1, then Redcar would have taken a point.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

It was a bit tongue in cheek but the weather was coming, where i live it was bucketing down about 20 mins before Foxhall and heading that way. The rain we got all through the night was much worse, plenty of thunder and lightning on the way home too.By the looks of it you are now having the weather we had last night! But like i said Lawson could have helped out Skidmore to get the 8-1, then Redcar would have taken a point.

Aye, I knew it was! So was mine.

Apparently tonight's meeting is still on but, as further rain is forecast for the rest of the day, I can't see it going ahead. The track is supposedly ok as things stand, but I reckon a few more downpours might put pay to any racing tonight.

Fair point about the 8-1 scenario although I'm surprised that The Law didn't assist more as he's done so on a few occasions at the SteMP.

• Like 1

Track looks good from the pics on facebook, and not rained for a couple of hours now. If weather stays like this should be fine, need to avoid too much more rain though as erimus says.

Fancy a Bears win if it goes ahead. Lawson is in great form, and we have done fairly well at home so far. Graversen at reserve will again be the key, been excellent so far this season for us. Can see him getting 6 or 7 rides again tonight.

Always interesting to see Richie Worrall at the STMP!

Hopefully there will be the unexpected break in the weather just as happened last night.

If so and conditions are not lottery like then it will be a good battle.

Lawson and Summers looked on it last night and Wilko and Graversen looked more determined than I remember from previous recent visits ti Foxhall so Id expect the home fans to be confident.

I think the Witches will be up for it though and think we can sneak something out of this one.

No thread for Bears v Witches?

Is it still on.......?

their is now, most of us work here in middlesbrough you know ;)

Edited by mrmiddlesbrough