Workington

1 Stuart Robson

2 Mason Campton

3 Ricky wells

4 Kyle Howarth

5 Rene Bach

6 Chris Mills

7 Ashley Morris

Weather forecast is reasonable between now and Saturday evening so having gone so close earlier in the season I`m sure Workington will be fancying their chances.

Read in this morning's Sun that Matej Kus has chose to ride here for Berwick rather in Slovenia in a European qualifier . Costing him a fair bit of money . I know he gets a bit of criticism , but credit to him for putting his club before financial gain .

• Like 5

Read in this morning's Sun that Matej Kus has chose to ride here for Berwick rather in Slovenia in a European qualifier . Costing him a fair bit of money . I know he gets a bit of criticism , but credit to him for putting his club before financial gain .

Helps that the club have put faith in him and he's starting to reap the scores we know he's capable of :approve:

• Like 3

Had it not been for Berwick its fair to say Kus would not have had a team over here, so if he is paying back the faith Berwick showed in him then fair play to the lad. He has hit some decent form of late, and going with a NL guest as Berwick would've had to do would've been hopeless, lets hope Kus is rewarded with a big score this Saturday.

• Like 5

it will be good to see the m kus at worky tomorrow. he has got it. but it comes in bits and pieces.. can vissing keep his head on this time .

• Like 1

I noticed that in the recent Bandits' newsletter.

Great to see Matej showing such commitment to the club.

He looks to be very happy and brimming with confidence.

All the critics and unsure folk have been pleasantly surprised in recent weeks.

I have to admit, I was unsure when we signed him.

A real make-or-break season that is looking much more likely to be make rather than break over recent meetings.

I get the feeling that his crucial heat 15 battle to win us all 3 points on Saturday could be a real boost.

• Like 1

I noticed that in the recent Bandits' newsletter.

Great to see Matej showing such commitment to the club.

He looks to be very happy and brimming with confidence.

All the critics and unsure folk have been pleasantly surprised in recent weeks.

I have to admit, I was unsure when we signed him.

A real make-or-break season that is looking much more likely to be make rather than break over recent meetings.

I get the feeling that his crucial heat 15 battle to win us all 3 points on Saturday could be a real boost.

I was delighted Berwick signed him, I thought he would be the key rider if we were to have a decent season. Fair to say he got off to an indifferent start to the season but over the last few meetings he has shown a consistent level of performance and scoring that could be a huge plus to Berwick.

• Like 1

I was delighted Berwick signed him, I thought he would be the key rider if we were to have a decent season. Fair to say he got off to an indifferent start to the season but over the last few meetings he has shown a consistent level of performance and scoring that could be a huge plus to Berwick.

I'll admit that I was unsure due to his previous inconsistency, but I agree his last few meetings have been very strong.

I remember the potential he showed when he first came to the UK, maybe this will be his year.

I'm very quickly becoming converted!

If fans talk to riders they can find out whats wrong. matej is very approachable and will tell you last year for him was a bad time. initially starting with the sad death of his room mate in argentina. then things just didnt go right at redcar. this season his initial problems were mechanical with problems with exhaust valves on bike. now they are sorted and we are seeing the real matej. I have known matej as a friend since before he came to the uk and i can honestly say he looks happier than i have seen him for a long tome. In his heart he has always wanted to ride for berwick and if he hadnt got injured in his second meeting in his previous stint he would probably looked on by fans with the same esteem as adrian and michael. Hopefully his confidence will stay high and scores will continue to be high.

• Like 4

If fans talk to riders they can find out whats wrong. matej is very approachable and will tell you last year for him was a bad time. initially starting with the sad death of his room mate in argentina. then things just didnt go right at redcar. this season his initial problems were mechanical with problems with exhaust valves on bike. now they are sorted and we are seeing the real matej. I have known matej as a friend since before he came to the uk and i can honestly say he looks happier than i have seen him for a long tome. In his heart he has always wanted to ride for berwick and if he hadnt got injured in his second meeting in his previous stint he would probably looked on by fans with the same esteem as adrian and michael. Hopefully his confidence will stay high and scores will continue to be high.

I hope so for the rider's sake , but fans aren't interested in excuses . The majority of fans don't interact with the riders , they roll up every week and want their team to do well . And if a rider underperforms , they can only go by what they see on the track . We have the same problem at Glasgow with Kevin Wolbert . A talented rider who's scores are suffering , so we are told , by ongoing mechanical problems . Yes you feel sorry if a rider is struggling because of things like that , but the bottom line is when a heat leader underperforms , the team suffers as a whole and the fans get disgruntled .

Kus has shown great loyality , to Berwick this weekend , and that kind of attitude of putting the team before personal gain deserves any rewards it may bring .

• Like 4

That's two bigeddiechek likes to my posts, it wont last surely. :D

I hope so for the rider's sake , but fans aren't interested in excuses . The majority of fans don't interact with the riders , they roll up every week and want their team to do well . And if a rider underperforms , they can only go by what they see on the track . We have the same problem at Glasgow with Kevin Wolbert . A talented rider who's scores are suffering , so we are told , by ongoing mechanical problems . Yes you feel sorry if a rider is struggling because of things like that , but the bottom line is when a heat leader underperforms , the team suffers as a whole and the fans get disgruntled .

Kus has shown great loyality , to Berwick this weekend , and that kind of attitude of putting the team before personal gain deserves any rewards it may bring .

Two excellent posts, I admit I`m as guilty as the next man at judging riders from what I see on track, I wouldn't know any of the current Berwick riders so its all I have to go on.

• Like 1

That's two bigeddiechek likes to my posts, it wont last surely. :D

Depends if you keep talking sense or not!

Now some on here would be calling you a bottom-licker in the past for supporting a rider.

I know I've certainly had it.

But it's good to see you supporting riders and the club instead of looking to find fault.

It's also sparked off a bit of decent discussion.

Kus, in my opinion, has started to step up to the mark, Wolbert is an example of how finely balanced it can be.

If Matej becomes the next Adrian or Michal, the Shielfield is going to be a very happy place. On recent meetings I don't see any reason why that can't happen either.

• Like 1

Depends if you keep talking sense or not!

Now some on here would be calling you a bottom-licker in the past for supporting a rider.

I know I've certainly had it.

But it's good to see you supporting riders and the club instead of looking to find fault.

It's also sparked off a bit of decent discussion.

Kus, in my opinion, has started to step up to the mark, Wolbert is an example of how finely balanced it can be.

If Matej becomes the next Adrian or Michal, the Shielfield is going to be a very happy place. On recent meetings I don't see any reason why that can't happen either.

Talking sense, like I say it probably wont last. :D

Bottom-licker, I`ve been called a lot worse. On the riders, I post what I see, Kus`s scores and performances of been decent of late after a stuttering start, for reason already put forward by Spittalbandit. Kus now needs to find a consistent level both home and away, if he does Berwick have a rider who can provide the scores necessary to win meetings, it would also take the pressure off a rider like Carr who is finding points hard to come by just now.

Talking sense, like I say it probably wont last. :D

Bottom-licker, I`ve been called a lot worse. On the riders, I post what I see, Kus`s scores and performances of been decent of late after a stuttering start, for reason already put forward by Spittalbandit. Kus now needs to find a consistent level both home and away, if he does Berwick have a rider who can provide the scores necessary to win meetings, it would also take the pressure off a rider like Carr who is finding points hard to come by just now.

Agree, with Kus and Jensen hitting form we could have a very good season.

I like the start we have made.