British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

You see the grandstand at Wallyford on the railway to Edinburgh, just a half built steel construction in the middle of a field, looks bizarre.

You see the grandstand at Wallyford on the railway to Edinburgh, just a half built steel construction in the middle of a field, looks bizarre.

whats that then

i usually lleave the car at Wallyford when i get the train into Edinburgh

was it a dog track

whats that then

was it a dog track

Have I entered some sort of parallel universe. Wallyford!!! Edited by Aces51

News article about the possibility of world events at the new stadium.

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1407

All looking very positive Aces51. Looking forward to next year already. :t::approve: :approve:

But what happened to the 2013 SWC eh?

Pah!

I'll believe it when I see it.

(I did buy six tickets for the opening night just in case, lol!)

I'm glad you put that bit. I was about to go off on a rant. :t::D :D

But what happened to the 2013 SWC eh?

Pah!

I'll believe it when I see it.

(I did buy six tickets for the opening night just in case, lol!)

Rumour has it that a certain Mr Blatter wad involved in the allocation of that meeting so it is now going out to fresh bids and likely to be held at the NSS in 2016.

• Like 1

Rumour has it that a certain Mr Blatter wad involved in the allocation of that meeting so it is now going out to fresh bids and likely to be held at the NSS in 2016.

Haha!! Good one Aces51. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have I entered some sort of parallel universe. Wallyford!!!

Small town outside Edinburgh, the east coast mainline railway line runs though it. The name usually gets a giggle from passengers who have never heard of it before. From what I can remember it was a run down old greyhound track. All that remains these days is the steel structure of a grandstand in the middle of a field.

whats that then

was it a dog track

From what i can remember it was a very run down old greyhound track.

Selling tickets for a fixed night for its opening is certainly an incentive to get it finished on time !.......especially when lots of other stadiums have to delay their official opening..

But it's got about 9 months to go...the stands are going up....there will be a longish spell of good weather now ....I'm convinced it will be open for its advertised date...but I'm not sure I'd have been selling tickets for it just yet !

Unpredictable weather for mid-March too. 16,000 shivering fans in Manchester on a cold wet March night...what fun!.

Should opened on June 1st when the weathers better.

They couldn't start next season on June 1st though....so that date would be useless if they want the Aces to ride there next season...

...I've no.problems with the opening date..if the Aces are going to leave Kirky Lane and ride at the new stadium next season then it really has to be ready for March...talk of June is a waste of time.....fingers crossed for a good summer and mild winter and no delays

Unpredictable weather for mid-March too. 16,000 shivering fans in Manchester on a cold wet March night...what fun!.

Oy going to be 6000 at the most first meeting. Don't think the temp stands will be up for this meeting

Whooooooossshhhhh!

That's a fantastic whoooooooshhh!

He's forgotten the significance of June 1st already, and it was only 5 days ago!

Looks like some good news coming up whistle week about stadium.

Saif there is major changes afoot??? What could this be