British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Crusader

Mildenhall V Kent Sun June 1st

Looks as though this will be another tough encounter for the Kings.But you never know, if the team clicks together on the day we might a point.What do others think?

Don't know why there are hashes in my post, not me, the word I used was s n a t c h.

Strange that ,what is wrong with the word ###### ! lets see if this is dealt with in the same way,,Going up for this one, should be a good meeting having Aaron Basby should help us as he knows the track really well will certainly produce more points than RR for Benji ,,Hope we can get a point but it will be really hard,as Joe Jacobs and Danny Halsey are very strong here. Josh Bates too, can be brilliant or inconsistent lets hope its the latter ...Ben and Simon will need to be at thier best, hopefully David can chip in with some points ,but i feel it will be difficult for our two rookies here,,,Luke Chessel,s form has picked up lately and if he is gating could he do well but here again it is consistency that is the problem.. The weather looks good and its a great afternoon out at Mildenhall ,win or lose we usually enjoy it as the place has atmosphere... i see it has been hashed on my post too very strange any one know why ? the word was ######

Edited by waco

Cannot see much joy for Kent.Should hopefully be much better than the Cradley humiliation but Mildenhall are strong at Home and as Waco says Kent have two rookies at reserve plus Luke and Magic both struggle away from home.

Safe meeting all riders.

Think we all know why the word "s n a t c h" is blocked out? lol! :party: Anyway hoping for a good and safe meeting 2day. Wont be there due to work but will be following the updates! BTW does anyone know wats happened to the live updates on twitter? Used to be really good but haven't had any for last 2 or 3 meetings? Has it been stopped or just not had anyone about to do it?

Im hoping we bounce back from the cradley performance and even though I cant see a win 2day it shud b a bit closer? Interested to see how Aaron goes on his debut, should be useful with track knowledge. Will Ben be at number 1 as its now June? Thought the new averages come into force on the 1st of the month? Anyway good luck to the Kings and hopefully can s*atch a point lol!

Just love the word S N A T C H will use it where possible in future

Good win for Mildenhall today, even though we had two out again, which seems to be a common theme, with someone missing for one reason or another.

Both Connors rode really well and Halsey was superb.

A couple of things I noticed, Ben Morley seems alot better when he isn't guesting for us? he must use his 2nd bike I reckon, when he guests, but he rode well today. Plus Simon Lambert looks down at his bike every time he doesnt win? he seemed really quick as usual around Mildenhall, but whenever he was beaten, he looks down at his bike? perhaps he had bike troubles in those races.

On a rough track that caused a few falls to even the top riders like Joe Jacobs... Mildenhall had to much strenght in depth for the kings who had Ben Morley ( Who will be no 1 Next week ) and Simon Lambert to thank for the bulk of Kents points ,To their credit both got stuck in and gave their all.. And by the way Damon ,Ben Morley always does his best for whoever he rides for, and no he would not have been using inferior equipment either ,,Difficult for our rookie reserves who have had little or no experience of the mildenhall track..Disappointing returns from Mason and Chessel I think both would admit they should have done better especially after their recent good form at home,, Aaron Baseby has had little racing this season and may need a bit more time to get dialed in, but the signs are there.. Impressed with Tigers Connor Coles and Connor Mountain ,,Coles looks a different rider round here than he did at Kent last season , Danny Halsey seems a better rider round here than any where else After an exclusion for taking Ben Morley out in his first ride he then reeled off 5 untroubled straight wins,, .. Joe Jacobs fresh from his away 18 point max, started slowly but came good especially in a titanic battle in heat 13 with Simon Lambert for 2nd place ,one of the best races i have seen this season ..Enjoyable afternoons racing Both teams were below full strenght Bates out ,Kingston out for the Fen Tigers and,, ( We need Benji Compton back as soon as possible,) and he was at the meeting supporting the team wrist still heavely strapped..

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Fair enough Waco, it just seems like he has much better meetings when he isnt guesting. This isnt isolated to Ben, as most guest's dont seem to to do quite as well, as when they ride against us? The only exception that stands out to me is Jason Garrity, but to be fair he basically was in the Tigers team each week.

Hopefully next time Ben helps us out, he will have an equally good meeting.

I said a while back that Kings are a million miles away from having a team good enough to challenge/win the League.

Yesterdays events just go some way to prove that.

It was a weakened Mildenhall team that Kings were not able to capitalise on.

You cannot win meetings (or get a point) with a TWO man team - Kings were yesterday.

Luke/Magic do not do enough away from Home - Desperately need Compton back.

Rookie reserves no match to big hitting reserves of some teams.

Losing Morley/Lambert for some meetings does not help.

p.s.

Is that the same Connor Coles that rode for Kent last season. :nono: He must like Mildenhall because he showed little form last season ?

Excellent gesture from Chris Louis for free programmes for each of us on the coach from Kent. Good public relations and Promotion, a little goes a long way in my book. Also a thank you to Robert Henry for coming up to us at the end of the meeting thank us all for our support,adding to the atmosphere of the meeting and giving Connor Coles our best wishes, sadly our loss and Fen Tigers gain. Our own Promotion could learn a great deal from these gestures of good promotion.

Nice gesture from Mildenhall with the free programmes,,Personally i find they spoil them selves when they always question the refs decisions when one of their riders has been legitimately excluded ,,you can understand their fans doing it,, But their match reports should not include such observations..

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

No different to a manager not agreeing with a refs decision on tv really.Can't see the problem myself.

It was a decision that for me could have gone either way.Ben did lose a little control and seemed to cut back into Danny.Just a racing incident :)

Morley was highly impressive.The extra experience seems to be doing him the world of good.A rider I've wanted at Mildenhall the last few years really.

Can someone pm me details about the coach that kings r running? Cud b interested for sure! Used to go to loads of Canterbury away matches with my grandparents when i was a kid and wud love to take my lad on some if possible?

Btw i know i missed the boat on the mildenhall match lol! Just interested for future meetings