British Speedway Forum

why not just add this boring cr@p to the Redcar 2014 thread rather than starting a whole new thread?

All the best...

FP.

Don't like, don't read. End of chat

They have signed josef tabaka

This is news to Jozsef.

It's been hinted at in the latest Berwick E-Newsletter that Redcar are going to take a look at Suchanek at next week's GP Qualifier.

Anyone heard anything to back this up, or am I reading more into it than I should?

I don't think the Berwick Newsletter should be saying this anyway, true or not. It's mischief-making.

This is news to Jozsef.

I don't think the Berwick Newsletter should be saying this anyway, true or not. It's mischief-making.

I don't remember reading anything regarding Tom Suchanek in my Berwick newsletter, other than he was the Czech representative along side Matej Kus.

Edited by TOURETTES

This is news to Jozsef.

There is nothing in the newsletter linking any named riders to Redcar.

I don't remember reading anything regarding Tom Suchanek in my Berwick newsletter, other than he was the Czech representative along side Matej Kus.

Fair enough, but someone said it did. I actually get it so I should have looked.

Well, who'd of thought that a little post like this could get 50 plus posts....then you look through and see that maybe half a dozen actually refer to the subject matter!

For what it's worth I would suggest that there's more chance of being nettled to death that TS returning to the Bears but stranger things happen.

Doubt it would be a very popular signing for quite a few Bears fans and can't see it improving the current squad sufficiently as to make any real impact.

• Like 1

Well, who'd of thought that a little post like this could get 50 plus posts....then you look through and see that maybe half a dozen actually refer to the subject matter!

For what it's worth I would suggest that there's more chance of being nettled to death that TS returning to the Bears but stranger things happen.

Doubt it would be a very popular signing for quite a few Bears fans and can't see it improving the current squad sufficiently as to make any real impact.

That's a forum for you,sometime it gets sidetracked.

For those who don't receive the newsletter, I shall quote.

"Thomas was most-recently seen in the UK as a Redcar Bear, for whom he rode in 2006 and again in 2010. If he is able to commit to a British club again, Suchanek might well prove an interesting signing for -- some club."

I guess I'm reading more into it than was actually there.

Fair enough, but someone said it did. I actually get it so I should have looked.

Tut, tut!

For those who don't receive the newsletter......

......, go to www.berwickbandits.co and insert your e-mail address in the box on the front page!

Here's an illustration (I'm not sure how many drop off, or how many come in, but it should explain the point):

• 4 scores drop off of 8, 7, 7, 6 = 28
  • Scores in the middle are not as good
  • Form starts to pick up
  • 4 latest scores come in of 6, 6, 7, 8 = 27

So, recent results are improving (based on everything in between), but the rolling average would still drop.

It's the sum of the set of scores that are crucial.

Another way to think of it.

Plot the scores on a bar chart. If the scores are a smiley shape with a slight grin to the left, then the rolling average will decrease; if it has a grin to the right, it will increase.

Sunday morning!

Jim, read this again, it does make sense, honest!

Jim, read this again, it does make sense, honest!

Not to me though, concentrate on getting the programme scores correct then move on to the more tricky stuff .i.e. Averages.

Ps

My Bar Chart hasn't got a Smiley Face perhaps that's the problem.

Edited by Fromafar

Not to me though, concentrate on getting the programme scores correct then move on to the more tricky stuff .i.e. Averages.

Ps

My Bar Chart hasn't got a Smiley Face perhaps that's the problem.

:lol:

Good job I'm better at maths than my programme marking right enough, not hard mind!

Does it not make sense because it is incorrect, or because you don't understand it?

On topic, Suchanek appears to have taken a number of scalps last night (Pawlicki, Doyle, Cook, etc) and would perhaps be no bad thing for a club like, er, Redcar?

On topic, Suchanek appears to have taken a number of scalps last night (Pawlicki, Doyle, Cook, etc) and would perhaps be no bad thing for a club like, er, Redcar?

Or Berwick!!!!!!

:lol:

Good job I'm better at maths than my programme marking right enough, not hard mind!

Does it not make sense because it is incorrect, or because you don't understand it?

I think that the "Old Prof at Uni"told you a lot of sh*t or you didn't take it on board?My maths level is 1+1=2, and 27 is LESS than 28.the other thing point out is Matej had a green sheet av of 6.19 at the start of the season and his current is 5.37 therefore I cannot agree with you or your" profs "theory.

Ps

I have no problem with Matej and his effort this season,his riding perhaps is not reflected in his average drop.It is aTeam effort and IMO he is doing his bit.

... 27 is LESS than 28...

Erm, yes, and if you did understand the post you would see that that is what I am saying and is the fulcrum of the illustration.

It explains exactly how recent form can pick up, yet an average can fall.