British Speedway Forum
HadrianDog

Newcastle Vs Edinburgh {1.6.14 At 6.30}

craig cook is an exceptional talent on a motorcycle of any description.

any one who seen him on a bike at worky before his rise to fame would admit to that he would be brilliant with a few laps under his belt.. think he and mr d had a fall out, so was sold to head in bra. this sale also put money back into workts bank vault. its business, it what makes the woeld go round.

Edited by jenga

It was an excellent meeting last night between two very competitive teams flat out for a victory. Unfortunately, trying too hard, and over riding, cost us points and we lost to a very determined team.

Good atmosphere with a good crowd, only spoiled by the elderly child with his childish loudhailer. Remember him and his group from last year as well.

Given the result last week, and a decent performance(except one) against Edinburgh this week, the unbalanced team changes can still work if we get back to Rose, Schrammy and Chris pretty soon, and that they display the spirit that they have all shown before getting injured. Last night's Greenwood had a decent meeting, and I would like to see him again as a guest or permanent. He is very good at big tracks, and showed a liking to ours last night, just unfortunate his enthusiasm in a three rider race, he lost control and broke his collarbone. Also his one point could have made all the difference, but the rest should have been good enough to clinch it anyway.

Master Prick should remember to not be so obnoxious when trying to open a pits gate, when an injured fellow rider with suspect serious neck injury is lying against. One would hope that a teammate had a word with him for to return and mumble an apology for his actions and comments to the official.

Best wishes to all our injured riders, and hope for their early returns to the track and team.

who's that then ???

ask the promotion !!!!!!!! konopka !!!

Konopka's average is 3.00, which is below Rose's, meaning Rose will remain in the main body.

ask the promotion to explain what they intend but Konopka in was spoke about yesterday

shrams hip injury is worse than first expected Konopka in for diamonds this was mentioned yesterday

I see that Lemmo just got given the heave-ho by Glasgow. Will he call it quits or go club hunting I wonder?

ask the promotion to explain what they intend but Konopka in was spoke about yesterday

shrams hip injury is worse than first expected Konopka in for diamonds this was mentioned yesterday

Is he not still riding for the Bears then?

I've always thought Robbo should ride at 5,,, to help bring on reserves, (riding with a legend),,, but what do I know :-)

• Like 1

I've always thought Robbo should ride at 5,,, to help bring on reserves, (riding with a legend),,, but what do I know :-)

Yes but Robbo and Kerr are a well established partnership (our best partnership) and I think splitting them up would be a step backwards for the team. Ludvig is not a great number 5 but it allows him to ride his own race, if his partner out gates him Ludvig will always try and team ride him home but generally I think he likes to gate and go or be able to chase (we just need to give him a track to do it). I still think one of the main issues is the track, still does not seem to be enough dirt on the outside for Robbo and especially Ludvig. Good performance on Sunday, better than I thought, just a shame about the result, bit of over riding by some, but you can't fault them for trying.

On a separate note: I think Cookie is a class act and enjoy his visits to Brough, I personally think he is too good for this league but think his inclusion only makes the league better and stronger.

• Like 1

Yes but Robbo and Kerr are a well established partnership (our best partnership) and I think splitting them up would be a step backwards for the team. Ludvig is not a great number 5 but it allows him to ride his own race, if his partner out gates him Ludvig will always try and team ride him home but generally I think he likes to gate and go or be able to chase (we just need to give him a track to do it). I still think one of the main issues is the track, still does not seem to be enough dirt on the outside for Robbo and especially Ludvig. Good performance on Sunday, better than I thought, just a shame about the result, bit of over riding by some, but you can't fault them for trying.

On a separate note: I think Cookie is a class act and enjoy his visits to Brough, I personally think he is too good for this league but think his inclusion only makes the league better and stronger.

You MUST be kidding. Lindgren couldn't Team Ride if his life depended on it. He's a 'Gate and Go' merchant - nothing else.

Personally - I wish we had kept Henry or Rosen and got rid of him instead. He is far too inconsistant and not much good away from Home. Henry would get you Points anywhere.

