British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Birmingham 26th May 2014

Okay guys - fair enough.

The reason I haven't heard of him is simply because I NEVER watch the GP Series.

And I never watch it as a I truly believe it is the main reason why Speedway in this Country (particularly in our league) is in the state it is in. I despise the very concept of it; and so I find myself unable to be a hypocrite by watching it.

Just to add that Egon Muller once stood on the 1st position on a podium as World Champion.........didn't make him a great addition to a Uk-based British League team though, did it? ;)

• Like 1

Very mixed weather forecasts. Net office has heavy showers all afternoon whilst the weather channel and net weather have only 20% chance of showers. We will have to keep fingers crossed

Okay guys - fair enough.

The reason I haven't heard of him is simply because I NEVER watch the GP Series.

And I never watch it as a I truly believe it is the main reason why Speedway in this Country (particularly in our league) is in the state it is in. I despise the very concept of it; and so I find myself unable to be a hypocrite by watching it.

Just to add that Egon Muller once stood on the 1st position on a podium as World Champion.........didn't make him a great addition to a Uk-based British League team though, did it? ;)

You are entitled to your opinio s but:

1. While the gp has deprived the uk of rider s fir friday/saturday race nights, there are many factors which have contributed much more heavily to the decline of the el

2. By not wagching the gps you really are missing out on some excellent speedway, and i find it sad that genuine soeedway fans miss out on thr pinnacle of the sport they love out of some sense of "principle"

3. Egon would have been a top notch bl rider if he had committed to it, no question. In fact, it would have improved him as a rider and he could have been more of a threat in other finsls (remember 81 he finished ahead of the likes of lee morton nielsen without the home advantage he enjoyed in 83).

Just looked at several weather forecasts, I don't think they have a clue themselves. Some say a mainly dry day with a odd shower while a couple have rain all day. Let's hope we are lucky for tonight.

• Like 1

Just looked at several weather forecasts, I don't think they have a clue themselves. Some say a mainly dry day with a odd shower while a couple have rain all day. Let's hope we are lucky for tonight.

They are very conflicting. Was the same Friday when it was still saying dry all day whilst we were having heavy rain.

Weather was lovely yesterday and sunny at the moment so the track should be able to take some showers. Its heavy rain that would be the problem.

They are very conflicting. Was the same Friday when it was still saying dry all day whilst we were having heavy rain.

Weather was lovely yesterday and sunny at the moment so the track should be able to take some showers. Its heavy rain that would be the problem.

Not much chance of this being on.

Edited by Game On

Very mixed weather forecasts. Net office has heavy showers all afternoon whilst the weather channel and net weather have only 20% chance of showers. We will have to keep fingers crossed

If the 'Net office' is predicting heavy showers it must start to rain cats and dogs-------and fish(?!) at some point!! :D

• Like 1

Dry in Coventry at moment but very overcast.

Summers has posted on facebook:

Loving getting a call for a guest booking for tonight, black n yellow again.

Who is he riding instead of?

Well its Not dry anymore.

Summers in for Fisher.

Edited by deanr1

FISHER RULED OUT

Monday May 26, 2014

COVENTRY'S American star Ryan Fisher has been ruled out of tonight's clash with Birmingham due to injury.

Aaron Summers steps in as a guest replacement for the Buildbase Bees, who are awaiting news on the extent of Fisher's injury.

Light rain in Coventry at the moment.

Got no chance. Forecast saying heavy rain now

They are all different. Met office saying heavy showers whilst weather channel & free radio saying light rain until 3pm then dry with chance of occasional light showers

FISHER RULED OUT

Monday May 26, 2014

COVENTRY'S American star Ryan Fisher has been ruled out of tonight's clash with Birmingham due to injury.

Aaron Summers steps in as a guest replacement for the Buildbase Bees, who are awaiting news on the extent of Fisher's injury.

Light rain in Coventry at the moment.

They are all different. Met office saying heavy showers whilst weather channel & free radio saying light rain until 3pm then dry with chance of occasional light showers