British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

Seems a wrong time to post this topic with Birmingham having trouble but Belle Vue have today submitted the planning permission for approval for the Belle Vue Sports Village which includes a new home for the Belle Vue Aces, thats another step closer to our dream of a new stadium.

• Like 5

Small steps, but progress is being made. Like many other Aces fans, I have left my comments with the council and would urge all speedway supporters who would like the stadium to see the light of day to do the same.

National Speedway Stadium and Academy. We will seek planning permission for a brand-new 6,000-capacity stadium, including a 1,800-seater grandstand, with built-in noise-reduction measures, built to elite-league standard. The Belle Vue Aces (BVA) will use it as they continue their long-standing commitment to the area by establishing a Speedway Academy, coaching young children to adults. Manchester College students will work with BVA on mechanical and engineering training around speedway racing.

You can comment on the plans at the below link to the council's website:

https://secure.manchester.gov.uk/for...lage_proposals

The above mentions that this is being built to Elite League standard, is that the same as the track size being designed to be able to hold International Meetings, which I believe have to be a minimum width etc.

The above mentions that this is being built to Elite League standard, is that the same as the track size being designed to be able to hold International Meetings, which I believe have to be a minimum width etc.

I did notice it's changed to elite league standard stadium so I asked some questions with the management and the track WILL NOT change but it will affect certain parts of the stadium.

The track is priority over the stadium

• Like 1

I did notice it's changed to elite league standard stadium so I asked some questions with the management and the track WILL NOT change but it will affect certain parts of the stadium.

The track is priority over the stadium

So the National Speedway Stadium won't even be FIM standard? Holy crap it gets worse.

So the National Speedway Stadium won't even be FIM standard? Holy crap it gets worse.

Yes it will still hold FIM events

• Like 1

No unfortunately the track can't be made wide enough due to the requirements of the rugby pitch. They measured the width of the handlebars and multiplied that by 4 to make sure the bikes would fit but I think they will overlap slightly going into the turns. That was agreed because they don't expect all four bikes side by side at that part of the track so it should be okay but still a bit annoying.

For the GP and World Cup they will lift part of the rugby pitch like they used to do at Wembley, but it will be narrow for the British Final and league meetings.

If there is enough room for four bikes side by side on the straight then the bends must be at least the same width, i.e. the straight has to be the narrowest part of the track. :t::drink:

Yes it will still hold FIM events

Right, this has become very confusing.

Is it FIM standard or Elite League standard??? If it isn't the former then it can't hold FIM events and shouldn't be names the National Stadium.

Straight answers required, WTF is going on?!?!?

Right, this has become very confusing.

Is it FIM standard or Elite League standard???

Both.

It will be a 6,000 capacity Elite League standard stadium for Elite League meetings, but capacity will be increased for World events.

The track of course will meet FIM regulations.

If there is enough room for four bikes side by side on the straight then the bends must be at least the same width, i.e. the straight has to be the narrowest part of the track. :t::drink:

woooosh!

• Like 1

So, for elite league matches its an Elite League standard track, yes?

Then, when holding an FIM meeting, the track dimensions will be altered, (like old Wembley) areas of rugby pitch removed and replaced with bits of temporary track to meet FIM track dimensions, Yes?

So no home advantage for Team GB!

So, for elite league matches its an Elite League standard track, yes?

Then, when holding an FIM meeting, the track dimensions will be altered, (like old Wembley) areas of rugby pitch removed and replaced with bits of temporary track to meet FIM track dimensions, Yes?

!

No

No

It said in an earlier post the track would not be wide enough

For FIM meetings and parts of the rugby pitch would be removed and track extended to meet FIM regs..

No unfortunately the track can't be made wide enough due to the requirements of the rugby pitch. They measured the width of the handlebars and multiplied that by 4 to make sure the bikes would fit but I think they will overlap slightly going into the turns. That was agreed because they don't expect all four bikes side by side at that part of the track so it should be okay but still a bit annoying.

For the GP and World Cup they will lift part of the rugby pitch like they used to do at Wembley, but it will be narrow for the British Final and league meetings.

For GP and SWC they will lift part of the rugby pitch like they used to at Wembley...

So that is exactly what I said and you replied no!

Re-read drop a cog's post.

Do you think that is really the width of the track they are planning to build?

If you answer "yes" then you have won an amazing prize. Please send me ten thousand quid as a processing fee, and the prize will be sent immediately. Congratulations!

It said in an earlier post the track would not be wide enough

You do realise that the guy who said the track would be the width of 4 handlebars (about 12 ft) and narrower on the bends, was having a joke?

• Like 1

You do realise that the guy who said the track would be the width of 4 handlebars (about 12 ft) and narrower on the bends, was having a joke?

Oobviously!!