British Speedway Forum
HadrianDog

Newcastle Vs Edinburgh {1.6.14 At 6.30}

I was told that a rider's GSA calculation is limited to two decimal points and in the event of two or more riders having the same figure, the previous Green Sheet(s) Averages are then taken into account to determine the team order based on averages.

If correct, Sneddon will be no. 5, and Steve Worrall no. 6 for Monarchs averages w.e.f. Sunday.

I originally thought the same but asked the question and Neil kindly posted up the reg which mentioned going to the third or more decimal places.

Even then you dont choose when identical where the riders have established averages (in this case Sneddon would stay in place as the previously highest ranked of the two)

So it seems there is a definitive position but until someone releases the figures used for the calculations ( total points and rides for each) we dont know what it really is.

We should all be used to not really knowing by now!

As for the meeting, I think it will be a tough one, not convinced that we will win. I think Stevie staying at reserve will be the difference, hopefully pull another one off.

Been said by those usually ITK on our Facebook page that Steve will remain at reserve for this month. Better choice and hopefully it's true!

Because they are the same we can pick who we want to have at reserve.

Its a shame the BSPA listings no longer show the figures.In the past it would have meetings rides points average. Then we wouldnt be in the dark with these matters.

I was told that a rider's GSA calculation is limited to two decimal points and in the event of two or more riders having the same figure, the previous Green Sheet(s) Averages are then taken into account to determine the team order based on averages.

If correct, Sneddon will be no. 5, and Steve Worrall no. 6 for Monarchs averages w.e.f. Sunday.

To be quite honest, I don't think it really matters who's in the main body and who's at reserve, as whoever is at reserve should score an absolute s**t load of points, not just tomorrow but for the next month.

To be quite honest, I don't think it really matters who's in the main body and who's at reserve, as whoever is at reserve should score an absolute s**t load of points, not just tomorrow but for the next month.

Deek has said himself that he hasn't been good enough. But I like the balance of the team the way it is at the moment, I think Deek and Max make a decent pairing. His fall to reserve is obviously only a matter of time, and I don't think he will score quite as many points as Stevie from there. But only time will tell if Stevie steps up and outscores Deek from a team place.

I don't think it matters either which one is at reserve.

I'm useless at predictions, but I reckon either Newcastle or Edinburgh will win, with an outside chance of a draw.

• Like 1

If only every team's problems were who out of two 5.35 riders were going to be at reserve to score a 's**t load of points', we'd all be laughing but unfortunately that is not the case :(

:P :P Newcastle home win but only by 2 points with a Danny King and Lewis Kerr last heat decider :D

• Like 1

*** I agree Sneddon woukd score lots at reserve so from that point of view it diesnt matter.

Where is does matter is to have it right in line with the regs.

That isnt for Edinburgh to choose - it is for the average to decide however many decimal places are required.

edit - sorry somehow managed to put reply in middle if the quote***

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

That comes across as rather anti-Edinburgh.

Edinburgh as always will follow the rules laid down, as do most clubs.

Think you are reading something that isnt there The Scotsman.

I thought it read as a reasoned and interesting debate on just what the rules were with everyone lamenting the fact they are not apparently public.

Just my opinion

• Like 1

Fair enough.

But just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get us!!

• Like 1

Think you are reading something that isnt there The Scotsman.

I thought it read as a reasoned and interesting debate on just what the rules were with everyone lamenting the fact they are not apparently public.

Just my opinion

..and mine.

That comes across as rather anti-Edinburgh.

Edinburgh as always will follow the rules laid down, as do most clubs.

not at all the interest originally stems from how close Richie H and Adam are at reserve for the Witches as pre the BSPA issuing Junes figures I thought they could be the same.

In that case its important as it means the difference between us getting a 'real' guest and a NL rider fot Adam when he is missing.

Unfortunately for us the issued figures mean Adam is still at No7.

Bizarrely that means we have a weaker guest for Adam than the Diamonds can have for Schrammy despite Adams average being a point higher and them both being reserves!

But hey ho thats the rules so thats how it is!

• Like 1

Hopefully tomorrow is a good meeting although not expecting a win but hopefully competitive peformance with positives for rest of season. Need Schrammy and Rose back quickly although Mills is good move upgrade on Greenwood who wasnt ready for pl. Also hope new track will hopefully see improvement in form for Mills although big ask to beat Monarchs riders same for Oliver Greenwood if Chronicle is right about him Guesting. King and Cook races could be something special if track allows.

• Like 1

How has the remedial track work being forecast in the race day mag gone I wonder?