British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Poole 26/05

'We're going to give it another half an hour' the PA said.......the riders all went and got changed! Pretty obvious outcome in the end. Sometimes we (and I include myself here) should take notice of the forecasts!!!!

my girlfriend is not happy, she's soaking wet and she also can't watch Darcy now (her favorite rider)

She needs some track covers then

Although my opinion counts for the square route of bugger all and I'm no expert and just a complete wild guess plucked from thin air but maybe because it is RAINING?

Why do you talk in riddles. What has that got to do with anything I posted, I'm no expert and just a complete wild guess plucked from thin air, but oh yea nothing.

Why do you talk in riddles. What has that got to do with anything I posted, I'm no expert and just a complete wild guess plucked from thin air, but oh yea nothing.

Have a day off !!!! What the rain? Yiu asked why everyone was talking about the weather. I replied

Have a day off !!!! What the rain? Yiu asked why everyone was talking about the weather. I replied

No I didn't I said stop whinging about the rain.

No I didn't I said stop whinging about the rain.

You also said the meeting would be on and I'm sat at home. So remind me who it is that talks rubbish now ?

• Like 1

The weather forecast said Showers, not persistent 3 hours worth of rain.

I apologise for being optimistic, and you do talk rubbish, that's when it's possible to actually understand what the hell you do go on about.

Edited by nightshift

The weather forecast said Showers, not persistent 3 hours worth of rain.

I apologise for being optimistic, and you do talk rubbish, that's when it's possible to actually understand what the hell you do go on about.

Apology accepted. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I hope that is not too taxing for you

Edited by TMW

Was going to come along today but decided against when I viewed the weather forecast glad we gave it a miss .

Stop whinging about the bloody weather. Showers have been forecast that's all, this meeting will be on.

Ooops

Stop whinging about the bloody weather. Showers have been forecast that's all, this meeting will be on.

This meeting was OFF as it poured down with HEAVY RAIN so I guess you were wrong ;)

my girlfriend is not happy, she's soaking wet and she also can't watch Darcy now (her favorite rider)

Bless her , stick dvd on when she comes home ..that may help relieve her frustration ..

I am a Lions fan and live 25 miles from BP. I run a local weather station there and the rainfall has been minimul I have just checked the rainfall close to BP and over the last 2 days we have had less than half an inch of rain in 2 days. So what is the problem with the tracks and why do they have to cancel mettings. That amount of rain should easily soak away on the track, so doe's the problem lay with the tracks.

Are they packed so hard these days that it stops the rain from soaking away into the surface, this to me seams a logical answer. I could understand it if we had something like 2 inches in a few hours but not with the amount of rain we had over the last 2 days. Something is terribly wrong somewhere.

When I arrived at 1:30 the track was dry and the weather was dry. There was some water on the track but not serious. From approx 2:15 It rained almost continously, sometimes hard. The forecast was rain early evening not mid afternoon and so I feel that an early call off was not an option. After the announcement, DH walked around the terracing apologising to those that were still there: I think that was a decent gesture which he did not have to make.

• Like 2

Not to worry deflate her, pop her back in the box and she will be dry by the time you blow her up again when hes riding next !! :)

• Like 9

my girlfriend is not happy, she's soaking wet and she also can't watch Darcy now (her favorite rider

Very strange. Most young girls usually get a bit wet when they HAVE seen Darcy Ward!! - apparently!! :D:rofl:

• Like 2