British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

I respect your opinion but TOTALLY disagree these two men have given the best part of 10yrs( time and money) to bring us one of the if not the best stadium and Track ( once the issues are ironed out) that we have in this country from scratch and built for s/way only.It is already an amazing feat IMO and I wish them well and forward to many visits in the future.

Chris Morton's first track my beloved Ellesmere Port lies in ruin waiting for the bulldozers so i am so glad that this track has come to fruition and IMO it is safe and caring hands

wouldn't it have been better to not sell 5,000 tickets then before the most important part of this multi million pound project ( the track itself) was ready ? at the moment it's not "the best " track it's a building site

wouldn't it have been better to not sell 5,000 tickets then before the most important part of this multi million pound project ( the track itself) was ready ? at the moment it's not "the best " track it's a building site

I think that we have to accept that they acted in good faith and thought that the meeting would go ahead ,I was there and will be happy to wait for my refund so I am putting my money where my mouth is as it were!!

• Like 2

Pirates Pirates Pirates the truth is the NSS does exist and will be the best speedway facility in the country your comment about it ain't happening is frankly absurd.

• Like 3

Pirates Pirates Pirates the truth is the NSS does exist and will be the best speedway facility in the country your comment about it ain't happening is frankly absurd.

Yeh, but in what year...

• Like 1

I think that we have to accept that they acted in good faith and thought that the meeting would go ahead ,I was there and will be happy to wait for my refund so I am putting my money where my mouth is as it were!!

Why should we accept that they acted in good faith ...the bottom line is after the track was handed over they failed to take Due Diligence in testing the track with full practice matches etc before they allowed a 6k crowd in .

What they try to do was to fudge up a meeting on a untried and unfit track as they had already had sold all the tickets .

Edited by orion
  • Like 3

Why should we accept that they acted in good faith ...the bottom line is after the track was handed over they failed to take Due Diligence in testing the track with full practice matches etc before they allowed a 6k crowd in .

What they try to do was to fudge up a meeting on a untried and unfit track as they had already had sold all the tickets .

To the best of my knowledge the Stadium has not yet been handed over.

(I could, of course, be wrong).

Edited by The White Knight

To the best of my knowledge the Stadium has not yet been handed over.

(I could, of course, be wrong).

How could they have staged the opening meeting if the stadium had not been handed over. ?

• Like 1

Yes and who passed the track as fit for racing,I'm sure I have read in the speedway star an independent body someone from the SCB maybe will do this.Not just Belle Vue but any future new track.This makes sense and would have maybe stopped the opening night fiasco.

• Like 1

Yes and who passed the track as fit for racing,I'm sure I have read in the speedway star an independent body someone from the SCB maybe will do this.Not just Belle Vue but any future new track.This makes sense and would have maybe stopped the opening night fiasco.

And wasn't it explained also, that the SCB inspection and granting of a licence does not include, rather amazingly, the track itself - apart from dimensions, but covers the safety fence, neutral zone, etc.? As per the relevant Article in the Regulations:

9.1 CIRCUIT LICENCE
9.1.1 A valid Circuit Licence is required for all Tracks staging speedway under these Regulations.
9.1.2 A Track Homologation Certificate, valid for 3 Seasons will detail the construction, size, type of
fence, neutral zones, lighting, infield zones and details of all dispensations given.
Edited by macca56

How could they have staged the opening meeting if the stadium had not been handed over. ?

I do not believe that the Stadium/Track has been officially handed over to the Promoters yet. I thought it could not be handed over until everything (including the Track) was signed off by the Council and the Promoters.

If anyone knows more about this I would appreciate the true facts on this matter. As I said in my previous Post - I could be wrong.

Of course the SCB can't license a track as being fit to race on. They'd have to issue licenses every day as if it rains it's not fit.

Of course they can only check dimensions.

I will stand corrected (not going to pile through all the posts) but I think it passed a SCB inspection as per SCB stated above.

Of course the SCB can't license a track as being fit to race on. They'd have to issue licenses every day as if it rains it's not fit.

Of course they can only check dimensions.

Spot on ...it was down to Belle Vue to test the track and make sure it was fit for racing on the sat night ...sadly the test was two riders going round a couple of days before hand ...base on this they allowed 6000 fans in on a track that not fit for a race meeting .

• Like 1

Yes and who passed the track as fit for racing,I'm sure I have read in the speedway star an independent body someone from the SCB maybe will do this.

The bottom line is that the onus always has to be on the host track to produce a track fit for racing. The SCB may ultimately have to sign off on certain aspects, but they don't really have anyone experienced in preparing or riding a track, and they're not the ones that will ultimately carry the can for an unfit track.

If the SCB signed off on a track that's subsequently required substantial remedial work, then that just sums it all up...