British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Gp Malilla Saturday June 14th

What rubbishe. Both should have been given a £600 bonus for adding to the nights entertainment. If two riders want to fight/slap each other then let them!

As for the rest of you calling for bans and all sorts. It's a GP FFS, Nicki was hardly going to sit back and stay in 4th. He made a move, he got it wrong. If we're going to ban rider who misjudge things you'll end up with gate and go speedway.

Racing incident, nothing more.

• Like 1

What rubbishe. Both should have been given a £600 bonus for adding to the nights entertainment. If two riders want to fight/slap each other then let them!

As for the rest of you calling for bans and all sorts. It's a GP FFS, Nicki was hardly going to sit back and stay in 4th. He made a move, he got it wrong. If we're going to ban rider who misjudge things you'll end up with gate and go speedway

What he said ^^ :approve:

• Like 1

CORRECT ... both Zagar and Pedersen fined 600 euros for "ungentlemanly conduct" by the FIM Jury.

So Pederson appears to have got away with it again, he is a disgrace to our sport, if I was Zagar I would have walloped him harder!

Personally I'd pay £6K to give Pedersen a good kick in his clacker bag!

• Like 1

All for hard riding etc but when you've drilled a rider at least have the decency to go over and see if he's alright.

• Like 9

Pedersen did was i was always taught as a kid if someone bigger than me wanted a scrap...kick him in the balls and leg it!!!

Zagar did for sure leave gap on the inside and Niki being Niki was always going to go for it..GP speedway is hard..these things happen

• Like 2

FABULOUS GP lovely stadium ,bumper crowd ,superb close racing ,excellent track & a punch up. I really have to commend the commentary team who were yes ok IMO very good (iversen in the vip tent was very funny) but most of all scott nicholls & his buddie (sorry don't know his name ) are a revelation ,they have real chemistry & really add to the whole GP. Well done to all involved especially tai & pedersen (boo) but boy is he great entertainment.

• Like 5

As for the rest of you calling for bans and all sorts. It's a GP FFS, Nicki was hardly going to sit back and stay in 4th. He made a move, he got it wrong. If we're going to ban rider who misjudge things you'll end up with gate and go speedway.

it wasnt the move itself - it was one you would expect from many a rider although Nicki has a special knack for it.

It was the total disregard for a fellow riders well being after the incident,the cowardly kick and speed off and the total lack of any decency to accept his fault in the pits with the sneering goading added to boot.

As per my first comment - what a tosser.

All that said I agree its far from all bad for sport. The GPs will miss him when hes gone although few fellow riders will.

• Like 5

So Pederson appears to have got away with it again, he is a disgrace to our sport, if I was Zagar I would have walloped him harder!

If NP hadn't back heeled Zagar and rode to the pits, Zagar would have walloped NP and picked up a deserved ban. At least NP went back to the pits, and BTW did not ride his bike into a Zagar mechanic, and did not start the incident in the pits. That was always Zagar and in football, if you lift your hands, and punch or push an opponent, you are off and you get a ban, no matter who started it.

BTW Last year Tai had NP off about three times, Holder nearly had NP off at Cardiff, but everyone blames NP. He is no angel, and sadly did not check the condition of Zagar, which is disrespectful, but I certainly can see Zagar doing exactly that to any rider. He has never been popular anywhere.

Yes, NP is a naughty boy at times, but he is no different to the previous hard men that have rode for your own teams, and whom you probably idolised at the time. He entertains and puts bums on seats, so enjoy him NP while he is still at the top.

• Like 1

CORRECT ... both Zagar and Pedersen fined 600 euros for "ungentlemanly conduct" by the FIM Jury.

600 Euros to knock Pedersen out seems a bargain. Perhaps Tai should consider this as a bigger fundraiser for G.O.S.H.

• Like 2

it wasnt the move itself - it was one you would expect from many a rider although Nicki has a special knack for it.

It was the total disregard for a fellow riders well being after the incident,the cowardly kick and speed off and the total lack of any decency to accept his fault in the pits with the sneering goading added to boot.

As per my first comment - what a tosser.

All that said I agree its far from all bad for sport. The GPs will miss him when hes gone although few fellow riders will.

TBF. my comment on facebook earlier was, "What a wimp Pedersen! Kick him then ride off then goad him when there's enough people around to save you!" but I still don't see how that deserving of a ban! It just makes him a bit of a dick.

Is there even a provision for a ban in the regs anyway? Or a points deduction or any redress other than a fine for that matter.

I have a few pals and their wives round to watch Italy v England on TV later. We went on Freeview 38 to watch the Grand Prix and they felt Mallilla in Sweden was "rather tatty compared to World Cup venues." And they also thought the meeting did not have the same atmosphere that the World Cup games have.

FABULOUS GP lovely stadium ,bumper crowd ,superb close racing ,excellent track & a punch up. I really have to commend the commentary team who were yes ok IMO very good (iversen in the vip tent was very funny) but most of all scott nicholls & his buddie (sorry don't know his name ) are a revelation ,they have real chemistry & really add to the whole GP. Well done to all involved especially tai & pedersen (boo) but boy is he great entertainment.

Were we watching the same event on TV. All the old London stadiums were better than that place! I now, I visited all six of them when they were running from the 1940s onwards.