British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

The new Stadium at Swindon is scheduled to be built before the 2016 season. They have recently started building the houses and the conditions are that the Stadium must be either started or completed before they sell 400 houses.

This track is of FIM size, unlike the BV one which I understand is not, but there is a planning change already put forward by the developers to reduce the size of the industrial area surrounding the track and to build more houses, which may delay the building and opening of the track by March 2016.

Some houses have already been built within a couple of hundred yards from the existing stadium and others are going up fast.

One thing they are building is an old peoples home next to the stadium, so if the flats overlook the track fans could get one of these flats and watch the speedway from their balcony.

Bit daft that, surely?

There have been many daft comments on this thread...

Is the size of the BV track ok for FIM events or not, as way back it was mentioned that it was not?.

If it is that is good

Edited by A ORLOV

Is the size of the BV track ok for FIM events or not, as way back it was mentioned that it was not?.

If it is that is good

SURE it will be available for FIM events ...

Is there a stipulated size/shape for an FIM approved track?

Wasn't there a SWC event held at Eastbourne?

I will give £50 to anyone wearing a clowns outfit who comes to see me at any of Belle Vue's home meetings this season,

Entrance stage left Middlo?

Is there a stipulated size/shape for an FIM approved track?

Wasn't there a SWC event held at Eastbourne?

It's where ever suits the FIM/BSI. I believe Cardiff doesn't meet FIM guidelines - but thats just it, they're guidelines, not hard and fast rules.

It's where ever suits the FIM/BSI. I believe Cardiff doesn't meet FIM guidelines - but thats just it, they're guidelines, not hard and fast rules.

BUT the tracks do have to obtain an FIM licence and meet safety criteria, etc

BUT the tracks do have to obtain an FIM licence and meet safety criteria, etc

I don't doubt that. but I think when it comes to track dimensions, the FIM only have guidelines, not rules. They suggest a certain length and a certain track width plus how far back the start line could be. But technically the FIM could agree to a track having a licence even if the start line is right on top of the first bend.

The new Stadium at Swindon is scheduled to be built before the 2016 season. They have recently started building the houses and the conditions are that the Stadium must be either started or completed before they sell 400 houses.

One thing they are building is an old peoples home next to the stadium, so if the flats overlook the track fans could get one of these flats and watch the speedway from their balcony.

How do I book a place?

I thought the new BV met FIM criteria - that was one reason whet stands on one or both of the bends have been taken out of the scheme. Think I am right, but maybe......not

Think you've dreamt that one...

Right from the beginning of the project the FIM/BSI have been involved with the intention of allocating the SWC to the new stadium in it's first season of operation.

There's been plenty of info in the press releases about how the track has been designed first, with the stadium to fit around it. The track being modelled on the best bits of Hyde Road and the top Polish tracks. How it will incorporate features like a slight kink in the straights (similar to Hyde Road), and the maximum amount of banking allowed under FIM regulations (I believe the regs are 5% on straights and 10% on bends).

How you've missed all the press releases and dreamt something different, I have no idea.

This track is of FIM size, unlike the BV one which I understand is not, but there is a planning change already put forward by the developers to reduce the size of the industrial area surrounding the track and to build more houses, which may delay the building and opening of the track by March 2016.

Some houses have already been built within a couple of hundred yards from the existing stadium and others are going up fast.

Right from the beginning of the project the FIM/BSI have been involved with the intention of allocating the SWC to the new stadium in it's first season of operation.

There's been plenty of info in the press releases about how the track has been designed first, with the stadium to fit around it. The track being modelled on the best bits of Hyde Road and the top Polish tracks. How it will incorporate features like a slight kink in the straights (similar to Hyde Road), and the maximum amount of banking allowed under FIM regulations (I believe the regs are 5% on straights and 10% on bends).

How you've missed all the press releases and dreamt something different, I have no idea.

Not so!!!

I read something to the same effect regarding the FIM and their Track size Regulations. I'm pleased to have it confirmed now that that the Article I read was incorrect.

Cheers JL and PR. :t:

Not dreamt up and have gone back through this thread and found comments on page 12.

Not so!!!

I read something to the same effect regarding the FIM and their Track size Regulations. I'm pleased to have it confirmed now that that the Article I read was incorrect.

Cheers JL and PR. :t:

Can you provide a link to the press release you read?

All I think you read was someone on here making things up.

Not dreamt up and have gone back through this thread and found comments on page 12.

I think you'll find the comment on page 12 about the track being 4 handlebars wide was sarcasm.

• Like 1

Can you provide a link to the press release you read?

All I think you read was someone on here making things up.

I think you'll find the comment on page 12 about the track being 4 handlebars wide was sarcasm.

You could be right about that - but I did read it.

Sometimes you have to take things at face value or nobody would believe anyone on here.

Edit: People shouldn't be Posting something like that unless they are certain.

Edited by The White Knight

I really hope that the condition is that the stadium must be complete before they sell the houses.

We had a similar deal for a stadium near Edinburgh 10 years ago which stated that the stadium had to be started before they could sell houses. 10 years later, all the houses are sold and we have this of the stadium:

033866_6a491583.jpg

Instead of this:

01.jpg