British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Redcar (pl) 31/05/14 19:00 Hrs

Well with the weather looking better for this weekend some Speedway looks on the cards at Derwent Park.

The Comets take on the Redcar Bears in a PL meeting which sees the return of Workington favourite (Comet on loan!!) Richard Lawson and new Comets recruit Simon Lambert.

Should be a good one, best of luck to Simon on his Derwent Park debut in 2014 for the Comets.

Looking good for the forecast so it'll be nice to get back and see some action, haven't seen anything since the beginning of the month through one thing and another?

Definitely need a bit of a confidence boosting win from this and we should be OK for the three points against Redcar tomorrow, (tho I did say that about Berwick as well :oops:) so not asking for much but, anything above 49 will do for me!! :D

Here's to a comets win and a positive start for Simon Lambert :)

Look forward to watching one of my favourite comets again too ;)

Hopefully Josh G is okay after being taken out by Fisher tonight , can't see him being able to ride tomorrow but theres no news on him yet so fingers crossed.

stoneylegend, on 30 May 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

Just our luck get well soon Josh hope he's well.....

Watched the meeting via streaming. Another kamikaze move by Fisher on Josh. Won his first ride easily.

Hopefully withdrawn as a precautionary measure, and ok for tomorrow.

Edited by simmo1958

Even Coventry fans are criticisinf Fish

It seems that Stuart Robson is guesting for Josh

Initial reports suggest broken nose and fractured eye socket. On Comets official site.

nice easy away point for the bears, maybe 2/3.

Was the Ryan & Fish crash the one mid track bend 3/4 that also took out 2 airbags? Had only just tuned in and saw that and then my pc crashed as well, so didn't find out who it was...... Looked nasty, but no intent....

Was the Ryan & Fish crash the one mid track bend 3/4 that also took out 2 airbags? Had only just tuned in and saw that and then my pc crashed as well, so didn't find out who it was...... Looked nasty, but no intent....

No intent but he took your PC out as well. :P Some crazy guy he is.

• Like 3

A moderate performance all round and against pretty much a two man Redcar team was a bit disappointing to say the least, and even more so as they were still in pitching for a point right up til Ht15 when a dodgy engine robbed their best/only pairing of a chance to challenge for a point?

I had been half expecting a backlash after last week from the Comets but for some reason that didn't materialise and we were rather fortunate to get away with the full amount? :oops:

Comets looked well under power tonight especially in the Ht leader dep't with no one really capable of challenging Lawson/Summers, not a good sign?

Campton didn't look quick, Morris showed good spirit til bike problems hampered his scoring, Howarth still not where he should be but solid enough, poor meeting from Robbo by his usual standards, Rene looks OK when in front but not much passing when he isn't and a solid enough performance from Lambert, which I'm sure he will improve once he's got acquainted with the track, a little disappointed for him when Wells took the win after shepherding him around for most of the race, (ht12) thought he would have given him that, confidence booster but, there you go!! :nono:

Wells himself rode OK for his points but does lack that look of a racer!!

Looking like a long season, recent averages show up the inconsistency of our team with only Josh showing any real improvement so far, gotta hope the rest are just pacing themselves for the business end, perhaps learning from the hare and the tortoise of yesteryears!! :D

I'll settle for a scruffy win even tho I'm not that impressed by the performance, it's still points on the board and after last week, I'd rather have em than not!! :t:

• Like 1