British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Swindon V Belle Vue 26/5/14

Started to rain.....

Is there dogs today?....does that effect any possiblity of covering the track?...if not considering some forcast's covering the circuit would be the wisest option....maybe?!

Yes dog racing is taking place, last race 6.18.

Light drizzle in old town for the last 15 mins.

BBC weather forecast for Blunsdon http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2636389 is not good and has potentially meant a no show decision from me already and that from someone who lives 50 miles to the west.

Skpy Speedway tweeted earlier "Tonight's meeting latest news is light rain then stopping at 20.00. Swindon are hopeful meeting will go ahead. We will update SS1@19.30"

Are Sky using their own weather forecast then? A look at current radar and also a couple of hours ahead shows rain heading in the direction of the track. Whilst at this time of the day it's not covering the whole sky i just had a look at the Met Office hour by hour charts and they've certainly got heavy rain at several times ahead of the meeting for the local Blunsdon area.

Edited by manchesterpaul

There will be no meeting tonight unless the track is covered 100% sure of it

They are not usually allowed to work on the track or the drainage while the dogs are running round.

If they do cover the track, a very difficult job, the water has to go somewhere and the drainage away from the track is the problem.

Yep and started to rain hagonshocker beat me to it,

I said where do you live in Swindon? Im a mile from the track and its only been very light rain.

To answer my own question lol...taken from the official BV site

SWINDON: Peter Kildemand, Simin Gustafsson, Nick Morris, Dakota North, Troy Batchelor ©, Nathan Greaves, Steve Worrall

BELLE VUE: Matej Zagar, Richie Worrall, Scott Nicholls, Michael Palm Toft, Craig Cook ©, Brendan Johnson (G), Charles Wright (G)

I would have thought Wright should be at 6 as he is replacement for Nielsen who was originally at 6.

not a lot of rain so far but the radar suggest a steady line of showers on the way.

I said where do you live in Swindon? Im a mile from the track and its only been very light rain.

You won't get an answer to that one!

Just tweeted by Sky Sports

Sky Sports Speedway ‏@SkySpeedway 7m

No rain of any note on track so far, keeps missing us, long may it do so.

You won't get an answer to that one!

Like I said - it won't answer that one!! :rolleyes:

Cant see Nicholls being better at Swindon than any of our top 3, esp Killer.

And Worrall is absolute gash at Swindon.

Where do you live in Swindon gater? Whats the weather currently doing?

Worrall was their top scorer last time, so if the Zagarmeister and Cookie get their act together could make life difficult for Swindon, although yet again the weather could disrupt the meeting. With Sky there though would have to be bad for it to be called off!

The heavy rain due between 1 and 2 missed Swindon, now just grey cloud over stadium.

They have taken the blown up inner tubes off the dogs for the first race so track ok.

Yes he will and go and troll elsewhere.thecoombdog and Steve0 you really do nothing but troll around do you just because I say it is raining you try to tell me where I live honestly don't bother asking me anything because I wont reply.

Honestly :nono::nono::nono::nono:

Do you know me and do you know where I live NO well hush in future I live in Swindon but if you don't want to believe it then fine I know where I live and you don't ;););) ;)

I am a Stratton st Margaret man can you tell me where that is? prove to me you are a Wiltshire boy.?