British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird

Leicester Lion Cubs Vs. Stoke (nt)

Lions cubs won this, 47-46, very good meeting, last heat decider after Lions 14 pts up halfway stage... Jon Armstrong, blew away cobwebs scored a 6 tactical ride, beat quality opposition at this level, decent crowd in as well.. Well done to all concerned..........

Hope Alex Wright is ok after trip to hospital..

Lions cubs won this, 47-46, very good meeting, last heat decider after Lions 14 pts up halfway stage... Jon Armstrong, blew away cobwebs scored a 6 tactical ride, beat quality opposition at this level, decent crowd in as well.. Well done to all concerned..........

Hope Alex Wright is ok after trip to hospital..

honourable mention to Rob Shuttleworth

five falls in his first five rides, then a last, and then he won heat 14 to set up the last heat decider

• Like 1

I went along to this yesterday not expecting to much.

But, I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Nice weather, decent racing and no Chris Popple. :t:

Defiantly be going again.

• Like 1

But, I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Nice weather, decent racing and no Chris Popple. :t:

That is nice to read. The nasty crash in heat 2 delayed the match quite a bit and lasted longer than a normal match would do but in the nice sunny weather it didn't matter too much. A fairly decent crowd as well which is always good to see.

Max Clegg is certainly upping his NL game due to his EL experience and getting down into the 62 second mark shows the improvement that he has made.

Well done also to Cubs TM Dave Howard for managing to field a team after so many withdrawals due to various issues.

Best meeting I've seen at BP, even got a few passes and several tight races. Maybe this is the level of racing the track is best suited to.