British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn V's Birmingham Thurs 05/06/14

Nermark missing with no facility will be why they will be fined.

the fault lies with the bspa not with brmingham

Nermark also missing for the 'B' fixture on August 7th too as Valsarna are riding, so I presume we will get fined for that aswell.

I have no complaints if we get fined, we shouldnt have agreed to these fixtures in the first place given the poor side we are putting out. Shame the person that should answer to that isn't at the club anymore!

• Like 1

Nermark also missing for the 'B' fixture on August 7th too as Valsarna are riding, so I presume we will get fined for that aswell.

I have no complaints if we get fined, we shouldnt have agreed to these fixtures in the first place given the poor side we are putting out. Shame the person that should answer to that isn't at the club anymore!

Yeah, a crying shame ;) I'm sure he would've passed all of his underhand tricks onto Jack Lee though...

Why would Birmingham get fined? It's not their fault they are fielding a weakened side, is it??

What it basically boils down to is this. The BSPA think that the world, the sun and the stars all the heavens revolve around them. They have no respect for what they call "Mickey Mouse Competitions" in other countries, so if a Swede is contracted to race for a Swedish club in the Swedish league on a day when his English club have their fixture, then that is seen as "dissing" the Elite League. After all, the BRITISH Elite League is all important in the world of speedway. Nothing else matters. So for employing a rider that "disses" the Elite League by riding in his own country in his own league for a team he was contracted to before signing for the Brummies, Birmingham will be fined, and won't be allowed anyone other than a rider from the bottom of the barrel to make up team numbers. Who knows, Nermark may also get a 28 day ban for withholding his services from the most important league in the world, if the BSPA really have a hissy fit about all this.

Yes, fine the clubs that are on shoestring budgets and struggling to make ends meet...that'll be sure to ensure their survival. Well done BSPA. Nuking themselves in the foot time after time after time again. Maybe the rest of the promoters will be happy to see Birmingham in the NL next year, or out of business completely.

• Like 1

May the Porse be with you...

Great effort lads we hit 30 points!!! :D , never thought that would be possible given the side we had.

Danny King made a fist of it for the Brummies. Ride of the night from Young Lambert in 14. Rider of the night Porsing he was like electric out of the gate.

• Like 1

Enjoyed that. Reminded me of Premier League days - electrical failure included. All that was missing was the Muppet song.

• Like 1

Liked the idea of him in the centre walking around the track with that megaphone. How many times would he have got round ?

Liked the idea of him in the centre walking around the track with that megaphone. How many times would he have got round ?

More times than Dan Halsey probably

Well done Nicklas!!

Changed his engines after the Lakeside match and has since scored: 8+1, 6 , 10+1 and 15.

Goes to prove how important it is to have the correct machinery.

Lynn go from strength to strength.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting. Score does not relate to some excellent racing. Fantastic race by Robert Lambert to win heat 14. well done stars for breaking record from 1984 by winning 11 matches on the trot.

• Like 3