British Speedway Forum
rustyre bel1

Rebels V Tigers Fri 23rd May

Let's wait and see this might not be so easy as the last 4 week,track might be different with the rain that's coming,but if we ride it like we have the last four then should be ok,stead will get a few you feel and ty will be out to prove himself

Another comfy three points for the Rebels again I think. Steady should get a few, but I thought Lawson would as well last week and look what happened. Ty has nothing to prove his average 9+ says it all , on current form though Gary`s decision to go with Nick looks like a sound one.The man of the moment is Olly Allen who has shown great form recently , he has only not finished 1st twice in his last 16 starts at the OTA. Nick Morris is unbeaten in his last two meetings as well. The all round strength of the Rebels will see them through, last seasons score 68-23.

Another comfy three points for the Rebels again I think. Steady should get a few, but I thought Lawson would as well last week and look what happened. Ty has nothing to prove his average 9+ says it all , on current form though Gary`s decision to go with Nick looks like a sound one.The man of the moment is Olly Allen who has shown great form recently , he has only not finished 1st twice in his last 16 starts at the OTA. Nick Morris is unbeaten in his last two meetings as well. The all round strength of the Rebels will see them through, last seasons score 68-23.

when do you think olly will do heat 15,or is there a reason why he does not what to?

when do you think olly will do heat 15,or is there a reason why he does not what to?

How do you know he doesn't ?

It's the team managers decision who he nominates for Heat 15, and with the last four home meetings not being close, he's been able to put in others who qualified for the heat. With Brady being the only one who didn't take at least a point from those races, who can say he was wrong, not me. In the home meeting previous to those four, against Plymouth, when the score was tight, he rode H15, and the one before that he crashed and had to withdraw from the meeting. Against Newcastle he had bike problems all night, retiring from his last ride and only scoring 5-points.

Away from home in the challenge at Plymouth the two top scorers rode, with Ollie being the third highest, he rode in H15 in LC match at Peterborough, and was the only Rebel to scores a point, at Ipswich he rode H15 and fell, at Newcastle he was ill, and didn't ride in the meeting, because of his crash at home against Peterborough we ran R/R in the next two away meetings, at Plymouth he had a bad night, and didn't complete a race, and was replaced in his last ride, so he would never have been put in H15 under the circumstances, at Redcar another poor night, meant others were put in, and at Workington in the KO Cup match, where we needed to keep the scores tight, he rode H15 and fell.

Given all that, there is nothing in there that tells me he doesn't want to ride Heat 15, more likely he wasn't able to ride, or the team managers decision was that he didn't ride.

Edited by womble53
  • Like 4

It's the team managers decision who he nominates for Heat 15, and with the last four home meetings not being close, he's been able to put in others who qualified for the heat. With Brady being the only one who didn't take at least a point from those races, who can say he was wrong, not me. In the home meeting previous to those four, against Plymouth, when the score was tight, he rode H15, and the one before that he crashed and had to withdraw from the meeting. Against Newcastle he had bike problems all night, retiring from his last ride and only scoring 5-points.

Away from home in the challenge at Plymouth the two top scorers rode, with Ollie being the third highest, he rode in H15 in LC match at Peterborough, and was the only Rebel to scores a point, at Ipswich he rode H15 and fell, at Newcastle he was ill, and didn't ride in the meeting, because of his crash at home against Peterborough we ran R/R in the next two away meetings, at Plymouth he had a bad night, and didn't complete a race, and was replaced in his last ride, so he would never have been put in H15 under the circumstances, at Redcar another poor night, meant others were put in, and at Workington in the KO Cup match, where we needed to keep the scores tight, he rode H15 and fell.

Given all that, there is nothing in there that tells me he doesn't want to ride Heat 15, more likely he wasn't able to ride, or the team managers decision was that he didn't ride.

Well presented Mr T no argument there. You been having breakfast with Statman? there's more info in there than he could produce.

Hope you're keeping well mate see you soon.

• Like 1

Well, that answers that one. :t:

just remember, everytime the rebels hit 60 points at home puts thr future of the club in jeopardy. more points = more money to pay out. ok if the success is compensated by the attendance going up.some cash must stick with the promotors or its not worth doing. it cost hull a lot of money when they won the league agood few years back and it ruined the club financially. success comes at a price.hope you can pay for it.. do you see an increase in the level of the crowd or have you always had a good fan base. as long as you dont meet e/bra in the play offs , you are in with a shot of the league again..

Nice post Dave , one small criticism, the second paragraph could have done with a few full stops, I nearly passed out through lack of oxygen reading it. lol

• Like 3

guess that told me then!
  • Like 1

Nice post Dave , one small criticism, the second paragraph could have done with a few full stops, I nearly passed out through lack of oxygen reading it. lol

Try. Breathing. On. The. Coma's. Mate.........that helps, a bit

Found. I. Had. A. Few. Full. Stops. Hanging. Around. So. I. Thought. I'd. Use. Them. Here. To. Equalise. My. Two. Posts.............The only trouble is I've used up all the capital letters from my next post :P

guess that told me then!

:lol:

• Like 2

just remember, everytime the rebels hit 60 points at home puts thr future of the club in jeopardy. more points = more money to pay out. ok if the success is compensated by the attendance going up.some cash must stick with the promotors or its not worth doing. it cost hull a lot of money when they won the league agood few years back and it ruined the club financially. success comes at a price.hope you can pay for it.. do you see an increase in the level of the crowd or have you always had a good fan base. as long as you dont meet e/bra in the play offs , you are in with a shot of the league again..

Thanks for your concerns, and glad to see our fan base is now stretching out as far as Cumbria.

Rebels to hit 60+ again

• Like 1

Try. Breathing. On. The. Coma's. Mate.........that helps, a bit

Found. I. Had. A. Few. Full. Stops. Hanging. Around. So. I. Thought. I'd. Use. Them. Here. To. Equalise. My. Two. Posts.............The only trouble is I've used up all the capital letters from my next post :P

:lol:

Oh dear I am now taking too many breaths and have hiccups, see you at Rye on the 7th?

Tonight's Somerset v Sheffield PL match has been postponed due to waterlogged track.