British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Sweetman

Wolves V Eastbourne 26/05/14

Eastbourne have home advantage but really struggle away from home.

Wolves looking solid

Very solid team performance and to be honest, Eastbourne did well to get 32 points as they hardly even troubled the home team and you couldn't see any race where they were not going to stop the run of last places and were even gifted a few points too.

After a big crash in the first turn of heat one which saw the Eagles pair crash into the fence and Woffy having to bail out, Bjarne Pedersen shot from the gate and looked to have the race sewn up until Jacob Thorssell burst through and was followed in style by Tai Woffinden and a great 5-1 was nearly followed by another in heat two but Josh Bates made a mistake on turn four, lap three and Halsey was through.

Pawlicki burst through in heat three and Ricky Wells tried to join him but a 4-2 was nearly followed by another 5-1 until Josh Bates yet again made a mistake in the same place and Lahti took second to make it 17-7 which flattered the visitors. Kylmakorpi made the gate in the next as the Wolves pairing made mistakes out of turn two and was off into the sunset. However Woffy set after him and passed him on the last lap until he reared on turn four and couldn't correct it in time to stay in front.

Michelsen made the gate in the next only to be challenged by Wells and Proctor who got through Pedersen who retired on the last lap. It appears the heat one crash gave him semi concussion and he wasn't to be seen again. Woodward made it look respectable with a tactical win but the writing was on the wall and a 5-1 from Wells/Proctor in heat 8 was followed by another in the next as Bates made no mistake this time.

This was to continue with heat advantages til the end and while Eastbourne offered little resistance, Wolves were on it and 15 heats with every rider scoring in each heat gave Wolves an easy 61-32 win with Woodward possibly the best from the Eagles but this was nowhere near enough and the got spanked big time.

WOFFY 12+2; One mistake cost him a maximum ..... JACOB 9; again does a solid performance ...... RICKY 6+1 ...... In the mix ....... TY 9+1 More like the 2013 version ...... PIOTR 12+2 Near faultless but this time missed the gate a few times ..... JOSH 5+1 Could have been 7+3 but for two mistakes ..... ASHLEY 8+2 Shows the format is wrong with a paid ten score by beating only draft riders

Whatever happened to the Wolves v Eastbourne matches that were impossible to predict? Close home & away, either team could & did win away. Now just demolition jobs.

• Like 1

TNT why doesn t it work ( draft ) and your comments seem to put Ashley down for doing his job ?? Everyone I speak to in speedway says draft is working but it's not a overnight thing it ll take time

• Like 1

Whatever happened to the Wolves v Eastbourne matches that were impossible to predict? Close home & away, either team could & did win away. Now just demolition jobs.

Karlsson & Pedersen? Lol

Another bad away performance from the Eagles surely team changes need to be made. What changes would Eagles fans like to see?

To be fair, the Eagles effectively lost their number one in heat one, and that would be tough for any team.

once eastbourne had no blackbird they were a million anyway, the top 5 are way too inconsistent away from home,hence why theyve only got one away point and dont look like improving on that paltry figure

Thought the track was as good for the first half of the meeting as of any at Monmore this season.With the expected deluge forcast all day,the surface wasnt overwatered prior to the meeting like its normally done.

Hope the track staff have learnt their lesson from last night,and just keep the water to a minimum.

• Like 1

To be fair, the Eagles effectively lost their number one in heat one, and that would be tough for any team.

Swindon came to Eastbourne on Saturday without a no.1 and with no facility to cover... they still scored a creditable 37 points...

Eastbourne lost their no.1 at Wolverhampton after 2 rides and were able to cover the other 2 rides with their heat leaders under R/R... but still only managed a pathetic 32 points...

I really don't think Eastbourne as a club are that bothered about what happens away from Arlington... but that could eventually come back to bite them...

The Eastbourne management are full of retoric and hot air about making the play-offs and challenging for silverware... lots of blah blah blah... but they preside over a club that has now lost 29 away matches on the trot... a run during which they have managed just a woeful 5 losing bonus points...

At the moment something like 800 to 1,000 diehards still turn up at Arlington on a match to match basis... but from the rumblings that I'm hearing, even some of the most died in the wool Eagles supporters (including myself) are getting close to running out of patience...

We have Bellerby telling us what a strong top 5 we have...

We have Geer telling us that an away success is just around the corner...

We have Woodward telling us that he can't see there being a problem...

Exactly how stupid do they think we are...?

It needs a major re-think and change of attitude for Eastbourne to get back to anything like the proud and successful club that they once were... and under the current regime I really can't see that happening anytime soon...

It's quite pathetic...

Edited by FromRebelToEagle
  • Like 3

Eastbourne are going through the motions imv...crowds are dwindling...they need to relay the track to get some excitement back...surely they would be better off in the PL..

right I dont often post on here in big detail but im going to.

Eagles always ride poor away from home for the one reson we r a team thats like a family its all cooshty around the home track everyones happy but away theres no spirit or anything.

We need to sign blackbird as a full asset so we have priority over peterborough, I know from a strong source we have tried but chris louis wont sell him apparently.

I think 2 changes are needed not sure who id replace them with but definately pedersen and lahti need to go I feel, also away from home I think the line up would be better like this as a top 5. Jk,lahti,michelsen,cam,bjarne. But eagles wont change nothing they will just keep the same 7 and the same order thats being proved out to not work at all

Rant over

Edited by steven101
  • Like 1

But Geer has never had an idea blokes a joke

Sadly a fair few Eagles supporters would agree with you... and also tell you that he's not the only one currently at the club...

right I dont often post on here in big detail but im going to.

Eagles always ride poor away from home for the one reson we r a team thats like a family its all cooshty around the home track everyones happy but away theres no spirit or anything.

We need to sign blackbird as a full asset so we have priority over peterborough, I know from a strong source we have tried but chris louis wont sell him apparently.

I think 2 changes are needed not sure who id replace them with but definately pedersen and lahti need to go I feel, also away from home I think the line up would be better like this as a top 5. Jk,lahti,michelsen,cam,bjarne. But eagles wont change nothing they will just keep the same 7 and the same order thats being proved out to not work at all

Rant over

Agree with you about Blackbird... but if they wont sell we're stuffed...

He and Michelsen are the only 2 of the current team who have performed up to scratch so far this season... any of the others could be shown the door... but they won't be...

But you say you want JK at no.1 for away matches... do you realise that his away average so far is a dreadful 3.84...????

Edited by FromRebelToEagle

Yes but it would make us stronger in some other heats, if we got rid of bjarne n timo and had a decent top rider then jk wudnt be at 1 but truth is whoever we have at no.1 will struggle because we dont have a no.1 out and out scorer consistancy.

We lack a ward, iversen, kildemand, woffinden, zagar type rider.