British Speedway Forum
HadrianDog

Newcastle Vs Edinburgh {1.6.14 At 6.30}

About time I started a thread, so here goes. Firstly, can I welcome Chris Mills to Brough Park. I do hope he can resurrect his career in the coming months and form a good track rapport with his friend Schrammy. Already looking forward to how Roy will intro. our new guy cos the 'hammer' def. failed to hit the mark. On to Sunday and I was encouraged to see Edinburgh show a crack or two when up against the Witches tonight. Either Chris Louie read the riot act to his team or the Monarchs missed a beat, but when Stevie is top scorer then something may be amiss with their main body. In the televised match Cookie was woeful for the Aces so maybe 'the King' will have his measure come Sunday. Maybe the guy at the end of the tunnel has found new batteries for his torch?

Looking forward to this one. Obviously very tough for the Diamonds. Cook did look very poor at Swindon the other night but he had little trouble getting two 15 point maximums here last season. But if Danny King rides like he did last week the clashes between the two could be eye catching.

Masters, Fricke, Deek and of course Stevie W will also be a big threat. Sedgmen normally struggles around Brought but has obviously improved a lot since he last rode here and the tight turns here will probably suit the American youngster Fox.

Nothing to lose though for the Diamonds although all 6 or 7 will need to be on form and gating well to win it. Not Impossible. Assuming Schramm is still out we'll need a guest who can compete. Luke Crang looks the best option to me if available.

Hopefully a good meeting! Sides well matched IMO, Deek and Max are better round brough than Ipswich so hoping we can do better than a draw, any idea of the guest for Schramm? Or is he riding?

Who will be at reserve for Edinburgh - Worrall or Sneddon?

Latest averages show them both on 5.35 but the listings for all teams remain in last months order even where a reserve has gone into the top 5 (eg Jensen/Kus Berwick) so not clear where each will be.

Could be the difference in who wins.

Latest averages show them both on 5.35 but the listings for all teams remain in last months order even where a reserve has gone into the top 5 (eg Jensen/Kus Berwick) so not clear where each will be.

Been said by those usually ITK on our Facebook page that Steve will remain at reserve for this month. Better choice and hopefully it's true!

As long as we can take advantage of the races that Rose and the 2 reserves are in our strength in depth should see us through for another away victory.

Think it goes to the next tenth (5.350, 5.351 etc.) otherwise they have to choose.

Because they are the same we can pick who we want to have at reserve.

Think it goes to the next tenth (5.350, 5.351 etc.) otherwise they have to choose.

Its a shame the BSPA listings no longer show the figures.In the past it would have meetings rides points average. Then we wouldnt be in the dark with these matters. Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

home win,,,

I have to admire your optimism, but I think we will have to have at least three home riders hit a purple patch with an equally reverse showing affecting our North of the border visitors for us to prosper. Or maybe with the right words Cookie could be nudged towards the pugilistic avenue early on. Just kidding- I think we all want to watch the Cookie vs Kingy spectacle with both at their respective bests.

Because they are the same we can pick who we want to have at reserve.

Neil Watson has posted the relevant regulation on the rolling averages thread in the general section.

If there is even 0.000001 difference then the order is taken from that. Unfortunately no one has been forthcoming with the totals for the calculations.

Neil Watson has posted the relevant regulation on the rolling averages thread in the general section.

If there is even 0.000001 difference then the order is taken from that. Unfortunately no one has been forthcoming with the totals for the calculations.

I was told that a rider's GSA calculation is limited to two decimal points and in the event of two or more riders having the same figure, the previous Green Sheet(s) Averages are then taken into account to determine the team order based on averages.

If correct, Sneddon will be no. 5, and Steve Worrall no. 6 for Monarchs averages w.e.f. Sunday.