British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Edinburgh Pl Sun 25th May 2014 @3p.m.

Linwood farm it is ...leaving car and getting liquid dinner yum yum

Bloody typical, sun has been shining for the last hour but the rain was awful prior to that. Gutted.

Been the same since time and memoriam, it's law of sod, Heather :wink: ....I lost count of the number of times when I was a kid back in the 70s/early 80s when the speedway was rained off on a Friday night and I would just go out and play with my pals and the sun would be splitting the trees.......I used to think my Dad was kidding me on that it was off, just so he could go to the pub!!! :mad::lol: ....and speaking of which, am off!! :drink:

Edited by mervjankefanclub
  • Like 3

The rain offs are stacking up now and then nxt Sun we have a Grieves tribute meeting!! Having had two testimonials I'm not sure how appropriate that is.

Double header for sure next month.

Been the same since time and memoriam, it's law of sod, Heather :wink: ....I lost count of the number of times when I was a kid back in the 70s/early 80s when the speedway was rained off on a Friday night and I would just go out and play with my pals and the sun would be splitting the trees.......I used to think my Dad was kidding me on that it was off, just so he could go to the pub!!! :mad::lol: ....and speaking of which, am off!! :drink:

Yep, dunno how many times ive been driving to ashfield and as soon as i hit possil it starts raining. Hope u have a good one merv :)

• Like 1

sitting in the Horseshoe at half 1 and it was battering down . Not a drop of rain since . I never saw the track , but it recovered quick after the pre meeting downpour at the Rye House meeting . Did we jump in and cancel too quick i wonder

One positive fromm today is we might have a stronger looking 1-7 when we next face our nearest and dearest at our place.

is that a 'I know something you dont know' post George? lol ;)

One positive fromm today is we might have a stronger looking 1-7 when we next face our nearest and dearest at our place.

Oh please dont set them off :shock:

• Like 2

is that a 'I know something you dont know' post George? lol ;)

If only!

sitting in the Horseshoe at half 1 and it was battering down . Not a drop of rain since . I never saw the track , but it recovered quick after the pre meeting downpour at the Rye House meeting . Did we jump in and cancel too quick i wonder

You could right. This will be another financial disaster. :cry:

You could right. This will be another financial disaster. :cry:

I know you go up early , did you see the track ?

I know you go up early , did you see the track ?

Heavy rain when I arrived, track looked pretty bad. Not much could have done whilst it was raining but they maybe could have when it stopped. They had three tractors going round tyre packing a couple of weeks ago and the track ended up on the dry side. Of course it turned out a nice night :cry: As most supporters have to travel a bit to get to the track maybe they could have held off a bit longer.

Edited by tyretrax

Heavy rain when I arrived, track looked pretty bad. Not much could have done whilst it was raining but they maybe could have when it stopped. They had three tractors going round tyre packing a couple of weeks ago and the track ended up on the dry side. Of course it turned out a nice night :cry: As most supporters have to travel a bit to get to the track maybe they could have held off a bit longer.

I thought the same . There was no rain at all in the city centre after that really heavy shower just before one o clock .

The rain seems to come through in bands believe me the track was not rideable at the time it was called off a got steadily worse as the heavy rain came down. Not so many miles away it was a deal drier but not so at Ashfield.

The rain seems to come through in bands believe me the track was not rideable at the time it was called off a got steadily worse as the heavy rain came down. Not so many miles away it was a deal drier but not so at Ashfield.

Yeah i heard , it's ok we're beginning to expect it to be off every Sunday