British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

SCB forget the fact of past world cups it makes no difference to the future. Its been well documented that its took longer than expected but all that matters is we are now on the edge of a bright future for belle vue. The only UK stadium capable of bringing the world cup final back to the UK.

• Like 1

SCB forget the fact of past world cups it makes no difference to the future. Its been well documented that its took longer than expected but all that matters is we are now on the edge of a bright future for belle vue. The only UK stadium capable of bringing the world cup final back to the UK.

Why would it be the only Stadium ? It's been at Smellmead in the past for god sake ...Hardly a big thing to get the final .

Why would it be the only Stadium ? It's been at Smellmead in the past for god sake ...Hardly a big thing to get the final .

That's the past. BSI wont hold a final over here now as no stadium matches up.

• Like 1

Why won't people on here see this as a good thing? It's just pathetic, if this works then there is a live case study for other tracks to follow and maybe improve on??

Edited by jimmy jimmy
  • Like 1

That's the past. BSI wont hold a final over here now as no stadium matches up.

Been plenty of talk about Kl getting the final hardly massive crowds for the finals ....to be fair it's a final that no one really wants and and it's no big deal if you get it .

Been plenty of talk about Kl getting the final hardly massive crowds for the finals ....to be fair it's a final that no one really wants and and it's no big deal if you get it .

Bah humbug......

Well I would love to see the World Cup, a European championship round, world u21 final, etc at the new stadium, even if there is no second GP there ( although they have held GPs at a lot smaller venues).

Great news...probably the world's most famous club deserves a decent stadium away from the current shambles of a place. Hopefully my local club Swindon will get their new stadium as well next year.

Best of luck its what our sport needs and it needs all the good news it can get at the momment.New people willing to give speedway a try these days must walk into our present stadium and think what a dump,the viewing is bobbins so they dont really get to see how exciting speedway racing can be and the speaker system is rubbish so they cant hear whats being said to name a few problems.So not a lot there for them to think i enjoyed that i will be back is there.Younger people these days seem to need their mod cons etc so in my opinion one of the ways we will get new poeple interested in out sport is to give them a nice stadium with comfort, good viewing( so they can see how good speedway racing can be),nice toilets etc to watch it in,a place that can compete with all the other interests out there all with nice stadiums, buildings etc.I would think that when the new stadium is up and running any newcomers that give it a try a far bigger persentage will be back for more.

• Like 4

Best of luck its what our sport needs and it needs all the good news it can get at the momment.New people willing to give speedway a try these days must walk into our present stadium and think what a dump,the viewing is bobbins so they dont really get to see how exciting speedway racing can be and the speaker system is rubbish so they cant hear whats being said to name a few problems.So not a lot there for them to think i enjoyed that i will be back is there.Younger people these days seem to need their mod cons etc so in my opinion one of the ways we will get new poeple interested in out sport is to give them a nice stadium with comfort, good viewing( so they can see how good speedway racing can be),nice toilets etc to watch it in,a place that can compete with all the other interests out there all with nice stadiums, buildings etc.I would think that when the new stadium is up and running any newcomers that give it a try a far bigger persentage will be back for more.

Yes - it will be great sitting on the Toilet watching Belle Vue in the new Speedway. That should make it pretty unique. :shock: :shock: :wink:

Sadly I am unable to see the Track from the Bog at Newcastle. :sad::D:rofl:

• Like 2

If this is meant to be a National Stadium and the permanent capacity is only 6.000, increasing to 18.000 with temporary facilities, this appears to me a tad "Mickey Mouse". Most of the 6,000 is standing room out in the open. It says much for Speedway attendance in the UK if this is the best we can offer. If Cardiff do not renew their contract to stage the British GP in a few years time, where does it go?. 40,000 in to Belle Vue does not go but Manchester would be ideal, in the absence of Wembley of course. Has anyone sounded out Old Trafford or the Etihad?.Cardiff has shown it can be done.

A National Stadium needs to be a showcase for the sport.

I hope I'm not being to disrespectful here.

MOST of the 6,000 is seats under cover...

If this is meant to be a National Stadium and the permanent capacity is only 6.000, increasing to 18.000 with temporary facilities, this appears to me a tad "Mickey Mouse". Most of the 6,000 is standing room out in the open. It says much for Speedway attendance in the UK if this is the best we can offer. If Cardiff do not renew their contract to stage the British GP in a few years time, where does it go?. 40,000 in to Belle Vue does not go but Manchester would be ideal, in the absence of Wembley of course. Has anyone sounded out Old Trafford or the Etihad?.Cardiff has shown it can be done.

MAYBE not be you are ill-informed

Sorry?

I was under the impression the stand held a little under 2,000 with the remaining 4,000ish on terraces. My apologies if I have that wrong but the basis of my argument is valid no?.

Apart from the cost of building a stadium with permanent seating and terracing for 15,000 plus, the main purpose of the stadium is as a home for the Aces. Given the likely crowds, what would be the point of a stadium where 2000 spectators would make it look empty and the atmosphere would be zero?

The compromise is what we shall have, a regular capacity of 6,000 with the ability to increase it to a level more than sufficient for, SWC, ELRC, British Finals. In fact many GP's attract less than 15,000.

It is sad that some of those who thought it would never be built still feel the need to snipe. They are just making themselves look foolish, be better if they could find the courage to admit they were wrong.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 4

You really do want a white elephant if you think Belle Vue can build this mega capacity, fully seated stadium ...the cost of that would be astronomical and to be honest would be a complete waste of money even if it could be built which would be unlikely in the extreme..

A good modern 6000 capacity stadium with a top grandstand around a top class race track is ideal , perfect in fact......if they can possibly extend for bigger world level meetings than so be it and that is good but to build this so called super stadium that people seem to be expecting is completely unrealistic in this day and age.

This stadium should be excellent, ideal for what it's intended for week in week out and something to look forward to in my opinion instead of constantly looking for negatives about it

• Like 3

Not very realistic speedway is a minority sport amongst minority sports, we are lucky cardiff is available let alone a old Trafford or etihad, I think a packed out belle cue as a second choice is ok

• Like 1