• Like 1

You MUST be kidding. Lindgren couldn't Team Ride if his life depended on it. He's a 'Gate and Go' merchant - nothing else.

Personally - I wish we had kept Henry or Rosen and got rid of him instead. He is far too inconsistant and not much good away from Home. Henry would get you Points anywhere.

Can't agree with at all. Lindgren is an excellent team rider. His ride to stay behind Henry and ahead of Lasse Bjerre at Peterborough was one of the best bits of team riding (or riding for the team) that I've seen. Another good ride behind Mills on Sunday and there've been plenty of other examples over the last few seasons.

Ludde is a very talented rider in my opinion and always gives 100%. He is just very inconsistent out of the gate and gives the impression that he possibly isn't the best when it comes to track set-ups etc. He always seems to struggle when the track is dry and slick which it has been most weeks this year.

• Like 2

Can't agree with at all. Lindgren is an excellent team rider. His ride to stay behind Henry and ahead of Lasse Bjerre at Peterborough was one of the best bits of team riding (or riding for the team) that I've seen. Another good ride behind Mills on Sunday and there've been plenty of other examples over the last few seasons.

Ludde is a very talented rider in my opinion and always gives 100%. He is just very inconsistent out of the gate and gives the impression that he possibly isn't the best when it comes to track set-ups etc. He always seems to struggle when the track is dry and slick which it has been most weeks this year.

totally agree with one and a half paragraph's,,, can't comment on his knowledge of set-ups tho,,,

but one thing I know for sure is, that,,, certain folk are out to get him and have a pop all the time,,, shame innit, especially when we've now gotta No. 1 that could'nt beat Shady Sam who ain't been at Brough for a while :-(

totally agree with one and a half paragraph's,,, can't comment on his knowledge of set-ups tho,,,

but one thing I know for sure is, that,,, certain folk are out to get him and have a pop all the time,,, shame innit, especially when we've now gotta No. 1 that could'nt beat Shady Sam who ain't been at Brough for a while :-(

Don't worry - I expected replies like this. You are entitled to your opinions as I am entitled to mine.

I would recommend that you look at his Scores this Season though - mediocre - to say the least.

I totally disagree and think Ludvig is a great team rider and team man, he may not be the most consistent but is entertaining to watch and always gives 100%. I also think as mentioned his team riding skills are great, just watch his ride with Mills on Sunday to get 5-1, he was constantly looking over his shoulder keeping one eye on the opposition and one eye on his partner. I do agree that certain people appear to be out to get him.

Henry is a good rider and should not have been dropped but he is more of a gate and go than Ludvig and was appalling at passing from the back and a number of years ago would not entertain the concept of team riding a lesser rider home, and is still guilty of this now. One thing about Henry is that usually after about 1-2 laps, the position he was in at that point is often the position he finished in and I very really saw him busting a gut and chasing down a rider like you often see Robbo, Kerr and Ludvig do.

As you say we are all entitled to our opinion.

• Like 2

I totally disagree and think Ludvig is a great team rider and team man, he may not be the most consistent but is entertaining to watch and always gives 100%. I also think as mentioned his team riding skills are great, just watch his ride with Mills on Sunday to get 5-1, he was constantly looking over his shoulder keeping one eye on the opposition and one eye on his partner. I do agree that certain people appear to be out to get him.

Henry is a good rider and should not have been dropped but he is more of a gate and go than Ludvig and was appalling at passing from the back and a number of years ago would not entertain the concept of team riding a lesser rider home, and is still guilty of this now. One thing about Henry is that usually after about 1-2 laps, the position he was in at that point is often the position he finished in and I very really saw him busting a gut and chasing down a rider like you often see Robbo, Kerr and Ludvig do.

As you say we are all entitled to our opinion.

I would only say that I am not out to get Lindgren.

I admire anyone, including him, who throws his leg over a Speedway Bike and competes. I just don't think he is the quality of Robbo or has the potential of Kerr. I suppose what I am saying is that I can't see him improving much, if at all.

I said he wasn't a Number One at Christmas, I was right about that, I still think I am right about him now.