British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

If you compare Kirky Lane to a 2-bedroom terrace house, and the occupants are on low-to-average wages.

Those occupants decide they want to move to a brand new 5-bedroom detached house, but without any certainty about having increased wages, and just when they come to move in theyrealise the plumbing's been done all wrong and have to go and live at an hotel for a couple of months while its being put right, but the landlord says oh no were not paying you any compo cos its the plumbers fault, nothing to do with us and anyway you knew the plumbing was dodgy.

I think BV would have been far better if instead of going for a 5-bed detached, they'd had a couple of 3-bed semis built, occupied one of them and rented the other one out.

• Like 1

If you compare Kirky Lane to a 2-bedroom terrace house, and the occupants are on low-to-average wages.

Those occupants decide they want to move to a brand new 5-bedroom detached house, but without any certainty about having increased wages, and just when they come to move in theyrealise the plumbing's been done all wrong and have to go and live at an hotel for a couple of months while its being put right, but the landlord says oh no were not paying you any compo cos its the plumbers fault, nothing to do with us and anyway you knew the plumbing was dodgy.

I think BV would have been far better if instead of going for a 5-bed detached, they'd had a couple of 3-bed semis built, occupied one of them and rented the other one out.

I can't agree with that.

We have a beautiful new Stadium and probably the Country's best Track.

Yes - there have been problems - but in the end British Speedway will, hopefully, benefit to a tremendous extent.

I can't agree with that.

We have a beautiful new Stadium and probably the Country's best Track.

Yes - there have been problems - but in the end British Speedway will, hopefully, benefit to a tremendous extent.

A very good track, good stadium, and high rent. I hope the new Aces ownership don't fly too near the sun on wings fixed with wax, avoid nasty cases of rising damp, and find the landlords don't act like Rigsby again. Not all that convinced about the "wider benefit" angle though.

The new owners have got the stadium much much cheaper per year than the last promoters

• Like 3

Nice little article in The Star this week by regular guest columnist David Gordon.

Good to hear his version of events at last as they have been so poorly covered in the past.

I think Grand Central was being facetious.

The latest article by Philip Rising in the SS is in response to the report submitted to MCC and quotes what David Gordon told the Manchester Evening News. However, he wants time to digest the 16 page council report before making a detailed response.

The article comments on some of the details of the MCC report, which is published in full in Speedway Xtra for those who have not read it on the Council website.

• Like 1

More whitewash from his SS pals for DG. When he fails to get any compensation from anyone the SS will not be mentioning the matter at all. Just poor judgement and seemingly little business sense. Did Chris Morton never have a say in how it was run up to the point where their license was revoked? That seems to be how he prefers it to be seen now.

Seriously, I dont think the BV track on the opening night was THAT bad. I reckon those riders at the PCMemorial have ridden worse tracks before AND since that night.

• Like 1

What does the article say?

As Philip Rising has been such a staunch ally of the David Gordon cause.

The least you could do was pay £2.90 for the magazine itself.

What does the article say?

Scratch that. I've just realised it was you who read last months ss article about Belle Vue and then, for some reason, significantly misrepresented it on here.

I'll wait until I read it for myself.

I have never misrepresented anything on here - I leave that to you. I merely ( or was that clearly ) offered an opinion after reading the facts as put forward. Unless the forum moderators and their pals no longer want opinions expressed on here I will continue to come to my own conclusions.

Well you did post this

It doesn't say that.

Thanks anyway.

At least we've got the councils side, all that's missing is Mr prompt and decisive's err... 10% worth.

Oh Dear Fred, you are behind the times yet again. The statement you portray me as posting from the most recent SS article ( i.e. inc. the MCC point of view ) is in fact from DG's own first attempt at spreading the whitewash ( as helped by SS ) Are you sure that you have now read both of the articles in question? I am beginning to believe that you are DG and are determined to face up to the facts of what DG and CM did during 2016 season ( and the build up to it ). You are never prepared tp put your money where your mouth is Fred. I bet one pound for each member of the crowd at the Glasgow Bonanza ( £1,200 ) to the SRBF that DG / CM DO NOT get the compensation they claim they are owed £600,000 plus . Are you prepared to bet the other way?

Get a life !!

Continual sniping between various so called experts on this thread.

Fact.... MCC and Belle Vue Speedway 2016 are not blameless.

Truth or fiction from both sides ???

I am sure there are facts that have not come to light yet and may never come to light.

Let's get on with 2017 and hopefully BV will have a long stay at the NSS.

• Like 2

Behind the times?

I asked you what the latest article said and then noticed it was you who misrepresented the Belle Vue article last month. That is the only article I've noticed you misrepresenting. If you commented on the MCC article I would have ignored you. I saw the comment yesterday and asked what the article said before I realised who I was asking, doh!

You still answered though and said you hadn't misrepresent the article, so I posted just one of your misrepresentations. I know which article you misrepresented, that's why I'm not interested in what you have to say about any other articles.

Sorry for your trouble.

As for your bet, originally you said

I wouldn't be surprised if the "provision for loss of income while the track was being reinstated" was more than £1 but you're okay because it was rejected. Just to be clear, if the council offer say £71,000, (just a number off the top of my head) and it is rejected, you don't have to pay the ben fund?

I'm not sure how you intend to prove it one way or another but yes, in principle I accept your bet, any compensation in excess of £1 and you pay the Ben fund. I know you posted that you "don't feel that I need to approach Buster Chapman / the BSPA or MCC" but is there another way to find out? Be warned, if you ask 'buster' he might want 10% for his trouble though.

Do keep up Fred. My original bet still stands and I will will pay the £100 to the Ben Fund if more than £1 is paid. The NEW bet stated today and only valid if you openly committ yourself to matching it, is for £1,200 to be paid to the Ben Fund if the full claimed compensation DG/CM claims IS paid to them. Let's call that £650,000 . Just to be clear, as you often sound confused, If DG /CM DO NOT receive at least £650,000 - then you pay £1.200 to the Ben Fund. Are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is? We can easily firm this challenge up by private messaging and another poster who we both trust can be the in between. You are certain that DG/CM are the innocent victims and I am certain that they were inept and out of their depth as well as being responsible for the whole mess.

• Like 2